• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your Favorite Pokémon Movie?

What is your favorite Pokémon movie?

• Jirachi: Wish Maker

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Giratina and the Sky Warrior

• Victini and Reshiram/Zekrom

• Kyurem VS. The Sword of Justice

• Genesect and the Legend Awakened

• Diancie and the Cocoon of Destruction

• Hoopa and the Clash of Ages

• Mewtwo Strikes Back—Evolution

• Secrets of the Jungle

• Total voters
Destiny Deoxys.

First movie of the franchise I ever saw, loved the concept of Larousse City, and Deoxys VS Rayquaza was incredible to watch.

pVi6m1MvWxV8Nh9xvaVzOTp6GupGtvpojrS2E27pHVdGaKlQ1c9nvYCkXFCTSB_m-bxDLtpvhy1RhTL35FLFkk7IY-0b7piHkCGKe87U8rF3-AE3vDCSat0kpf8K2bzAC2RC6ftrQ2tmEzJRqg

The Power of Us, Absolute no competition. 95% of Pokemon Movies since Best Wishes have been extremely underwhelming.

I wish I had enjoyed The Power of Us the same amount as other people on this topic. Unfortunately, while I like I Choose You!, I found the twentieth one film to be very disappointing like a Pokémon movie, although it is a good slice of live.

Last edited:
In all honesty, I've never been so excited over a pokemon movie like I am over The Power of Us(the 21st movie). Ash is so amazingly done in this move: cool but childish, a breath of fresh air compared to his Kalos counterpart-where they had attempted to do the same thing-and his relationship with Pikachu is shown so well in this movie. The moments they have together is just really touching and wholesome, and best part about that is that nobody comments on it! Honestly, I feel as if when the writers started having other people point out how close Ash and Pikachu were-when it was already very obvious but okay writers:bulbaFacepalm:-in the anime, it just kinda fell flat.But in this movie? Both Ash and Pikachu were on equal footing.
The cast was so wide and refreshing-its nice to see a movie that focuses on character instead of action straight off the bat-and guess what, this movie actually received the best rating on Rotten Tomatoes(getting a "fresh" rating) compared to all the other pokemon movies! Meaning, that the deviation from the norm and focus on character building was the right way to go. I really followed every character's story throughout the movie, and I actually CARED about them. The only time I've ever held a movie this high in regard was the Volcanion movie, and even then the only movie characters I was interested in was Volcanion and Magearna-the human characters introduced just felt bland-and Ash and the gang could use a lotta work in that movie. Pikachu got more meaningful interaction with Volcanion than Ash did, which is weird considering Ash is with Volcanion more often.

Back on topic, can we talk about the animation and art? It just flows so well and in such a unique way that breathes a different kind of air into these characters. The CGI in this movie is increasingly noticeable, though...but other than that, the color scheme, the buoyancy, the expressions, the coolness...

I honestly can't believe this is set in the same continuity as Movie 20. I didn't like the prospect of an alternate Ash, Pikachu, and Team Rocket in Movie 20, but this is the movie that sold it for me! Especially since it seems as if Ash is going to remain the same in the upcoming 23d movie...

The way the cast's stories all come together too is just so...yeah, I'm going to stop here-I just love this movie.

I'll go with Pokemon Heroes. The scenery is stunning, Latias is so adorable, I liked the shipping subplot, and the climax is surprisingly dark for a Pokemon movie.
I also really like Spell of the Unown and Lucario and the Mystery of Mew.

Lucario and the Mystery of Mew introduces some interesting lore, a variety of settings and Lucario is one of the best guest characters in a Pokemon movie. Its arc is great and the connection it develops with Ash is a highlight because it’s more than just legendary/mythical connects with main character for plot purpose. I love that there’s no villain, and the plot is a rescue mission over a misunderstanding. It’s one of the best uses of the TRio in any of the films. The concept of the time flowers is an interesting one, and Kidd is a good character when she could have so easily been a late stage villain figure.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom