• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your Favorite Pokemon-related Memory

Nekusagi

Badass office lady
Reaction score
Anyone got any Pokemon-related memories that make them feel warm and wuzzy inside?

At Gen Con, two years ago, I was cosplaying Domino for the first time and REALL self concious about my costume. People had been mistaking me for Jessie or Cassidy all day, and I was getting really annoyed. Then, in the dealer hall, this little five year old girl and her dad walk up to me and the dad's like, "We saw you at the Pokemon booth when you asked about the Skitty plushie and we had to track you down again." Then the little girl says "You look like Domino!" and the dad goes, "Can I get a picture on my cell phone?" So the little girl gets in a picture for me- I let her hold my tulip- and she's like, the happiest girl in the whole world. And I felt completely awesome the rest of the day.
(Yeah, it's pretty... corny. But it still makes me happy whenever I think about it.)

Well... Pretty much my whole 'Card Collecting Summer'. It was the most social I have ever really been, and more or less the most adventuress, which is a tad sad.

It's also pretty cool now, being able to take the binder of ordered cards in as a high school senior and watching all the 'grown' people crowd around asking if I have 'insert pokemon name here'. Even if one of them does have issues and thinks Arbok has a further evolution.

Mine would probably be either A: getting a special edition Pokemon Yellow version Game Boy Color for Christmas, or B: Opening up a pack of cards to find a Charizard and foil Golem in the same pack.

Sitting in the sunshine in my friend's backyard, leaning against tree stumps, and playing our giant gameboys. All day. Great times...

My favorite Pokemon-related memory has to be from summer 2000. My little sister Amber and I got to go see Pokemon 2000 in theaters and we were totally flipping out over it. The days before an after we obsessed over it all the time. It was realy the last big Pokemon-related thing we would ever do together and I loved it.

A less cherished but more recent thing that happened.... My friend Emily dispises Pokemon with a passion, though I know she used to love it more than I ever did. She's always talking trash about it, saying how much it sucks. One day in the 10th grade, a Psyduck card just randomly fell out of my backpack (I'm still clueless as to why it was there. o_0) and i pointed it out to her, expecting another insult. She just squealed at the cuteness and we both began reminencing about the first gen Pokemon as we walked to our next class. Though the next day, she hated it again. XP

~*Kris*~

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom