• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your favorite Pokemon type?

What's your favorite type?

• Total voters
I like Normal-types because they look, well, normal, but have the ability to use moves of all sorts of types, hinting that they've got some sort of special power no one can see. They're just really cool.
I also like Water-types because their stats are solid and I love all the critters that live in the seas and rivers to begin with.

Obviously my favorite type is fire. The thought of burning your opponent and weakening their physical attacks just makes things a whole lot easier (especially when dealing with a ground-steel type) plus I think all fire Pokemon are cute (yes even the ones that aren't attractive, like slugma) I also have a soft spot for Dark, Ghost, Dragon and Ice types.

Psychic, always have been fascinated with the whole 6th sense type of thing; plus my mum's seen mediums before to get in touch with her parents so it's a pretty big deal to me.

Also...there this adorable creature here..
<---

It varies for me. Dark is often the type that I find myself liking the most, just because I really like the majority of Dark-type pokemon, with only a few exceptions (such as the vultures). So I would probably say that is my favourite type.

Grass, Fire and Water are also pretty neat types, Electric too, I guess. Fire types tend to have cool designs and something about manipulating fire is pretty amazing (hence the firebender avatar :B). Water types have a huge variety of pokemon and water is the chill and relaxed typing. Grass, I don't know. There's something about Grass that I really like but I can't place my finger on. A few of my most favourite pokemon are Grass-types, so it could be that. Electric-types are usually fast paced and have sleek designs.

Overall though, Dark is favourite.

I picked normal. Not because they are that good but because they are very versatile which makes them interesting.

Mahou shoujo anime > Anything you watch

I love you!

Just to remind you: if you have a post you like, then click the "Like" at the post. Since you did that, I should also advise you not to post to say you like something from a signature. This should be brought to a VM. The thread is for posting things that are related to the thread, which in this case, is about favourite types.

Thanks for reading.

psychic is pretty much my favorite type but i don't need all psychic pokemon, i also like fire and water pokemon too!

My personal favorites (in no particular order) are ground, grass, water, and electric. I guess it's just because a lot of my favorite pokemon fall into one of these four types.

i love fire types i always use the fire starter in any game i just love the element fire to begin with its so awesome

from the regal arcanine to the badass charizard
the kick butt infernape to the mystical ho-oh

fire types are just plain awesome

My favorites are probably Psychic, ghost, and dark:evil:. For psychic, I just like the idea of using ones mind to fight, it's flipping cool and mysterious. For ghost, I'm that person who takes the shortcut through the cemetery.... Finally, for dark I sympathize with them, since they're misunderstood, and I just think they're cool too.

Grass is my very favorite type, since I am a nature lover IRL and I actually enjoy looking at plants and flowers. Psychic is a close second because i like the concept of fighting with you mind, plus I like special attackers and most of the good ones are the Psychic type. Finally, Fire rounds out the top three since most Fire types are cool looking to me! (Ironic, since they'd actually be hot :p)

In general the Ghost-type are über alles. What could be more cool than the opposite of Normal?

Flying is my favorite. A lot of my favorite Pokemon, like Staraptor and Archeops, are part Flying. They're one of the most balanced types, having 3 weaknesses and resistances, and an immunity. They generally have high Speed, which is useful in just about every battle ever, besides a Trick Room battle. Many also have a decently high Attack stat, or Sp. Attack if that isn't the case. The feeling of being in the air, the thrill of flying... it's exhilarating!

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom