• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your favorite self-created OC(s)?

Kelleo

Secret Sword of Justice
Reaction score
So, I'm sure lots of us have created an original character or three for our stories. Obviously, they'd also be original if you're doing a completely original story and not a fanfic. I've created a lot of them myself, mainly because my Fire Emblem fic has almost a completely original cast of characters (the only exceptions are Ike, Elincia, Ranulf, Boyd, Soren, and Geoffrey. And even then, that last one only appears in the first chapter).

I've created several OCs for both Fire Emblem and The Legend of Zelda, so I'll list my favs for both.

Fire Emblem - That would be Bryan, definitely. The backstory I came with for him as well as his character just really grabbed me (the fact that this guy sucks at keeping secrets especially gets hilarious). And he gets a crapton of development. He goes from a weak, lonely, and hated crybaby to one of the most powerful, brave, and respected people in the continent of Altarais. One can feel bad for him too because of all the shit he went through as a kid and the fact that he never knew a single thing about his mother for the longest time. He's pretty cute too! I have to mention Leyon as well though, cause of his badassness and how he works to go through life without any family and not knowing what happened to his missing brother, or if he's even alive. He's VERY nice on the eyes too, probably my most attractive OC. :D

Zelda - Kelli is quite amazing and badass, but I've been liking Judo a bit more. He won't appear in my current Zelda fic, but he will have a main role in the sequel, and what we learn of him there is mainly why I like him a lot. ;3

For every original characters I'd ever created, I loved them all equally, because I'd put so much effort to create every single one of them. Each of them is just like my very own children.

And also, I don't play favouritism, because if I had to single out one specific character to be my favourite, I might going to reduce the screen time of my other OC, which is not very fair. But of course, it also depends obviously on the role of the character, is the OC I created a main character, antagonist, supporting character, or just a once-off character that is to be out for one single chapter.

The current crossover fic I'm writing consist of purely original human characters, there is not a single canon human character involved. Though there is only one protagonist, but there are also 4 other main characters that get almost the same amount of screen time as the protagonist. If you do have to say "the favourite", that is really obviously these 5 main cast. But from the characterization viewpoint, these 5 main cast is really not my personal favourite kind. I created them like now merely because the characteristics and personalities they have is the best suited for my current fic. They are my "favourite" from the viewpoint of this specific fic.
I do not wanted to discuss more than the existence of my OC. That is because for the ones who never read my fic or do not wanted to read my fic, it is really pointless for me to provide details. And also by literally meaning, OC exist only in that one specific fictional world created by the author, and obviously inside the heads of author and readers that had ever read your fic. The people outside of these will never understand it despite that you explain to the finest details right now. I may just provide some general information about my OC, but that makes me feel like I'm just advertising.

Hey, just because I express a bit of favoritism doesn't mean I don't give an equal amount of attention to the other main characters (the supporting ones get a bit less for obvious reasons, but I give them plenty of attention too). I will admit Bryan does get a pretty big arc mostly to himself, but he IS one of the two male leads of my FE fic, so it's fine. Azura still gets more attention though because she's THE main character. And I didn't even mention her, though I do really like her too.

And like I said in the case of Judo, he hasn't even shown up in any of my fics yet, so he hasn't gotten any attention right now, really. He is mentioned quite a bit, but that's only because finding him is one of Kelli's main goals.

DaiMon Geth, the Ferengi overseer in the NGC-673 system, featured in Chapter 4 of my Star Trek story is probably the only character I feel I did an excellent job on so far. He has just the right mix of ruthless business sense, selfishness, quasi-adorableness and cartoonish villainy that a Trekkie would expect from a Ferengi.

I never really look at my own characters as exceptional. I try to shoot for believable characters. It may not make them the most memorable, but I don't really care for that.

My favorite characters are definitely Nolan Weiss and Reese Walker. Nolan's a bit of a Sue, and loosely based off of the player character from RSE. He's the epitome of a "good" character, always going out of his way to help people, nice to a fault, and ultimately pretty badass. Reese is Nolan's antithesis. I've always liked writing evil characters, so while Giovanni's more of a Moriarty-esque behind the scenes puppet master, Reese is more up front. He loves killing, torture, you name it. Needless to say, these two don't get along, which will result in a pretty awesome fight scene before Unpredictable ends.

I just like these two because they're so much fun to write. Neither of them get a ton of screen time, since Reese was only recently introduced, and Nolan is apart from the main cast.

Sarkun Grasjakal: A monk turned mercenary that uses the 19 Year War on Norskavia as a vehicle to experiment with shamanism and sorcery. The victims--or "villains", as he insists his employers refer to them--are his experimental subjects. The mental torture and physical hummiliation Sarkun inflicts upon the "villains" are necessary for his sorcerous experiments. The "villains'" violent deaths are essential for Sarkun's attempts to create a synthesis of sorcery and warlock magic. The viscera of the "villains'" are the requisite offerings for the Vikaidrun that Sarkun bargains with. None of this bothers Sarkun--the people that he subjects to his experiments are brutes using the 19 Year War as an excuse to engage in theft, rape, and all manner of gluttony. Sarkun considers himself a hero, as do many others in Norskavia subjected to the depredations of war.

Brynja Kadevri: A former security worker in the Thunder Cauldron of Kurga that becomes the head of a violent revolution. At the start of the revolution, Brynja's forces imprison and execute the Thunder Cauldron Broodlords for their crimes. In Brynja's eyes, she is serving the cause of Rebirth. A new Broodlord is installed, thus ending Brynja's revolution. The new Broodlord rounds up those who conspired with the old Broodlords and offers them to the Thunder Cauldron's avian deity. Brynja forms a new guard--secretly--that serves as a check on the office of the Broodlord. Brynja doesn't believe in the notions of Good and Evil; only Rebirth and Decay. She scoffs at others' fear that her lack of dedication solely to Rebirth or Decay indicates a lack of moral compass. An attempt to put down a violation to the cycle of Rebirth and Decay leads Brynja to evoke a Vikaidrun that tears apart the elemental composition of the Thunder Cauldron, turning it into the magical equivalent of a nuclear wasteland.

The event shakes Brynja's resolve. Her nightly meditations bring her to a land where she encounters the twisted ghosts of the Thunder Cauldron's inhabitants. Brynja battles the ghosts and promises them a place in the cycle of Rebirth and Decay. Thus, Brynja seeks training as a physician. Her work brings her into contact with all manner of terminally ill individuals; each encounter presents Brynja with a vessel for the twisted ghosts of those who died by her hand in the Thunder Cauldron Massacre. Eventually Brynja begins to question her dedication to the Great Cycle: it seems as if she's been violating that Cycle by wresting away the consciousness (or souls if you rather) or the terminally ill and leaving the bodies for the ghosts of her victims.

Brynja resolves to use the people of Savakrev as the vessels for her ghosts (since Savakrevites were responsible for the blooming corruption that led Brynja to evoke the Vikaidrun responsible for the Thunder Cauldron Massacre). Brynja tells herself that she's serving the Cycle by declaring a covert war against Savakrev, whose spellcasters are working to create the Great Stasis. Naturally, the Great Stasis would inhibit the Cycle and breed Stagnation.

My most favourite tend to be synonymous with the most recent, as I'm particularly proud of them. But over the years of writing fan-fiction, a few had left an impression. I'm very fond of Noah and Wasaki from Journey out of Mt. Coronet and other stories, as I feel that their relationship was quite realistic for something I had intended to be blown out of proportion and exaggerated. I always think of both of them when I recall those stories.

I'm also very proud of Mr. Yarlott from What History Hides, and Zarya from Antonyms even though they're both very minor supporting character in their story. It's probably because I had planned out a past for both of them, and it was quite extensive past that will probably never get published.

Similar to the first example, I like "Team West" from Mirage Forest because they work well together. I had intended to create stubbornness and a refusal to learn by themselves in all of them, and I'm very happy with the way they turned out.

Well I've had a lot of fics that I've written xD some that have survived and some that haven't but I definitely have been able to pinpoint some characters that I really enjoy writing about. Two characters that I really enjoyed writing about are from my academy fic which are Fin Wave and Darren Schifer, what I like about this is that they're complete opposites of each other but their personalities are something I really enjoy. Fin for one is one of the most unique character's I've come up with and I like to see him as a blend of many different character archetypes that all just sort of create something new.

Darren I like to write about cause of his brooming and very serious personality, I enjoy writing his reactions with the other characters and the way he acts is unique, he isn't angsty and is just a loner but he also has a very clear head and a lot of flaws.

Ozias Wheatley, Gallade gijinka, from various RPs.

His appearance has developed over time, and so has his personality. He started out as a egotistic, sarcastic jerk. But eventually he's become who he is today, an extremely badass comic-relief hero.

Split Ends said:
"The Project is an immoral cause," Ozias replied angrily, "They're my enemy now. They... strip people of their lives! Keep them in cells! Without permission from anyone! You could bloody alter the reproductive cells! Get a prokaryote, alter its genetic code! Throw it in a reproductive cell and create new life! Not destroy other peoples! Why? Why would you do that?! Look at these people, these human beings. Consider their potential! From the day they arrive on the planet, blinking, step into the sun, there is more to see than can ever be seen, more to do than... No, hold on. Sorry, that's The Lion King. But the point still stands! Leave them alone!"

I've only really created and put effort into one OC and that is Molly. She is like the French girly version of me. I try to picture her as the opposite of me when I write things.

While I have named over sixty OCs for the IRC RPs and unreleased stories I'm involved with (though I haven't necessarily developed all of them), there are twelve I tend to recycle in different contexts, and out of those, I would consider five to be my favorites: a pop/rock band called Eye Candy, consisting of teenagers Joanie Aimes, Collie Calloway, Annie Jameson and Bella Austin, and my go-to antagonist, Icira Witherflame.

Each member of Eye Candy has a unique personality and skillset, and in Pokémon-related contexts, they're all fierce fighters. I'd go into the exact reasons why I enjoy writing them, but we'd be here all day. And I'm sleep-deprived.

Icira is less of a character and more of an extremely versatile actress, able to play whatever part the plot calls for—usually the villain, where she can be chaotic and fun-loving or steady and stern. This flexibility allows me to drop her into virtually any setting with very little tweaking.

Before you ask, yes, I noticed that all of my favorites are women. The fact of the matter is, I just have an easier time writing women than writing men—I tend to end up hating my male characters because they're too much like me, whereas my female characters end up being people I wish I had in my life.

I used to have a favorite Pokemon OC, but now that I look back at them, I realize that they fit in the "badass Mary-Sue" section. So now, I really don't have that many Pokemon OC's.

My favorite OC, out of all my fandoms, is... well... a Sonic OC, her name is River. I know, I'm a horrible person, since the Sonic fandom is filled with horribly designed and overpowered OCs with little to no creativity in them. But unlike the stereotypes, I try to have a legit explanation behind her appearance, personality, and abilities. I try to give her a realistic personality for the somewhat realistic history she was given, and I don't want something to seem completely out of place with her character. Since I try to make River a bit realistic, I like it when I have her question the logic of the Sonic universe, since there's little to no realism in the series recently. I don't really even know how to describe her in one whole post...

I would like to say that I love all my OC's equally, but some of them are just to underdeveloped or in reworking. As a result I feel like I know some better than others, making them my kind of favorites. I've had OC's for Doctor Who, Harry Potter, Percy Jackson and the Olympians, and Pokemon (there are others but I've been working on these the longest.
Since I'm most focused on Pokemon right now, i'll only list my favorites for Pokemon. I did however work very hard on my OC's for the other fandoms.

Well... I guess I'll give an honorable mention to my first OC from Percy Jackson and the Olympians that I made when I was 12. Her name was Elle, she was was seriously lacking in the flaw department, and didn't have a solid back story, and looking back on it, was really annoying, but she was the first and at the time I was very proud of her, so she'll always be special.

Mooooooving on (sorry to bore you all with that). Also I plan to write stories with these characters so I probably won't say to much about them.

I have Magenta Eton, from Red. A channeler from Lavender Town who decides to take a trip to Pallet and ends up being a Pokedex holder. She starts her journey with a Gastly and a Drowzee. Magenta also values sleep above all else, believing a 10 minute power nap can fix almost any problem.

Then comes Tourmaline Lazuli from Sapphire. Tourmaline or "Tori", has a team of Castforms that she calls "The Form Fleet". Obsessed with Pokemon that can change form, she eventually adds a Ditto and a Kecleon to the team thus forming "The Conversion Coterie". She also enjoys entering contests.

Lastly, I have Jetta Greyson. The Daughter of another OC of mine and the Little sister of another. Jetta spends most of her time playing the bass in a band called "The Delighted Litwicks", and battles the gyms with her spare time. She has a trio of starters, a Zorua, a Mime Jr., and a Misdreavus which represent her three favorite types.

Ozias Wheatley, Gallade gijinka, from various RPs.

His appearance has developed over time, and so has his personality. He started out as a egotistic, sarcastic jerk. But eventually he's become who he is today, an extremely badass comic-relief hero.

Split Ends said:
"The Project is an immoral cause," Ozias replied angrily, "They're my enemy now. They... strip people of their lives! Keep them in cells! Without permission from anyone! You could bloody alter the reproductive cells! Get a prokaryote, alter its genetic code! Throw it in a reproductive cell and create new life! Not destroy other peoples! Why? Why would you do that?! Look at these people, these human beings. Consider their potential! From the day they arrive on the planet, blinking, step into the sun, there is more to see than can ever be seen, more to do than... No, hold on. Sorry, that's The Lion King. But the point still stands! Leave them alone!"

I don't have any self-created OC's to mention, but I just wanted to squee over the Doctor Who reference in the quote above. SQUEEEE.

Mine is Ryu Mikigami. The Main character in my OC. I just love writing and reading about him because he has kind of a Luffy personality, in which he's amazed by the most simplest things but he's definitely smarter than Luffy and knows what he is doing.

I have an all around character named Lily (her original name was Lilith, but I shortened it down). I keep her personality and appearance the same, but I just change the back story up a bit so that she can fit in the story or roleplay I use her in. While she can be rather angsty, it's not like a super emo wannabe situation. And even though she sort of fits as an Anti-hero, I try to give her plenty of legit and realistic reasons behind her actions. Even though she looks like she's lacking good flaws, I give her plenty of fears and insecurities hiding under.

My favorite OC is Tom, one of the three main characters in a fic I'm working on. Instead of being a Mary Sue, I actually developed a set of flaws but a bunch of virtues too. I think he is the easiest of my main characters to write about.

I have made many characters but.I.would definitely have to say my favorite(s) have to be silver, north, and blade. A absol, Dewott, and grovyle respectively(these also happen to be the nicknames of my Pokemon.) I have spent years working on these three specifically and through all that time have grown quite attached to them.

my favorite character is still taylor duncan. i changed him drastically from when i first created him (which was around two years ago) and now he's a prideful asshole crybaby who actually has flaws. his asshole side is pretty funny which is why i like him a lot. he's also sarcastic as fuck. he's just that one main character that you don't know if you should hate or not because he's such a fucking piece of shit but you choose to like them anyway because theyre the main character. i also have other oc's that i adore. i like most of my characters, but i dont consider them my children because thats a bad opinion to have. it's better to use them as tools than consider them kids.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom