• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your favorite self-created OC(s)?

Well, for myself...I can't choose. Over the time, I've accumulated a crapload of characters, from comics, RP's, stories and fanfiction in general, and I like most, if not all of them.
Probably one of my favorites atm would be my Night Vale related character, "Sam".
"Sam" used to be a gang member in a gang from a little headcanon of mine, where the Feral Dogs that were plaguing Night Vale at one point weren't really so much real dogs as they are dog mask-wearing gang that have the ability to shapeshift (mainly into canines and certain other nonanimate objects, like plastic bags) that were causing trouble until someone ratted them out. And that would be "Sam".
Now, they had their memories forcefully taken away and they were stranded out in the middle of the desert. When they get back to the strange town, they'll soon have to work for the Angels that take residence in Old Woman Josie's home, completing tasks that would range from changing light bulbs to saving the town from it's daily near-destruction.

I still need to really write all of this stuff, though.

Ummm. I'm working on a story right now, but I like both of the main characters equally. Amy and Lily. They're twins, so I made them to be equally cool. I suppose Lily is easier to write for, but Amy has a more complex character.

My favorite OCs:

Ginger Beauregard - She's an athletic, big mouthed, larger-than-life woman with a pageboy haircut who always dresses in revealing sports gear. She talks loudly, flirts with her husband's brother, has a black adopted daughter, and has an obsession with He-Man and the Masters of the Universe and She-Ra, Princess of Power (her Pokeathlon team was called Team She-Ra). Despite being named Ginger, she is not a ginger. She is a blonde. She's a lot of fun to write since she's so over-the-top.
Ludovic Thevenet - Ginger's third husband. He is a Pokestar Studios director who tends to make so-bad-it's-good movies. He is a prima donna and an extrovert, plus he's very flamboyant. He enjoys wearing Abercrombie & Fitch. Basically, he's the perfect match for Ginger. He's fun to write too.
Olivier - He's from my Pokemon X and Y journey fic. He's a chipper kid who has a Keet personality and enjoys his playful Dragalge. I thought he was fun to write since it was funny writing about a kid loving his Dragalge like someone would love their puppy.
Flora and Fauna d'Hautpoul - Also from my XY journey fic. They were fun to write because I made them hopelessly-in-love stalkers who went all lovey-dovey on Calem even though they barely know him - they even like having twin threesome fantasies (interesting that the twins are the one having it). It's especially funny how they practically strangle him with love by the time their cold-hearted bitch of a mother comes.

I have too many OC's to truly say which one is my favorite. They're all very unique in their ways, what they are, their roles, etcetera. Choosing is very hard from this.

If I had to choose, I'd pick letter E,"All of the above". That is a choice I see a lot on quizzes. Lol

I may use one OC more than others, sure. But it doesn't make it my favorite OC. It just means I'm focusing my priority on that OC, and not the others. I do abandon OC's for a while, but I make sure to squeeze them into something when I can.

Sark Brandt - A self-entitled young Fireslinger who treats Trainers that aren't in the Fireslinger class as ignorant, illogical pieces of shit. These attitudes were fostered when his parents bought him a Charizard of his own. His habit of sex, drugs, and Pokémon pit-fighting catch up during an incursion into the Seafoam Islands. In the face of a horde of Jynxes and Gyaradoses, his courage snaps and he flees into the mountain passes. The other Fireslingers he lead in the incursion as butchered. Sark is taken back to Cinnabar for trial, which ends in a flesh-rending in the island's volcano. He escapes Cinnabar by offering himself to some fishers who haven't known a woman in a long time...on Johto, Sark's attitude of superiority persists, until it nearly gets him killed. Falling in with a wandering company of sellswords--one of many in the wilds of Johto--he hatches a scheme to recover a brimstone-bladed sword, a new Charmander, and sets out to free Cinnabar from the anti-Blackthorn rebels that have taken over.

Decadence, amorality, and violence are really easy to write. Especially when these ill-reputed qualities are channeled into a heroic outcome!

In a story I'm developing the unknown antagonist is my favorite. While it was not my original intent I take a lot from Christianity and the unknown antagonist was inspired by the Antichrist. A beloved religious figure born into a trusted family he preaches known truths in a way everybody can relate to. However, he is deceit incarnate and his biggest lie comes from the unknown truths that he does not speak of. A self driven being that will manipulate others to further his own goals. Not out of a sense if evil, but because his actions are natural.

His purpose is to get the reader involved on a religious and emotional level only to hit them with the truth that there is no good/evil in "survival".

I only just started my new fiction, and I am seriously stifling laughs for the funny parts I am thinking of. In my fiction, which is entirely original, there are 7 protagonists, 3 of which are girls, and 3 antagonists, all are boys. One of which is a smart, cunning character, but his habits are just absolutely funny. He is evil, but is not purposely funny.

I won't give any more details about it right now. The story I made only has a single chapter right now, and that is just a prologue to the actual story. I don't have the time to make another chapter right now, but later today, I might be able to get into context for my characters.

Urol the Goretusk is one of my favorites. He was born in the hills surrounding the Lake of Rage, to a family that refused to bow to the Blackthorn Dragon Tamers. Urol was a young child when his mother and younger siblings fled the dragon trainers. The harsh climate and treacherous terrain in the Ice Path frayed his family's nerves to the point that they were at one another's throats. Urol tried to keep it together and be strong for his little sister. He even managed to kill a Piloswine so that they could have a nice shelter in the pokemon's cave and some fresh meat. When Urol fails to capture more Piloswine and Swineub for sustenance, his mother lashes out at him. In his anger, he splits her face with an axe. Deep within the Ice Path, Urol begins seeing visions of Articuno; the ice bird sets a curse on him, called the Goretusk. Later when Urol sees Articuno worshippers being prosecuted by Dragon Tamer loyalists, he flies into a bloody rage and butchers them. Urol reasons that by fighting the Blackthorn Dragon Tamers, he can lift the Articuno's curse. The thing is, at times he wonders if Articuno really cursed him, or it he's just a horrible person who can't take responsibility for his actions.

This leads Urol to embrace the anti-Blackthorn movement, as he blames the Blackthorn Dragon Tamers for his mother's death.

Urol's zealous hatred of the Dragon Tamers earns him the nickname Goretusk; he tends to use shock tactics to help win his battles, such as nailing his enemies' heads to his Piloswine standard. He believes that saving Johto from the Dragon Tamers and their imperial expansionism will absolve him of the Goretusk.

Alright, I have made more chapters, and now I can get into more context about my villains. First off, my villain General Krain.

General Krain is a cunning character I made up. He is absolutely diabolical, and is quite cruel to his partner, General Vason. He has a mechanical hand that replaced blasted-off old one, and that new mechanical hand can transform into pretty much any handheld item. But his most notable feature is his humongous eyebrows. He has ridiculous habits with his 6-inch long eyebrows, such as wringing them out after a damp experience. I have fun with him for those moments, especially when I gave him the insulting name of General Vain.

General Vason is different story in terms of personality. He is quite mean, but is often subjected to the torture of General Krain. The reason why Vason is such a tool is because of the fact that after an accident with a Magical Disintegrator, he can transform into anything, with the special remote to control it. The sad part is, General Krain controls the remote, and uses Vason to his advantage.

When they are apart, they aren't anyone of great importance. But with Vason's abilities, and Krain's mind, they are a force to reckon with. Tomorrow I can get into detail about Lord Darcius and the 7 Magicians I have made. I am fans of all of them, even if I am their creator.

Aww yeah. I have this one character in a Pokemon fanfiction I'm writing. Her name is Aleusis Harmonia and she's N's evil bitch of a little sister and she's just the most aggravating villain I have ever created. I love her.

Mine is a villian I introduced in chapter 2: Carmine. A sexy villian who sharpens her nails with a bowie knife and rides Aerodyctals. yeah.

Tregrenos (no regrets) from the RP "A World Without Legends", who is nearing his final chapter at the moment. I had created a "good guy" for the story, but needed a second character. Enter the "bad guy", Tregrenos. I mention good and bad, but I don't believe in such labels. To do so makes the characters far less significant. My "good guy", a Smeargle named Tsaikogen, is far from being a saint, nor is he a brooding hero. He's a mortal that's seen a lot of bad things, loved, and lost all within the same story. He's gone through psychological hardships and his drive for what he sets out to do, kill the legendaries, is actually for the greater good. However, when it came down to it he was unable to just let Arcticuno die.

Tregrenos was a mystery when introduced. His extravagant methods of torture immediately showed he was a creative, but horrible Pokemon. Designed after a Bannette it isn't until I hosted a contest with clues that he was revealed to actually be the destroyer, MissingNO. Still, despite his nature being to destroy he has created so much. He takes Meloetta under his protection, at least to her knowledge, but she is currently an instrument in yet another of Tregrenos's weapons.

Though his form is constantly changing the finale will show what will become of him, Meloetta and Tsaikogen.

Well, my new favorites are some characters I'm really excited to debut in the next chapter of Stainless Steel. I think they just work really well off each other.

Not a character I made for this place, but for a different RP back in another forum.

If any of y'all are familiar with Homestuck, he's a Homestuck fantroll. If not, lemme just use general terms to describe the chap.

His name's Anansi Uchawi. Quirky little fellow, stage magician, has the power to control the reflection of light and create seamless, albeit intangible illusions. Is hilariously flamboyant and overwhelmingly energetic.

Oh, yeah, and he thinks that he's a god.

Anansi's in the lower castes of his society, and was taught by his parent figure to lay low and not get himself into trouble. Anansi, however, quickly got fed up with that, because he wanted more fame, more recognition, more power, more, more, more. He eventually became engrossed in tales of mythological and the gods of yore, to the point that he became obsessive, and eventually deluded himself into the belief that he is a deity cast down from the heavens and sent to the bottom of the barrel. So he commits sacrificial murders, masterminds extravagant acts of destruction, and is absolutely ruthless in his attempt to appease the gods and get them to give him his title back.

What I love about Anansi is the absolute firmness of his belief, to the point of being downright terrifying. He is the epitome of dangerous ambition, a man who will stop at absolutely nothing for his goals. He will gain your trust only to toss you off of a cliff, he will put on an act of jollity only to slit your throat, and he will even sacrifice his mind and his sanity to eldritch abominations, all in the name of power. Although his goals stem from oppression, he is by absolutely no means a tragic villain, and believes that he is entirely in the right.

Silly Oblivion, magic isn't real.

And since Homestuck jokes probably don't count as valid, thought-provoking posts, time for an actual answer.

Basically, I don't have one. I know that's kind of strange coming from a guy who has only published an OC-centric story on this site, but I don't. At least, in the long term. Any OC I am presently writing is generally my favorite because I'm busy doing a lot of thought about their character and plotlines and that tends to edge them into my short-term number one.

Mine is Special Agent Geezer. He's an agent with the international Police that was tasked with investigating Team Rocket during the timeline of Red and Blue. He is highly invested in Team Rocket because he believes that they are after Mewtwo and he was one of the men responsible for cloning mew. He however gets sent over to Hoenn to investigate team Magma and Aqua when he fails to report any connection between Team Rocket and Mewtwo. As his code name would suggest he is an elderly man but he refuses to retire until the Issue with Mewtwo and Team Rocket is resolved.

I do love my Elea. She was sort of created by accident. After I had noticed I had a huge male/female imbalance, I gender swapped one of my characters with the idea of "Maybe she was just disguising herself as a boy the entire time!"

Fast forward a few years and I've decided she is the granddaughter of the Trick Master and has a Kecleon that helps her spy on people. Weird how those things happen.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom