• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Check out our new Mysterious Garden forum style if you haven't already - we're sure you'll love it!
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Your favorite Shiny of your least favorite Pokemon

Creator of this Thread

EmCeeChupi the Undying

Light Bearer
Reaction score
Pronouns
He, Him
It's the same as WyndonCalling's Favorite Pokemon of your least favorite type? thread, but with Shinies!
Mine is Golem, it is Gold boi, but I don't like it because it's a trade evo. Also the theories that it has the face of a Machoke when it doesn't have to be traded for one to have the evo occur

Edit: Also it blows up if Damp isn't active or you don't resist Self-Destruct or Explosion, so you could just lose it turn 1.

Last edited:

techitisJ

Pokemon Researcher
Reaction score
Pronouns
She/Her
Most of the Pokemon I really dislike have pretty lame shinies, so I have some PokemonI sort of dislike, or came to like after awhile, who have good shinies.

Furfrou. I've just never had a good time fighting this thing and its stupid fur coat. I love almost all the dog Pokemon, but I just can't love this one. Probably because I've just ever been the biggest fan of poodles. But, Shiny Furfrou looks so much better. Whether it's just the basic one or one of the styled ones, it just looks so much more sleak with the darker fur and lighter body.

Munna. I never hated this Pokemon, but I never really liked it either. When I first saw it right as I was getting back into Pokemon 9 years ago, I thought its design was pretty lame and left it at that. Shortly after that, I learned of the NPC in RB that talks about wanting a pink Pokemon with a floral pattern that Munna was possibly made to reference, and I started to take a bit of a liking to it. Then I saw its shiny form. and I instantly fell in love. It's an incredibly underrated shiny form for a Pokemon. The yellow paired with the soft green and pink flowers with the pink eyes just look so cute. It's probably in my top 10 favorite shinies in general.

Battista

Nostalgic Curmudgeon
Reaction score
I suppose blue eyed Patrat is slightly less scary than red eyes. But then they went ahead and messed up the one thing I like about Watchog with its shiny, turning its yellow crossing guard vest (an interesting reference) into an out of place mint green. So I just can’t win with these guys.

Orchid

remarkably unremarkable
Reaction score
Pronouns
he/him
I really, really don't like Salazzle and Zeraora - but their shiny forms, both being pure white with a few dark accent colors, are a bit nicer visually than their regular colorations IMO. I'm also not the biggest fan of Talonflame, Greninja, or the Galarian Zigzagoon line, but I'll admit their shinies make them look pretty cool.

Every other Pokemon I dislike has a shiny palette that ranges from "meh" to "yuck" though. Honestly, that's usually part of the reason why I don't like 'em :р

EmCeeChupi the Undying

Light Bearer
Reaction score
Pronouns
He, Him
I really, really don't like Salazzle and Zeraora - but their shiny forms, both being pure white with a few dark accent colors, are a bit nicer visually than their regular colorations IMO. I'm also not the biggest fan of Talonflame, Greninja, or the Galarian Zigzagoon line, but I'll admit their shinies make them look pretty cool.

Every other Pokemon I dislike has a shiny palette that ranges from "meh" to "yuck" though. Honestly, that's usually part of the reason why I don't like 'em :р
What?
WHAT?
WHAT?!
Zeraora is cool! How could you not like it?!

Plaid

⭐ Heart Topic ⭐
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
I don't dislike Beautifly by any means, just tend to have a "meh" opinion of it overall, but it has a wonderful shiny palette - in my opinion, probably one of the prettiest shinies out there. Swalot is also cool enough in its shiny form to kind of redeem my old dislike of the Pokemon (mostly for getting rid of the green snot 'stache).

Rainbow-Rain

LEADER OF THE INTELEON DEFENSE SQUAD
Reaction score
Not the biggest fan of Emboar but I love the Blue Flames on it's Shiny

colours

ꜰʟᴏᴡᴇʀ ꜰɪᴇʟᴅꜱ ❀
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
i dont like hypno at all but pink is a good colour so i'm not gonna hate on its shiny

Reaction score
Pronouns
they/them
Excadrill. I hate its guts (mostly because of Clay's in Volt White 2) but the shiny is cool

Silverwynde

#UnovaConfirmed
Reaction score
Pronouns
She/her/hers
Charizard. I have never liked it but the shiny looks freaking amazing.

Mochii ✎꒦꒷✩‧₊˚

Alola, Primarina! (✿ノ◡ヮ◡)ノ*:・゚✧
Reaction score
Pronouns
She/her
Jumpluff

I don't really interest much in Jumpluff, but its shiny form looks so cute! Pink looks better than the normal blue on it.
:enzap: