• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your favorite Shiny of your least favorite Pokemon

Creator of this Thread
Reaction score
It's the same as WyndonCalling's Favorite Pokemon of your least favorite type? thread, but with Shinies!
Mine is Golem, it is Gold boi, but I don't like it because it's a trade evo. Also the theories that it has the face of a Machoke when it doesn't have to be traded for one to have the evo occur

Edit: Also it blows up if Damp isn't active or you don't resist Self-Destruct or Explosion, so you could just lose it turn 1.

Last edited:
Most of the Pokemon I really dislike have pretty lame shinies, so I have some PokemonI sort of dislike, or came to like after awhile, who have good shinies.

Furfrou. I've just never had a good time fighting this thing and its stupid fur coat. I love almost all the dog Pokemon, but I just can't love this one. Probably because I've just ever been the biggest fan of poodles. But, Shiny Furfrou looks so much better. Whether it's just the basic one or one of the styled ones, it just looks so much more sleak with the darker fur and lighter body.

Munna. I never hated this Pokemon, but I never really liked it either. When I first saw it right as I was getting back into Pokemon 9 years ago, I thought its design was pretty lame and left it at that. Shortly after that, I learned of the NPC in RB that talks about wanting a pink Pokemon with a floral pattern that Munna was possibly made to reference, and I started to take a bit of a liking to it. Then I saw its shiny form. and I instantly fell in love. It's an incredibly underrated shiny form for a Pokemon. The yellow paired with the soft green and pink flowers with the pink eyes just look so cute. It's probably in my top 10 favorite shinies in general.

I suppose blue eyed Patrat is slightly less scary than red eyes. But then they went ahead and messed up the one thing I like about Watchog with its shiny, turning its yellow crossing guard vest (an interesting reference) into an out of place mint green. So I just can’t win with these guys.

I really, really don't like Salazzle and Zeraora - but their shiny forms, both being pure white with a few dark accent colors, are a bit nicer visually than their regular colorations IMO. I'm also not the biggest fan of Talonflame, Greninja, or the Galarian Zigzagoon line, but I'll admit their shinies make them look pretty cool.

Every other Pokemon I dislike has a shiny palette that ranges from "meh" to "yuck" though. Honestly, that's usually part of the reason why I don't like 'em :р

I really, really don't like Salazzle and Zeraora - but their shiny forms, both being pure white with a few dark accent colors, are a bit nicer visually than their regular colorations IMO. I'm also not the biggest fan of Talonflame, Greninja, or the Galarian Zigzagoon line, but I'll admit their shinies make them look pretty cool.

Every other Pokemon I dislike has a shiny palette that ranges from "meh" to "yuck" though. Honestly, that's usually part of the reason why I don't like 'em :р
What?
WHAT?
WHAT?!
Zeraora is cool! How could you not like it?!

I don't dislike Beautifly by any means, just tend to have a "meh" opinion of it overall, but it has a wonderful shiny palette - in my opinion, probably one of the prettiest shinies out there. Swalot is also cool enough in its shiny form to kind of redeem my old dislike of the Pokemon (mostly for getting rid of the green snot 'stache).

Jumpluff

I don't really interest much in Jumpluff, but its shiny form looks so cute! Pink looks better than the normal blue on it.
:enzap:

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom