• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your Favorite Video-Game Weapons

Poke Dragon

Looking for a way to be whole again.
Reaction score
There are various reasons to have a favorite video-game weapon.

My favorite is definitely the Four Sword, mainly because it splits the wielder and itself into four into the original and three identical copies.

I always have a soft spot for the mop from Breath of the Wild, simply because I remember having to beat a moblin to death with one in the East Post Ruins during my first playthrough. On a slightly more serious note it's surprising how many tight spots an enhanced lizal spear's got me out of.

The sword of kings from dragon quest is my iconic sword example

the needler from halo is also pretty cool because while it’s nerfed since 3, in the og xbox era it was broken to the point I would just wreck house in campaign with it.

The needler is one of my favorite video game weapons as well, along with the energy sword and the focus rifle, the latter of which me and brother nicknamed "The Frying Pan."

Other video game weapons that I also like would have to be the Vampire Knives, Nettle Burst, Lunar Flare, and Daybreak, all from Terraria.

forgot its official name but the gravity gun from half life 2. Created a lot of interesting gameplay moments in each new environment.

First that comes to mind is the Flail of Ages from Baldur's Gate II.
Amazingly
good weapon, has a cool little history, it's available very early. It's only downside is there's a tiny few monsters it's magic isn't quite strong enough to hurt, but you can upgrade it later in the Expansion Pack to get rid of even that flaw.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBM-UNjEP-Q

A sarcastic talking sword - What more do I need to say?

But then, the Baldur's Gate Saga as a whole is chock-full of unique weapons and armor for adventurers to discover throughout the Sword Coast: with varying bonus enchantments/defenses, special abilities, and their own item descriptions & histories. BGII, in particular, is still quite possibly the greatest RPG in terms of rewarding itemization.

Maybe I could also mention the BFG9000 from the Doom series just for its sheer power and wide range.

Oh, and does a Lightsaber count? It may not be an original video game weapon, but it always feels awesome to wield one when I'm playing Jedi Knight, KOTOR, Fallen Order, or any other SW game where I assume the role of a Jedi Knight/Dark Jedi. I'm biased. :cool:

While lackluster to its original version since it's a replica in-universe:
I really do enjoy the design to Shulk's Monado Replica EX(and it's EX+ variation), or Monado REX for short.
1603635894074.png

Honestly addition of the metal decals and the fact it looks like the original Monado unlike the other Replica Monados made by the Machina in the base game, especially Saga and Dogma makes it a lot better. In fact, I like this design better than the original Monado variations we see in game, cause how detail it is compared to how relatively simple the original was, not to mention the factor in of more colors besides red and blue.

Of another Future Connected weapon, Melia's World Ender staff.
1603636964584.png

I just love the fact that Shulk started Monado-fying his friend's weapons, with this weapon's simple look and color scheme really works for it and its user Melia. I just hate the fact it's the starting weapon and that it gets no upgrades in-game, with all Melia's better weapons being from the base game in the Epilogue. Well thank god for the fact we can customize our weapons appearances.

While technically not a videogame weapon I'll still count it, which is Cloud's Fusion Sword from FFVII: Advent Children.
1603637437610.png
Just the fact it's a sword made out of swords is just cool to me, and like the weapon above, the added details make it a lot better to me than the basic Buster Sword.

"Behold!! The power of the Monado!!"

No, serirously. The Monado is dope in both design and concept, as well as how it implements its surrounding story elements into the gameplay of Xenoblade Chronicles. It's ultra powerful what with being able to control the world's ether, as it were and looks like a more hi-tech lightsaber. I also like how the developers of Smash utilized the Monado's features in the game, it worked super well in the context of the game.

I have also always been a fan of Alondite, the Black Knight's sword from the Fire Emblem Tellius games, but I'm not sure if that's just an extension of my love for the character, or the sword itself.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom