• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your favourite battle style

Which battle style is your favourite?

• Normal style

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Elegant style

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Girlish style

• Reverent style

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Smug style

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • Left-handed style

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Passionate style

• Idol style

Votes: 3 13.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
I just met Gester in Malie City and was wondering what everyone's favourite battle style is!

I have a hard time choosing myself. When it comes to the throwing, I love the Smug and Idol style the most, but I prefer the poses for Elegant and Passionate...

For reference, here's all the poses:
s66jPN9.png
And a vid of all the throws from behind:

And a few of the throws seen from the front:

It's hard to pick just one. I like Smug, Left-Handed and Idol the most, but for now I use Smug in-game.

Which is the one where you spin as you throw out your Pokemon? Is that Passionate? It's so anime, I love it.
That's the Idol style. The one that forces you to sit through the laggiest part of the game.

I agree though - it's worth the effort to get it.

I think I am gonna go with Smug Style... and on that note I have to say that Passionate Style won't work, I am currently on the 54th win in Battle Tree and when I went to the old man to learn it, he just tells me what I have to do to learn it. I have no idea what's going on.

Left handed style, solely because I myself am left handed, and am glad I can have a left handed trainer.

I don't like any of them.

At first I thought they were a way to change how your Trainer actually stands throughout the battle. I thought, "Oh well of course, you're going to be showing the Trainers in battle now, it totally makes sense to let us customize our stance."

But no. It's just the throwing style, and the pre-battle pose for PVP battles. :|

I do appreciate that they bothered to include a left-handed option, though. I'm not left-handed myself, but it's nice to see.

My current favourite battle style is Idol. It seems so ballistic to me, haha. Prior to that I used Left-handed and Smug style as my favourites of choice prior to unlocking Idol.

I won't be commenting on Passionate until I earn it myself or I see someone else who uses the style, but this is what I'm aiming for most of all.

I think I'm gonna go with Elegant...uh, it's not difficult to get that style, is it? I heard one requires you to get a 50-win streak at some place.

I heard one requires you to get a 50-win streak at some place.
That's Passionate style, and...
That's the one you get for achieving a 50 streak in a Super Battle at the Battle Tree, at which point you'd be facing Battle Legends Red and Blue depending on which format you chose (and would still have to get around the strong guests that come around every 10 matches, too).

I like the smug one, but I'm also left-handed. Why isn't there a left-handed version for all the animations? :/

No shade but what tf is the smug battle style pvp pose

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom