• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your favourite Ghost-type Pokémon (Hallowe'en special!)

Reaction score
With Hallowe'en approaching, I thought it would be a good time to talk about Ghost-type Pokémon. Which ones do you like the most?

724.png

My favourite is Decidueye. When its concept art leaked prior to Sun and Moon's release, I desperately wanted it to be real because I love the design so much. It's my favourite Grass starter and one of my favourite starters overall, along with Typhlosion and Inteleon.

I also really like Lunala, Rotom, Alolan Marowak, Trevenant, Giratina, Runerigus and Mismagius.

Alolan Marowak is probably my overall favorite, but I'm also really fond of Litwick and Phantump - they're very cute!

Decidueye is up there for me as well for favorite ghost types. I'm also pretty fond of Pumpkaboo, Spiritomb, Giratina, Dragapult, Mismagius, Mimikyu, Froslass, Runerigus, and Cofagrigus.

Hmmmm well I adore the Dreepy line, and the Misdreavus line is great too. If you twisted my arm though I'd say the Dusclops line for how 'out there' they are and the sorts of lore that they have being more akin to some sort of eldritch horror (Dusclops having a black hole in its body and Dusknoir being able to dimension hop by curling in on itself) than just a bog standard 'is creepy and goes boo' style ghost

Trevenant is the only ghost type I actually like
since its actually frightening looking of all the way a ghost should be
unlike the others who seem so comedic
nothing will replace actual ghostly encounters

Ghost is my number one favorite type, so obviously I have a shitton of favorites here.

Well, for starters, pretty much everyone who even vaguely knows me is aware that Sableye is my no. 1 child....

...but for the rest, we got... (out of order in terms of actual preferences)

Mega Banette
Duskull
Dusclops
Polteageist
Drifblim
Gourgeist
Mimikyu
Frillish
Jellicent
Dragapult
Blacephalon
Runerigus
Palossand
Misdreavus
Shuppet
Galarian Corsola
Cursola
Dhelmise
Golurk

tbh, the only Ghost type that I ever truly dislike at all is Gengar.

Haunter.
The episode of the Maiden's Peak made me like Gastly but Haunter's "hands", tongue, smile and red aura just make me love it. Ir seems that it's always taunting with those "claws".

Pretty sure Runerigus would be my #1 favorite but I also really love Haunter, Pumpkaboo, Trevenant, Spiritomb, Sableye, Dusclops, Mismagius, and Alolan Marowak.

Blacephalon too, but that's more because of how bizarre it is. It doesn't exactly square as a "ghost" in my mind, and frankly I'm still not 100% convinced that it wouldn't be more appropriately classified as a Fairy type (and it is very rare for me to second-guess the official type settings).

Bit hard cause I jam with a lot of Ghost-types.

I guess a top 3 (In no particular order) would be I'm gonna swiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing from the Chandelieeeerrlure, Dragapult and Aegislash. Even though there's also Alolan Marowak and Gengar...

Gengar for its grin and high Speed and Special Attack and wide movepool.
I also really like Lunala, Alolan Marowak, Rotom, Chandelure, Mimikyu, Aegislash, Gourgeist, Decidueye, Mismagius, Golurk, and Giratina-Origin.

I love ghost types, it's my favorite type. I'm going to rank all the last stages, but I actually like them all:

Gengar (My favorite Pokémon :bulbaLove:).
Drifblim.
Froslass.
Rotom.
Dragapulp.
Banette.
Lunala.
Hoopa.
Blacephalon.
Decidueye.
Chandelure.
Polteageist.
Cofagrigus.
Oricorio.
Gourgeist.
Mismagius.
Mimikyu.
Aegislash.
Dusknoir.
Giratina.
Jellicent.
Cursola.
Trevenant.
Golurk.
Spectrier.
Sableye.
Shedinja.
Marshadow.
Runerigus.
Marowak.
Dhelmise.
Spiritomb.
Palossand.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom