• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your favourite James episode?

L-05308

Reaction score
Holy Matrimony, Once there were greenfeilds, Dressed for Jess sucsess and The treasure is all mine! come to mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that Once There Were Greenfields would be my favorite one. I liked seeing James trying to train Cacnea for once and it was interesting to show that even with a lot of determination and effort, not every trainer can work with their Pokemon at a satisfying manner. Plus, seeing James come to the hard decision of letting Cacnea go was sad and still makes me cry when I see it. Sweet Baby James is another pretty good episode that also focuses on James' caring nature for his Pokemon when he worries about Chimecho, feels sad for having to leave it and seeing him bond with Mime Jr. was pretty nice too. Hold Matrimony is a fun episode and I liked seeing James' past, but I tend to go with the more emotional moments as my personal favorite. Although, I do like the little moment between James and Jessie at the end of the episode, as it shows how they are good friends, and seeing James' Growlithe still being so loyal was cute.

I cant honestly choose, every episode is my fav because james is in it!! he's literally so funny, but sweet baby james and once there were greenfields are up there, cus i cried :(

I love all episodes dedicated on James because it is always a certain sweetness of these episodes, but "Holly matrimony" is and will remain the best of all in my eyes because of the dominating fiancée, the flashbacks, Growlie and the rocketshippy scene at the end. I love everything about this episode.

I love the sweetness of "Sweet Baby James", this episode is on the second place in my heart. I love so much Chimecho and Mime Junior, the sad scene at the end makes me smile every time (I'm becoming crazy of love when I see James crying), * and besides, I won the DVD with this episode in a lottery, by chance, I doesn't tell you my joy

"The treasure is all mine" is just a filler I was expecting something better for the return of Jessiebelle but i love the flashbacks.

"Dressed for Jess success" is fun, with the crossdressing and rocketshipping! It is a perfect blend of ingredients to make my happiness.

"Once there were greenfields" is cute and I love the emotional end.

I forgot "The faux oak finish" this is not really an episode 100% dedicated to James but there is a lot of appearance. I love its lack of self-esteem in this episode and conversely "The fortune hunter" is great for making power of self-esteem for James under the moltres disguise.

Last edited:
Holy Matrimony, without a doubt. That will always be one of my favorite classic Pokemon episodes.

Once There Were Greenfields gets a honorable mention because it was the first Pokemon episode to actually make me cry. Tears were just streaming down my face when James said goodbye to Cacnea. When Zoppi has to make James sound emotional, he does a good job with it.

Sweet Baby James and the episode with the scavenger hunt. Just too sweet for words!

Sweet Baby James, the way he teamed up with Ash to save the Pokémon from Jessie and Meowth really got me.

Oh, this is hard. A lot of good James-related episodes were very well done. Let's see if I can narrow it down a bit.

"Sweet Baby James" was such a tear jerker for me, showing James' softer and more caring side. Throw in that song near the end and that created quite the recipe for an emotional setting. Even though James lost Chimecho, he gained a new friend in Mime Jr., which made it very satisfying in the end.

"Once There Were Greenfields" was another good James episode, showing his sensitive and gentler side. He proved that, despite a Pokemon and Trainer working hard together, the recipe for success isn't a guarantee. Having to let go of Cacnea was a tough call for him, but he knew that he just wasn't good enough to unlock Cacnea's true potential. It wasn't easy for him, as the loss carried over into the next episode, but it was a very good episode. Plus it had Gardenia, my favorite Sinnoh Gym Leader.

I do find all the Jessebelle episodes funny, but I have to choose Dressed for Jess success, it shows that James (& Meowth) really care about Jessie

Definitely "The Fortune Hunters," simply for the Flaming Moltres costume. And leave it to Jessie to say what everyone must've been thinking: "I think that costume came right out of his closet."

Back
Top Bottom