• Another exciting episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!

Your Favourite Male Player Characters?

Meta Boss

Gym Leader
Reaction score
Which are your favourite male Player Character designs throughout the series? You can also rank all of them from favourite to least favourite.

We are talking about the main series games, not the anime, manga, etc.

----------

Here is my list:

1. Ethan (HG/SS)
  2. Red (FR/LG)
  3. Hilbert
  4. Brendan (Emerald)
  5. Chase
  6. Lucas (DP)
  7. Nate
  8. Elio
  9. Calem

Last edited:

Poke Dragon

The boundary between opposites.
Reaction score
Believe it or not, I like Nate's character design the most, with DP Lucas in second.

Meta Boss

Gym Leader
Reaction score
I am really fond of Chase, currently. I think his design is great. Similar to Red, on the surface, but with a different more energetic personality.

I don't really like how big his head is in LGPE, so I much prefer the official art (see my current avatar and signature, for reference).

Dieter

Dieter
Reaction score
I feel like the male protags overal get the slightly more boring designs, but on the plus side, they get to wear stuff that's longer than mid-thigh. So you lose some, you win some, I guess...
  1. Lucas (I love that peacoat)
  2. Brendan (Emerald/ORAS Contest!!!)
  3. Red (FRLG, thought art is a little over-saturated)
  4. Hilbert (quiet vibes)
  5. Elio (both, but especially USUM)
  6. Ethan (I mean, there's nothing wrong with it)
  7. Nate (I hate that visor, sorry)
  8. Calem (Hilbert but boring)
I haven't played LGPE beyond the demo, so I don't feel like I can really judge Chase. Looking at it, his design is fine, but that's all I can say.

I hope we get some other pre-dominant colours in future games though, because now it's mostly red or blue, or both.

The male SwSh protag also looks pretty nice, though again, his outfit is dominated by the colour red.

XGalactic_DragonX

Reaction score
I prefer a lot of the male designs over the female designs, so this should be fun.

1: Lucas
2: Nate
3: Hilbert
4: Gold/Ethan
5: Chase
6: Brendan
7: Red
8: Elio
9: Calem

I know they're not main series games, but I would like to appreciate Wes and Michael's designs. I feel these two are easily forgotten about and it's such a shame.

Aulos

Winds <3
Reaction score
I suppose Ethan, Hilbert, and Calem are my favorites. A lot of the male trainers blend together to me. They look like the same character, including some of the ones I mentioned as my favorites. lol Red is a great design, too, but he's become so oversaturated, I'd rather him not show up again for a very long time.

Last edited:

NinjutsuSen

Reaction score
1: Lucas
2: SwSh Male
3: Brendan
4: Nate, Elio, Red
5: Ethan, Hilbert, Calem, Chase,

(The last four are just so generic and boring looking)

Nicolas721

Reaction score
  1. Brendan Emerald: Nostalgia, but in Emerald he completely rocks the biker design.
  2. Ethan Original
  3. Ethan remake
  4. Brendan RS: Still good but I prefer the Emerald colors.
  5. Hilbert: His afro and his cool jacket give him a 15 year old look, which he makes good use of.
  6. Red remake
  7. Lucas DP
  8. Red original: Looks a bit on the generic side.
  9. Lucas Platinum: While I like blue I'm not a fan of giant jackets.
  10. Kalm: His hair is boring and his outfit is a repetition of his 2 predecessors. However, his apparent age of 17-18 redeems him a bit.
  11. SWSH protagonist: The hat and the bag are a bit silly, I hope those are customizable early on. His age was his redemption again.
  12. Nate: He looks like Hilbert's younger brother, but not in a good way, his hair is a literal mess.
  13. Chase: Generic as hell, I feel nothing by looking at him.
  14. Elio USUM: An improvement over the other Elio as they at least experimented with the clothes. But it's not enough, I ended up choosing the girl.
  15. Elio SM: His look is childish as hell, and is overall boring. His eyes are gigantic and intimidating in-game.