• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • The 2020 staff drive for Bulbagarden is now live! If you're interested in joining the Bulbagarden staff team (whether it be forums, social media, or more!) then you're encouraged to apply!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Your Favourite Male Player Characters?

ᴅʀɪꜰᴛɪɴɢ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴀ ᴍᴇᴍᴏʀʏ
Reaction score
Brendan (Emerald) > Nate > all

I don't really care much for the other male player characters. =P

Reaction score
My favorite one is LG's Red, because it's a nice update from the original and it has a serious look.

Sapphire's Brendan comes next, despite the fact that it seemed to wear a Magma outfit due to the colors, because it wore no shorts and I thought that he had white hair, which I find cool.

The third place goes to Hilbert, because it has what I think are old elements, like the inclusion of a Pkball somehow, in this case through the hat colours, because he also has a serious look like LG's Red and also due to the age that he was or is supposed to have and seems more mature

I think that with the inclusion of customisation, the player characters have lost uniqueness and just seem more bland, perhaps because no one will keep the original look and so Game Freak doens't put that much work in creating someone that really stands out.