• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your favourite Pokémon game?

Which is your favourite (main series & related) Pokémon game?

• Red (Japanese)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Green (Japanese)

• Blue (Japanese)

• Red

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Blue

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Yellow

Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Stadium

• Gold

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • Silver

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • Crystal

• Stadium 2

• Ruby

• Sapphire

• Emerald

Votes: 18 11.4%
  • FireRed

• LeafGreen

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Box

• Colosseum

• XD: Gale of Darkness

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Diamond

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • Pearl

• Platinum

Votes: 22 13.9%
  • HeartGold

Votes: 16 10.1%
  • SoulSilver

Votes: 21 13.3%
  • Battle Revolution

• My Pokémon Ranch

• Black

Votes: 13 8.2%
  • White

Votes: 18 11.4%

• Total voters
Favorite Pokemon Game

I apologize if this thread is already made. I used the search function and went through 11 firggin pages, and didn't find anything.

What is your most favorite pokemon game ever? Mine would be Emerald, the plot and gameplay were just epic for me, also Hoenn is my favorite region, but what's your people's favorites?

Re: Favorite Pokemon Game

Soul Silver, because it had everything cool from the Sinnoh games and Crystal was my first game. It brought back so many memories.

Emerald. I played that game to death. It came out when a lot was changing in my life (I had decided to leave high school) and I had been doing what everyone else had been doing and pretending I was too grown up for Pokémon now that I was a teenager.

I bought Emerald when I left school and it reaffirmed my complete adoration for Pokémon. HeartGold and Platinum are great, but Emerald has a special place in my heart.

HeartGold, due to nostalgia and being a kickass game in itself. Mystery Dungeon Blue is also awesome (second one, not as much), as well as Pokemon Snap.

eh

this is hard

err i don't really have a favorite, but i'll go with emerald

in order i guess:

1. emerald
2. platinum
3. soulsilver

Emerald. Awesome storyline. Cool pokemon. Great characters. The essence of pokemon! Obviously GameFreak knew wut they were doing when they made this game.

my heart gold i was nerly crying of the sweet memorys of my child hood from my first game(silver) that i spent hours working on to find my self nine years later.

and mabey my leaf green as 2ed as i spent alot of the 3 gen playing it.

Emerald

Fixed almost everything that was wrong with RS and fused the 2 storylines perfectly to create an excellent experience.

Right now it's Platinum (I love Sinnoh) or Heartgold (you can get a lot of time out of it with all the different challenges) but Black and White have the highest rating and daefinitely look to be the best games yet do I'll see how those turn out!

Black & White as stated in the Famitsu Magazine before, it stepped up to the perfect score no other pokemon game has done since 1995.

Anyways, my favorite PKMN games would be either Red or Emerald. I like Platinum too, but I think I should go along with Emerald; because it was a great, challenging game that fixed every negative things in Ruby & Sapphire. Can't wait for the remake <3

Last edited:

Suddenly, Ruby. Great music, Mudkip line and my favourite player characters.

Blue (obviously) got it when I was 3 years old before the Pokemon craze really even took off. Love that little cartridge with all my heart.

HeartGold is a very close second. I usually hate remakes. G/S were perfect games, and HG/SS were simply beautiful updates. I prefer HG because I had Gold simply, and also Ho-oh is awesome.

HeartGold because it has so many good features and I love Kanto and Johto! Even though I liked Platinum a lot before HeartGold and SoulSilver came out. But Black's probably gonna be my favorite when it comes out in English.

Either crystal or SoulSilver. Always been a fan of the johto games.

My favorite game EVER, not just Pokemon, is Gold. That game holds so much nostalgia...I play it every day and have so many shinies and Lv.100s it's not funny.

Next is Snap, because I love the feel of the original games, and Snap is no exception. I have photographed every single one of the Pokemon and I'm still trying to get Mew's perfect photo. The last shot I took was around 8,700 points...

And Stadium 2 comes third. It's so...perfect. The minigames are great, the battles look much better than PBR...it's the perfect game with G/S/C inserted.

And finally, I couldn't decide between Red/Blue and Explorers of Sky. Red/Blue brings a fuzzy feeling whenever I play it. I feel like I'm 5 again whenever I play it...and Explorers of Sky has everything I love. Exciting roguelike gameplay, great characters and plot, and 492 Pokemon available to recruit...It's the pinnacle of Rescue/Explorers games.

Sapphire, Platinum, and Gold.

Sapphire was the first game I truly loved. Platinum has a brilliantly fun storyline, especially in Distortion World., and made me realise that I like Gen4. Gold because it sucked me into a joyful pixelly world with amazing music. ^_^

Snap completely slipped my mind. Aside from just loving the 64 in general, snap was an awesome game, that was easy, but diffucult when it needed to.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom