• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your favourite Pokémon of your least favourite type?

My least favorite type would be Fighting. Most of the pokemon designs for that type are lame and ugly and are way too humanoid (some of them are basically just guys in a colored suit). The best fighting types are ones that actually have good designs are aren't just human-like and ugly and have nothing else to them except good martial arts skills.

Lucario is one of my favorite fighting types because it's a cool dog-like pokemon with awesome powers (like its aura). Some other fighting types I like a lot are:

Sirfetchd: A cool bird with a sword leek and a cool design
Zamazenta: A wolf with a shield theme, looks very cool
Heracross: For being a Bug/Fighting type (two of my least favorite types) Heracross is really cool
Stufful and Bewear: Stufful is a really cute red panda-like pokemon. Its cry and animations are adorable. Bewear is also cute and cool.
Pancham: An adorable panda pokemon that evolves into a cool combination of fighting/dark. I don't like its evolution's design quite as much, but its still a cool evolution.
Marshadow: Dunno know about its lore, but it seems both cute and cool.
Hisuian Decidueye: While I prefer regular Decidueye, this version of Decidueye is still very cool and I like its autumn-like colors a lot.
Blaziken: While I honestly think Blaziken is a bit overrated, it's still a cool fire chicken
Infernape: Easily the best fire monkey of the three, Infernape looks very cool.

Oooohhh... this is a tricky one. There isn't really a type I don't dislike. I suppose the closest one I can think of is a toss up between Rock/Ground? There are some cool Pokemon I like in this though:
  • Rockruff/Lycanroc - Adorable puppy and a cool werewolf, what's not to love?
  • Onix and Steelix - A massive rock snake? Check. Giant metal snake? Even more check.
  • Rhyhorn and Rhydon - Pretty cool designs without looking like actual rocks. Hate the look of Rhyperior though.
  • Hisuian Arcanine - Cool looking design in general.
  • Aron-Line - Again, just looking cool.
  • Sandslash - Love the spiky look.
  • Groudon - Legendary
  • Garchomp - Come on... it's Garchomp.
  • Zygarde - Legendary hex snake.

I think Rock is my least favorite. Just kinda boring and a bit redundant with Ground around. And a lot of Rock Pokemon I don't really care about. There's only so much you can do with stone based Pokemon.

However, if there's anything I do like when it comes to Rock type Pokemon, it's the Fossil mon. They're basically rock in name only and don't really follow the design trend of most other rock types, so you get a lot of fun designs out of em

The big two fossils I have to mention are Aurorus and and Tyrantrum, both easily in my top 30. Very majestic and badass designs. The notion that you had to choose between them is tough

Another big Rock type fav of mine is Regirock, easily my fav of the Regis, which I love all of the original 3 dearly. He's just a funny big guy, and of course has the funniest cry in anime history

My least favorite is probably fighting? Overall I just find majority of their designs pretty subpar and not my thing overall.

But I just love Mienshao and Hitmontop. The former is really cute and was an important part of my team in BW, and the latter is just a nice design in general, unlike most to me aha. Galarian Zapdos is also A+++ because cute chocobomon <3

Fire: Magcargo, Blacephalon, Centiskorch, Heatmor, and at a stretch, Chandelure.

Fighting: Falinks, Bewear, Grapploct, Crabominable

Dragon: Dragapult, Hydreigon, Tyrantrum, Guzzlord, Dracovish, Naganadel, Sliggoo, Dragonair; Dracozolt at a stretch
I feel like the staggering amount of Dragon types here is almost a foreshadowing as to how Dragon type pretty much stopped being a type that I state to dislike, if only because there's so many of them that I like now.

That being said, Fighting is now firmly in the number 1 spot with Fire being close behind.

Fighting type: Slither Wing, Annihilape, Falinks, Bewear, Grapploct, Buzzwole, Iron Valiant, Galarian Zapdos, Crabominable, Emboar, Iron Hands

Fire type: Chi-Yu, Blacephalon, Magcargo, Skeledirge, H-Typhlosion, Gouging Fire, Scovillain, Centiskorch, Heatmor, Volcarona

Back
Top Bottom