• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your favourite Pokémon of your least favourite type?

I don't exactly have a least favorite type, but one type that took very long to have designs that resonated with me is Fighting. I know that Normal is supposed to be the "plain and boring" type, but imo that description unintentionally fit the Fighting-type a lot more: from day 1 Normal had its share of very unusual designs and creatures such as computer programs, cute little cryptids, vaguely axolotl-like nurses, kangaroosaurus moms, and whatever the heck the Lickitung line's supposed to be. Fighting on the other hand for a very long time had virtually all of its designs being just some flavor of humanoid martial artist, meaning a lot of them were very samey. The first Fighting-type I truly liked and that remains on the tippy top of my favorites to this day was Breloom both because I found it cute and because it was just so strange for its type (though granted, being part Grass probably helped). Next was the Lucario line, which yeah, makes me sound like a huge hypocrite because it is essentially just a "humanoid martial artist" too, but what helped that one is that it's a dog and I am a huge sucker for dogs. But then Gen 5 is when Fighting designs were kicked into high gear: we got punk lizards that cleverly use their shed skin as makeshift clothes in the Scraggy line, elegant (a design descriptor not seen often in the Fighting-type, since most try extremely hard to be as macho as possible) Xiaolin mustelids in the Mienfoo line, and even a group of quadrupeds (a first for this type and something I honestly never thought would ever be done) in the Musketeers. Gen 8 also brought us other very fun concepts for Fighting-types like a shield wolf and a troop of adorable roman warriors.

TL; DR, Fighting started out incredibly restricted in its designs, but once it expanded its horizons into what the concept of the word "Fighting" means, it truly came into its own.

Don't have a "least" favorite Type, but Rock and Bug would be my least used. I'm fairly certain I didn't have a Rock-Type on my E4 team until Lycanroc in Sun, and didn't have a Bug-Type until Ribombee in Shield. I guess those 2 win by default.

Although not necessarily my least favorite type to use, I've found many Fighting types to just not resonate with me aesthetically. Lucario and more recently Zacian are the big exceptions to this rule. Unfortunately, one of them is a legendary, so I can't really use it much. =( (I also have Shield instead of Sword, so I've never had Zacian ='( )

Although not necessarily my least favorite type to use, I've found many Fighting types to just not resonate with me aesthetically. Lucario and more recently Zacian are the big exceptions to this rule. Unfortunately, one of them is a legendary, so I can't really use it much. =( (I also have Shield instead of Sword, so I've never had Zacian ='( )
Zacian is Fairy type. Zamazenta is Fighting.
Chupi says to get it right.

Least favourite type: Fairy
Favourite fairy type pokemon: Sylveon

Some honorable mentions: Primarina, Mawile, Gardevoir, Grimmsnarl and the Tapus family.

Not a huge fan of fairy types since their release. Fairy type pokemon are based on things I personally don't like. Visually they don't strike me as strong, also they are usually small and weird. Moreover their colors don't really please me either (lot of them are white and pink). Swirlix, Spritzee, Confey, Alcreamie, Clefairy, Rimbombee, etc, I just can't care about them. Most of them rely on magic and non physical attacks, and that's another red flag to me because I've always preferred physical attackers (I love fighting, rock, ground and steel types). Some may argue that psychic type pokemon also rely on magic (psychic power, mental power, etc) to attack and use ther powers, but their design look way cooler IMO. A pity they turned Snubull and Ralts into fairy types.

Hard question, I never really thought about which is my least liked type. Thinking now, I consider it's the normal type. And my favorite normal-type Pokémon is certainly Snorlax.

Last edited:
favourite rock type: armaldo
favourite ground type: excadrill

there's no particularly deep reason why they're both my least favourite types, but i've never really cared for them, much. it's less "dislike" and more "strongly neutral". from those two, armaldo and excadrill stand out to me as my favourites as i've used those two in teams and thoroughly found them fun to use. there are some other cool ground/rock types too like lycanroc, aerodactyl, and kabutops. on the ground end i also like gliscor, flygon, nidoking/queen, and a few others. but as for the type itself... meh.

I I had to pick, I'd say ghost type is my least favorite, though poison is my least favorite in any Gen 1 game. I came to like the poison type more when the fairy type was introduced, but I'll include it anyway.

Ghost: Shuppet. It's just a cute design and I've always liked it since I saw it in the anime the first time. Tis a shame I don't really like Banette as much. Mimikyu is also up there.
Poison: I guess Bulbasaur, though I care more about its grass typing than its poison. Special mentions go to Toxticitry, Scolipede which I have yet to use but like the design, and Toxicroak who I hope to try in the Sinnoh remakes for the first time.

Dragon is my least favorite type. It just doesn't really stand out to me much, personally. I think their designs usually can't find a good balance between way too complicated, or a little too simple... and I've never found them much fun to use in battle, either. I don't despise the Dragon type or anything, but it's easily the type I think about the least.

...That being said, I love Shelgon. The middle stage for the Bagon line could have very easily just gone the safe route of being "bigger Bagon" or "smaller Salamence", but the fact it goes through a cocoon stage (much like Pupitar) is very endearing. I have a fondness for most "cocoon" middle stages to begin with, and Shelgon ranks very high among them. Mainly due to the tiny legs on its bulky body, paired with its partially-hidden angry face. It's cute!
Spr_3r_372.png
Spr_4d_372.png

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom