• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Obsolete: Your Favourite Star Wars Film

Use the Force, Harry! (CHOOSE)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Revenge of the Boyega

Dancing With Myself
Reaction score
Choose you must, or lame you are.

To get BB8 rolling (geddit) I shall inspire you:
star-wars-wallpaper-4chan-favorites-cartoon.jpg

I added IX in case this thread survives that long. Optimism schism (y)

Episodes III, IV, V, VI, and VII are my picks. The original trilogy I picked cause my dad showed the movies to me when I was little and found them so cool, of the prequel trilogy III is my favorite cause of the fight between Obi-Wan and Anakin (though I do like I & II just not as much), and as for Force Awakens I just liked it so no specific reason why.

I love all the films, originals, prequels, sequels and spinoffs alike. But if I have to pick one favorite, it has to be The Phantom Menace. I can't put my finger on any one specific reason; it could just be my own nostalgia talking, as I largely grew up with the prequels. Nevertheless, I stand by my choice.

The Empire Strikes Back would be my pick for single favorite SW film - just like for the majority. But I really do consider Revenge of the Sith (the novelization more so), the whole Original Trilogy, and Rogue One to all be favorites of mine. My second favorite in particular would probably be Return of the Jedi, in all honesty, just because everything else about the Battle of Endor, especially the Throne Room scene, more than made up for the Ewoks in my mind.

Last edited:
The entire Original Trilogy is the most timeless. Phantom Menace would've been decent without Jar-Jar, I watched Last Jedi recently and thought It was OK.

I love the original trilogy and The Force Awakens. I haven't seen The Last Jedi yet, but from what people I actually trust say, it seems to be good.

I haven't seen The Last Jedi yet, but from what people I actually trust say, it seems to be good.

Yes! Finally! Someone who is open-minded!

I can't guarantee that you'll like it because it certainly variates from past films. In fact, you may walk in and wonder if you're in the right cinema like me. But the excitement, surprises and sizzling gypsies make it all come together and I think I can safely predict you'll have a good time if you have the mind to do so. It also packs more emotionality than past titles, or at least the themes are more relatable. Being 'lost' has carried over since the first films, certainly, but this is different. With past 'villains' you couldn't expressly identify with their plight. Unless it was Krennic from Rogue One - a savvy genius who got undermined by a tall bastard and then strangled. Albeit by a different bastard but its just as infuriating.

Its brilliant, and the trivia behind it is fascinating. Like a lot of the effects are physically done which always looks much better. Costumes! Extravagant sets! Conundrums! It all comes together like a Tchaikovsky symphony.

The Empire Strikes Back is my fave. It is one of the best Star Wars movies and I'm sure several people will agree with me.

phantom menace, screw prequels hate.

That's the mentality! (y) When the Star Wars community starts to crackle with hatred it leaves me sad and sick. And c'mon! Podracing! How could anyone loathe a flick with podracing in it? It shows a distinct lack of appreciation for the finer things in life.

(I'm surprised that there's not many SW fans around here...)

I had already seen the original trilogy but it was Phantom Menace that sparked my interest on it. I loved the Consular ship, Qui-Gon Jinn, the Droid army and the duel at the end.

Aside from this, I also enjoyed Rogue...despite having a cast of characters that were mainly human, I can still enjoy it.

Despite being an animated movie, I also liked the Clone Wars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom