• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your favourite unevolved Pokémon

Ponyta (Kanto and Galar)
Spheal
Zigzagoon (Hoenn)
Shinx
Litten
Dewott
Electabuzz
Magmar
Poipole
Gible
Dreepy

Eevee (though this one I like about as much as all its evolved forms except Jolteon, whom I rank much higher than the rest of its family in terms of personal favorites), Joltik, Archen, Salandit, Aron, Buizel, Riolu, and (if middle evolutions count) Bayleef and Quilava

Thinking about potential Starter choice in BD/SP and it came to mind that while Piplup is my favourite looking of the base forms, I despise its evolutions and it makes me glad that its in the wild for Legends so I can keep a Piplup for the cuteness whilst having a spare to evolve for the Dex then box.

There are ALOT of Pokemon with pre-evolutions I like more than their later or final evolutions. To name them all would be impossible. Glameow, Alolan Vulpix, Spheal, Wooloo, Blitzle, Zorua, Nickit, Deerling, and Galarian Zigzagoon are just a few of them.

Additionally, I prefer every base starter Pokemon to its final evolution (excluding Charmander, Cyndaquil, Treecko, and Snivy) Also, except for Quilladin, I like every middle stage starter from Gen 6-8 over its final evolution.

My favorite unevolved Pokemon are: Pichu, Pikachu, Gastly, Haunter, Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, Pidgeotto, Gible, Gabite, Treecko.

There may be more, but those are the ones I can think of atm.

i think zorua is one of the biggest ones that comes to mind for me, because i just... don't really care for zoroark. i dont mind it, but it's just... so much meh to me. :c

also i like rhydon > rhyperior. nothing against rhyperior, but rhydon is just aesthetically cooler to me.

Personally I'd never actually use them in a playthrough because it just sounds obnoxious to do, but I absolutely adore Buizel over Floatzel, and something about Slowpoke just gives it an energy that neither Slowbro or Slowking are able to replicate. And as much as I adore Lucario, Riolu is also a precious little bean that I love.

Also I'm not sure if the middle stages really count as "unevolved", but I like both Haunter and Dusclops considerably more than either Gengar or Dusknoir, because I am an absolute sucker for the floating hands aesthetic and giving their evolutions arms feels like a personal attack on me specifically.

I’m a rock-type fanatic, so for me, it would be Onyx. Yes, it’s a snake, and yes, it’s rough, but its appearance always seemed like there’s a big fuzzy heart under all that stone.

Steelix just looks like a machine. Or a snake oil salesman. I bet its hugs wouldn’t be as warm as Onyx’s either.

I prefer Clefairy with it’s little toof over Clefable. And at one point I was seeing quite a few teams with the former on it which was encouraging.

Other standouts to me are Pikachu and Pichu, Teddiursa (duh), Joltik, Flabebe, Raboot, Drizzile, and Yamper.

edit: Does Type: Null count? Barely…

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom