• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your first experience with pokerus

Dimension Witch

A space-manipulating girl
Reaction score
Sorry if someone already made this thread.

Anyway, basically in this thread you post you first experience with pokerus, your reaction, witch pokemon got it, etc.

Mine went like this:
One day i decided to check back on HG because i wanted to get a cyndaquil again, so i put my thysplosion on the day care, then i got the ditto out of the box and put it in the day care. After i got both of them out, I checked ditto`s status and it said it had pokerus, and i was all like :look:

I was fighting Team Rocket in Union Cave in SS. My Quilava was about to reach level 17 or something so I decided to go and knock out a wild Pokémon to make him level up. Found a Zubat, knocked it out, beat Proton, returned to the Pokémon Center and BAM Pokérus.
I was happy, though not really excessively happy, but I wrote the date down to remember it.

I haven't heard of Pokérus until I received a Lapras from a trade that has it. Looked it up on Bulbapedia, and now I know. Too bad I never encountered it myself in my games.

Edit: ...and months after this was posted, I encountered Pokérus in the wild in X, before I reached Victory Road. Wow.

Last edited:
First time I encountered it was on either my very first play of Platinum or my second one...My Golbat/Crobat Screch got Pokerus after randomly surfing around in Canalave City. I got so freaked out because I thought something bad was going to happen to my Pokemon, so I turned it off and haven't encountered it naturally since. xD.

My friend told me about this game and he tell me how we can play this game i like it very much and i download it in my PC. When i played it first time i really enjoyed.

I caught a Wingull near the beginning of the game, didn't have six guys in the party and the Wingull went into the last slot and had Pokerus. My team then get infected and it meant my Emerald team had very impressive stats as it was from the beginning of the game.

Alright, so it was like, 1:00 AM and I couldn't sleep. So I decided to evolve my last Eevee into Glaceon, which is the last eeveelution I haven't caught. So right after it evolved, I discovered that it caught Pokerus. Then I infected my whole team with it, Battled a little bit, and then I went to bed so that I wouldn't end up staying up till 3. The next day, my whole team lost Pokerus. Even though I wasn't able to do much with it, some of my Pokemon still have some pretty awesome speed stats (in my opinion), and I think that Pokerus might be the reason why they're all so fast.

I was playing Pearl, so I just defeated some random Onix in those mines by the first gym because I couldn't get away from it. Nurse Joy notes the Pokerus. I made sure to catch some random pokemon to put in in the PC so I can keep the Pokerus.

In Sapphire two months after release, I was around the Victory Road when I healed my team at the Pokemon Center near that entrance. The nurse told me about Pokerus and I was excited to get such an interesting thing attached to my Pokemon.

In Pearl a few days after release, I got Pokerus again after catching my Shinx near Sandgem. I didn't really need that again since I still had it in my 3rd gen games, haha. I'd go for a shiny Pokemon instead, you know. :p

I haven't had any experiences with it personally, though the Tornadus I got off the GTS apparently had it previously (the Pokemon Center nurse told me about it), and a Pidove I got in a trade actively has it.

N7Frost has reportedly encountered it personally ... twice.

I bred a Mudkip from my brother's Swampert in Ruby version to trade to my LeafGreen version so that I could transfer it to my Pearl version. When leveling it up on Pearl version I noticed that it had Pokérus and I now wish that I evolved it into a Marshtomp then a Swampert on LeafGreen first before I transferred it to Pearl version.

...I always knew about it since I read it in a G/S player's guide, but never had an incident with it until the beginning this year in Black. It was from a Snivy that belonged to a friend of my sister (I guess that's why he gave it to her)

Then in W2 I got one with Pokerus from the GTS. I have a box full of infected Pokemon somewhere.

A coil Magnemite named hart. Spread it to a Rogenrolla and BAM! Have it ever since. Haven't found it myself though.

The first time I heard of it was when I traded my friend for a (no-longer contagious) Gyarados in Pearl. He didn't know that it was infected.

I've gotten Pokerus three times now, which is strange now considering how rare it is in the games.

My first experience was in Diamond when training my PBR Pikachu. I didn't know how it worked, so all the Pokemon in my party got cured before I could spread it.

I encountered it again in Heartgold while EV training my Dragonair. Again I just let everyone get cured. It annoyed me a bit because I was in the middle of training and I thought it screwed up my EVs.

I got it once more in my second run of Platinum. From a Uxie too. The Nosepass that contracted it got boxed without knowing he would keep it, then I learned how valuable it is, so I conserved and spread it. Now I have Pokerus spread across three of my current games.

I was playing either Ruby or Sapphire and I was training in Route 17/Mauville City. (The only Pokemon I can say for sure were in my team at the time were Solrock and Seviper.) I remember looking at my team and noticing that they all had Pokerus (I had no idea what it was at the time) and being totally freaked out. So I went to the Poke Center in Mauville because I figured I could just heal them and whatever it was would go away. - Now, I've been playing Pokemon since Red/Blue/Yellow, so I have Nurse Joy's dialogue memorized and I always just click through it as fast as I can, cuz nobody got time for that shit. It wasn't until she was almost done talking that I realized she was telling me what Pokerus was and I was like "NO WAIT TELL ME AGAIN I WASN'T PAYING ATTENTION!!!!!" But when I spoke to her again right after, she was back to her old self. - It wasn't until years later that I learned what it actually was and that it's actually beneficial to your team hahaha I've never encountered it since :/

From a Pikachu in the Trophy Garden in Pearl. I was very happy when I found out. :D

Uh, my memory is a bit of a blur here. It was way back in the Original Gold. I left Goldenrod was it I believe, for the next town (which name I can't remember) and beat up an Oddish I think for some level up. Then for I think a look at my xp I switched to the Status of my Pokés and noticed a weird symbol. Didn't know what it was and rushed in the Pokécenter to heal it up. I skipped probably the dialog and checked the status again though it wasn't away. I went crazy and tried desperately to get rid of it, fearing about my Pokémons health. Even scrapped money together to buy a full heal I believe (though not sure about this, back then the items where location, instead of badge bound I think to remember) though it didn't go away. Unfortunately I saved before and resetting didn't any good though I didn't want to restart the game. So I continued playing and since it was a Pidge that had it I thought myself, if it is bad (yeah, back then I neither had Internet nor a Guide to learn about it) I just catch another one and train a bit. Later on I noticed it was gone and that my Poké earns more xp so I thought, "how nice" since then, never encountered it again.

My very first experience was in Gen 4. A Pokemon I got in a trade was infected.

But my first experience with it without trading was today. In Alpha Sapphire, I was getting more PC boxes and moving my Pokemon around. I saw my Camerupt had it, then my Mightyena, then my Swellow, and then my Aggron. I know one of them got it today because the last time I healed them at a Pokemon Center the nurse didn't say anything about it. Now I'm trying to figure out where I got it. It could've been New Mauville, Scorched Slab, Fiery Path, or Granite Cave to name a few likely places. I know it is very rare, and I should be more excited, but the mystery of where and which Pokemon got it first is too confounding. So I have 4 Pokemon with the virus, and I don't know when they're leaving the PC.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom