• Another exciting episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!

Your First Handheld

Insanish Danish

grass princess
Reaction score
My green Game Boy Color that I got for Christmas 1999. Such great memories I have of that thing.

You bet I still have it, although I haven't actually used it in forever.

Seto Kaiba

Screw the rules! I have money!
Reaction score
White Gameboy Advance including with Pokemon Crystal.

Baron Brixius

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
This little, horribly limited gaming device. :D

If you can't see the image, it's Game Boy Original.

spiderbrush

Reaction score
DS Lite. Mostly because I wasn't very interested in portable gaming until Okamiden was announced.=/

Continent Turtle

Turtles All The Way Down
Reaction score
My black Gameboy Advance SP. I finally got a portable gaming device. AND I COULD FINALLY PLAY POKÉMON!!!!

xoddf2

Back and Better than Ever
Reaction score
My first portable video game system was a teal Game Boy Color, obtained as a birthday present on 5 March 2000. I gave it to a classmate in 2003. The first game I got for it was Matchbox Caterpillar Construction Zone. The second was Pokémon Gold almost a year later, 3 March 2001.

I no longer still have that specific GBC or that specific copy of Matchbox Caterpillar Construction Zone, but I do have that same copy of Pokémon Gold, and I have even replaced its save battery.

Last edited:

Parma

:D
Reaction score
Purple Gameboy Color. I have no idea where it is now.

Kaustic

Seriously, I'm a guy.
Reaction score
I, too, first owned a purple GameBoy Color. I still have it, and it still works.

Trainer Gabriel

Reaction score
A clear purple Game Boy Color so that I could play Pokemon Blue.

Edit: If we're counting stand-alone handhelds, then my real first handheld was the Tiger Electronics Aladdin game. Lol.

Last edited:

SharKing

I won't bite... much.
Reaction score
A sky-blue GameBoy Color that I got on Christmas '98, along with Pokemon Red, Blue, and Pinball.

Goodbye Blue Monday

Aroma Lady Rose
Reaction score
My first handheld console was a see-through purple Game Boy Color, but I had some stand-alone handheld games before like an Animaniacs one. (God, I was such a '90s kid...)

My first Game Boy game was Pokemon Yellow.

Te-em

I want to rp!
Reaction score
Game & Watch, not sure which, maybe Donkey Kong. For some reason I did not have a Game Boy until GBC came out. None of my friends had it either, and I'd probably not seen a Game Boy, only heard the name, until I bought a GBC to play Pokemon games.

Kouzan

Silent in the trees.
Reaction score
My clear plastic purple Gameboy Color, which didn't last long cause I dropped it in the tub by accident. ;~; . Then it got replaced by my golden-yellow Gameboy Color that I still have today up and running.