• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your First Handheld

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had that see though GBC for free, my uncle found it in the street with a tire mark on it, it was in a clear case. Then it was for some reson painted red.

The Brick, and the Game Gear, AKA the BBSB. The Bigger, Battery Sucking Brick.

Seriously, the old Game Gear used 6 batteries which would be dead in just a few hours. I think the DS has better battery time.

But I started with Zelda: Link's Awakening, as has been usually customary with every console I get, with the exception of the GCN, I ALWAYS start with Zelda.

Man i had the original Game boy...fun times! i now use it as a paper weight

Mine was the Gameboy Color & the game was Pokemon Blue.

I believe it was... the Gameboy Color, either that or something I can't honestly remember, lol

I had a Gameboy Pocket that I got when I was very young for Christmas with a Looney Toons game where you play as Bugs Bunny or something.

I was heart broken when it wouldn't turn on anymore.

Game Boy Color, a "pink" one.

I played Pokemon Blue on it more than ten years ago.

The purple normal GBA for Christmas... Then I got an SP the following Christmas and I had to give my first GBA up.

My black DS Lite. But the first portable game I had as a kid was my Pacman watch. XD

Nelsonic-PacManButtons.jpg

A white Gameboy Advance. I think it's still around here somewhere...

A Gameboy Color that's either purple or blue. I really can't tell.

A Red Gameboy Advance SP that was dropped in the toilet by my little brother 6 or 7 years ago...

My first handheld was probably this stand-alone handheld (only 1 game, not changeable)... it was an old shooter game similar to an extemely simplified version of Space Invaders (the gameplay was entirely different, but it was in that genre).
The game was cool, rather than being an LCD with a white screen with black graphics (as most stand-alone handhelds were, for example, BlindTyldak's Pac-Man watch), the game was on a black screen with red graphics which lit up (as it was an LED... so the game could even be played in the dark).

My first handheld with changable games was some sort of trivia thing, where different questions were stored on different cartridges.

My first handheld console was the GameBoy Color.

My first handheld was a pink Gameboy Color. It was the first video game system that was my own, so I still love it very much. I played it all the time, and had the little light accessory thing that lets you see the screen in the dark.

Good times, good times...

A yellow GameBoy Color.

I had three games for it: Pokemon Silver, Pokemon Gold, and Pokemon Yellow.

I don't have it any more. :(

My blue GameBoy Advance. Memories of Superstar Saga and the Minish Cap and Pokemon Emerald.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom