• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your First Handheld

Status
Not open for further replies.
My green Game Boy Color that I got for Christmas 1999. Such great memories I have of that thing.

You bet I still have it, although I haven't actually used it in forever.

White Gameboy Advance including with Pokemon Crystal.

This little, horribly limited gaming device. :D

scaled.php

If you can't see the image, it's Game Boy Original.

DS Lite. Mostly because I wasn't very interested in portable gaming until Okamiden was announced.=/

My black Gameboy Advance SP. I finally got a portable gaming device. AND I COULD FINALLY PLAY POKÉMON!!!!

My first portable video game system was a teal Game Boy Color, obtained as a birthday present on 5 March 2000. I gave it to a classmate in 2003. The first game I got for it was Matchbox Caterpillar Construction Zone. The second was Pokémon Gold almost a year later, 3 March 2001.

I no longer still have that specific GBC or that specific copy of Matchbox Caterpillar Construction Zone, but I do have that same copy of Pokémon Gold, and I have even replaced its save battery.

Last edited:
Purple Gameboy Color. I have no idea where it is now.

I, too, first owned a purple GameBoy Color. I still have it, and it still works.

A clear purple Game Boy Color so that I could play Pokemon Blue.

Edit: If we're counting stand-alone handhelds, then my real first handheld was the Tiger Electronics Aladdin game. Lol.

Last edited:
A sky-blue GameBoy Color that I got on Christmas '98, along with Pokemon Red, Blue, and Pinball.

My first handheld console was a see-through purple Game Boy Color, but I had some stand-alone handheld games before like an Animaniacs one. (God, I was such a '90s kid...)

My first Game Boy game was Pokemon Yellow.

Game & Watch, not sure which, maybe Donkey Kong. For some reason I did not have a Game Boy until GBC came out. None of my friends had it either, and I'd probably not seen a Game Boy, only heard the name, until I bought a GBC to play Pokemon games.

My clear plastic purple Gameboy Color, which didn't last long cause I dropped it in the tub by accident. ;~; . Then it got replaced by my golden-yellow Gameboy Color that I still have today up and running.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom