• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your First Level 100 Pokemon

Nidoking in Yellow. For no real reason once I beat the game and was using Nido still, I just kept going back and thrashed the E4 with it over and over again, and eventually it just got up there to level 100

Typhlosion in heart gold. After that, no fire type was ever the same compared to it, even with reshiram it is awesome.

My very first was a Kadabra in Blue. Caught it as an Abra at level 8, then put it in Day-Care until it was level 14. Then, as I played through Blue, I leveled it up like crazy, even destroying the Pokemon League many times.

I was hoping Kadabra would evolve to Alakazam by level (very early days of my fandom), but naturally, it didn't. However, that's how I learned of the level 100 cap.

I beat Gary with Kadabra alone the first time, and it was around level 70. That pretty much proves how broken the Psychic type was in the early games.

Same here. Kadabra was my first level 100 Pokémon. I was obsessed with Kadabra at that time. I watched the anime episode in which Sabrina and Kadabra appear, and I just had to catch a Kadabra after that. I caught one near Lavender Town, and I trained it over and over again. I was positive that Kadabra would evolve into Alakazam, eventually.

well my first pokemon game was silver um...

i got a nidoking to 100 lol :D took me forever because i was trying to raise everyone in my party to 100 so i just kept beating the e4 for money and he hit 100 then like 2-3 levels later everyone else did!

sad part of this is i have been playing since gold and silver came out but the first lvl 100 i got was an Espeon on Heartgold. it is my only one, still have it, got it legitly, although the worst part is i shoved the happiness berries into it when it was a low level, not the best idea

I still remember it clearly, back when I was little it was my charizard who level up to lv.100 in Indigo Plateau, Pokemon Red. What a nostalgia. n_n

It was my Pikachu on Pocket Monsters Green. Such memories...

I remember playing it again in English so I could see the congratulations and such. :3

In my whole 8 years of playing Pokemon, collecting most Pokemon games, I only leveled up my first level 100 pokemon last month. This Pokemon was a Hasty Archeops, then my Adamant Samurott came next, then Volcarona, then Leavanny, then Dusclops, then my favorite...Bastiodon !!!

my own "legal" 100 was Venusaur in LeafGreen
all my other ones were leveled up faster with AR or just put in at level 100

MyTyphlosion in Gold version.. she was the first ever Pokemon. I knew I had probably lost her for a while now, but only got up the nerve to look about a week ago. Seeing "New Game" come up as my only option broke my heart. So later that day I finally picked up HeartGold, and I already have a Typhlosion which I know I will train all the way to Level 100! :)

My awesome Pikachu from pokemon fire red.I trained it up to lv100.It is awesome.Refuse to evolve it to a raichu

Technically, my first was Feraligatr, but my friend trained the last 15 levels or so for me. The real one that I trained by myself was my Sweetkiss in FireRed, Jynx. Could outspeed Rayquaza and K.O with Ice beam. :p

My first level 100 Pokemon is Feraligatr, in HeartGold.
I just had Gym Leader Rematches for a lot of times (I think it was a lot), found some Rare Candies using the Dowsing MCHN, and done!

I've rarely used Rare candies to level up my Pokes since all the way back in 2003, when I did so to get my Groudon and Rayquaza up there. Recently though, I used 4 or so to get Manaphy to 100 on Diamond. And since the Kyogre I trained with the Groudon and Rayquaza got boosted experience, it was probably my first level 100 Pokemon. Took a while to get there in a game with shitty E4 levels and no Gym rematches, though.

My very first Pokémon game, Ruby, I had a Swampert that I named Mrre7- I was really bad a spelling. Anyway, I used every single rare candy I got on that thing, got it to level 100 before the Elite Four, and swamped them. No pun intended.
I loved that Swampert. Unfortunately, she got lost in my mess of games and was probably written over.
R.I.P.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom