• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!

Your first M-rated game

jackatlasred

All about me
Reaction score
Oh crap I forgot cause I was so young but I just remembered.

I played nightmare creatures when I was 3 years old. Had nightmares for the following years the images wouldn't leave me. Well that's the real one sorry if I disappointed anyone.

Reaction score
Sometime after christmas 2014, i bought my first 2 M-rated games, Bayonetta 1 and 2 for the Wii U. If it was 2014-ish, i was 18 at the time, so at the right age.

I loved the games, loved the title character, voted for her in Smash, and now she's my icon. :D:D:D

al_the_bard

Gloomstalker
Reaction score
Mortal Kombat! Many of my friends were saying "it's blood, violence, guts and my mom won't let me play it." I told my parents about it and my stepdad rented the Sega version. He says "Al, what's the blood code, I know you know it."

cityvillain

Minion of the Damned
Reaction score
It was probably Vandal Hearts for the PS1. It was 1997 so I was 13 when I first played it. Good old 90s ♥

ReturnofMCH

One Who Rebels Against Authority
Reaction score
It was probably Vandal Hearts for the PS1. It was 1997 so I was 13 when I first played it. Good old 90s ♥
ah yes, vandal hearts
loved that game once my mom okayed it and I remember seeing my cousin play it nonstop.

Otter Mii-kun

Reaction score
I've never played any "Rated M for Mature" game in my life, and I don't intend on doing so anytime soon. I don't believe that having excessive swearing, violence, blood and gore is what makes any video game great (and no, don't try to talk me into playing certain popular M-rated franchises because "everybody else is playing them.)

InfiniteBakuphoon

Impressionist Bakuphoon
Reaction score
Ah, M-rated games... the type of games that my parents never allowed me to even touch when I was a kid, let alone actually play. Perhaps partially because of that, I never really had a desire to play any M-rated games until I was much older, unlike some of my classmates who happily proclaimed ownership of the likes of Call of Duty and Grand Theft Auto (yeesh).

That said, the first M-rated game I actually played was Halo when I was about 15-16 years old. I felt pretty naughty playing it, even though - for the most part - the actual level of violence wasn't that much worse than a lot of T-rated games. It wasn't until I bought my first M-rated game - Metal Gear Solid, about three years later - that I learned what a real M-rated game was like.

henrymidfields

Prime Minister of Shoyo 昇陽国内閣総理大臣
Reaction score
I played GTA when I was in high school. It was fun for the first several months I played, but now it fails to appeal to me.

Zkat

Reaction score
I think the only M-rated game I've played is Shin Megami Tensei 4, and I got it earlier this year (I was 18 and now I'm 19). It was on sale and it looked interesting. So far I haven't noticed anything that bad in it.

winstein

Mari-yo Puyo
Reaction score
At first I thought Chrono Cross was M-rated, but it was T-rated, so that doesn't count.

However, what counts is Bayonetta 2, which is in fact an M-rated title. Oh, and there's SMT IV, but I haven't gotten far yet.

Thanks for reading.

Fatima Shadow Frost Witch

Reaction score
Original Wolfenstein and later Doom(back when there wasn't any age rating keeping younger players from enjoying it)was mine

leaf-green

Reaction score
I think I was 7 or 8 and my sister and I unlocked the Lost Treasures of Shao Khan on Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 and we always chose Supreme Demonstration. The Babalities in that one were the only thing that creeped me out otherwise I thought those Fatalities were so cool haha

indigohex

Post By The Mad Man
Reaction score
Here in Australia, the equivalent of M would be MA15+ (note that we do have a M rating in Australia, but it is equivalent to a T rating in the US). I think the first MA15+ game I played might have been Grand Theft Auto III (I was over 15 at the time), but I don't remember which game though. I haven't played a R18+ game though (which was only introduced in 2013).

Last edited:

Doctor Celebi

Aimless traveler in time.
Reaction score
Metal Gear Solid 3 when I was either 11 or 12, and it is still one of my favorite video games of all time.

glow

Reaction score
Parasite Eve. It's probably quaint in comparison to stuff nowadays.