• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your first Pokemon game?

First Pokemon game played?

• Red/Blue/Yellow

Votes: 43 41.7%
  • Silver/Gold/Diamond

Votes: 23 22.3%
  • Sapphire/Ruby/Emerald

Votes: 20 19.4%
  • Diamond and Pearl

Votes: 14 13.6%
  • Black and white

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Current gen

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
I already knew of Pokémon before I got one of the games. I should add that my first Pokémon game is a spin-off. It's either Pokémon Colosseum or Pokémon Channel. [size=-7]I don't remember much.[/size]
My first game in the main series was...Pokémon FireRed or was it Platinum. I don't remember much. But I know I got these games at the same time period.

Red (well, Rouge in my native French :D ), waaaay back I do not remember when though.. either late 1999 or early 2000 (Gen I came out in France in late '99.... took time to translate I guess :) ).

Since then been playing every gen, one after the other, Ive owned nearly all the core series games over the years, only a handful are missing...., and I watched the anime way back then too, then dropped it and starter again in 2010, before giving up on BW series and restarting for the sake of XY :D

But man.... those games I remember all the stupid rumours at the time, about Mew, getting Mewtwo in one "go" without a master ball, and the infamous 'truck' :D

Gold was the first Pokemon game I got.
I actually became a Pokemon fan in Gen 1 because of the anime, but I didn't have any video game systems at the time.

Crystal, when I was five. I got so many shiny pokemon in that copy, I thought they were a common variety of the normal ones.

I started with Pokémon Red, back in 1999, but between kid-me finding it too frustrating, accidentally killing Moltres, and being more a fan of the anime (oh how times have changed), I didn't love it too much.

Crystal Version was my 1st Pokemon game that I got. I played it on the GBA and was originally my brother's. Unfortunately, he couldn't beat Chuck. After some attempts to beat him, my cousin gave the game a try. She started a new save and didn't really play much then. After 8 years, I was gifted the GBA from my brother and took the position of playing Pokemon Crystal. The only gym leader I had problems with was Bugsy and then, after beating Whitney in Goldenrod, more problems came into play:
-I didn't know how to challenge the Sudowoodo.
-I got Surf in Olivine City and didn't know where to find a surfable Pokemon(the only surfable Pokemon you can find in Olivine is Shellder)
After getting to Cianwood, I battle Chuck and, surprise surprise, I beat him. Then came the Team Rocket events and the Dragon Challenge and the looking for Waterfall HM in the Ice Cave and whatnot. I then proceeded to the Indigo Plateu where I encountered the Elite Four, Koga being one of the "pain in the butt" Elite Fours. I then beat Lance and went on to Kanto where I had trouble looking for the Machine Part. After searching, I literally had to go on the computer and look for clues. Once that was done, I took a ride on the Magnet Train(after getting the Rail Pass from Copycat) and enjoyed the ride. Moving on, I encountered the rest of the Kanto gyms. Once I got all the badges, I went to Mt.Silver and beat Red, once and for all.
After that, I was devoted to answering Beuna's Passwords, which was pretty fun to say the least.

Pokemon Leafgreen, ahhh, the memories of not knowing about stats and status problems benefits and getting frustrated at Sabrina because I was basically a Bulbasaur solo runner.

Yellow in 2001, 7th grade, because my best friend had it and kept showing it to me. It made me want it, I'd already had a pidgey nickname picked out (and I'd never heard of red or blue) so I asked my mom for it after I left her house one day and she got it and the Gameboy color for me because I hadn't priorly owned a Gameboy.

Sapphire was my first. Parents got it for me. I was 6 at the time :) Started out with Mudkip, my first Pokemon ever of my own. Love it so much. Memories :')

I saw the anime first, but Pokemon Yellow was my first ever game, and I completed it some years ago. I got it for my seventh birthday, along with my first console, a lime green GameBoy Color, which is now broken beyond repair.

Crystal was my first. Granted, I barely had any idea what I was doing at the time, but then I got Sapphire and really started to git gud.

Pokemon Silver. Then I interrupted Silver as I got Blue. Played Blue, and then continued Silver.

My first was Red, started with Bulbausaur, and that was that I guess. After that I got Yellow and was over the moon that I could have Squirtle, Bulbasaur and Charmander on my team just like Ash in the animé lol.

Pokemon Yellow the special Pikachu Edition! Love the fact you could get Pikachu, charmander, bulbasaur and squirtle all near the start, although i hated it when my Charmander Evolved :(

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom