• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your first Pokemon game?

First Pokemon game played?

• Red/Blue/Yellow

Votes: 43 41.7%
  • Silver/Gold/Diamond

Votes: 23 22.3%
  • Sapphire/Ruby/Emerald

Votes: 20 19.4%
  • Diamond and Pearl

Votes: 14 13.6%
  • Black and white

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Current gen

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
I started on Pokemon Gold. Didn't play Blue until generation V. And honestly maybe it's better that I started a gen l8, GSC's way better than RBY.

the first game I played was Pokemon Blue, but it wasn't mine. It belonged to my sister, she only let me train his pokemon XD
My first game was Pokemon Silver ^^

Pokemon Ruby was my first game. I no longer own it or the other GBA games anymore since I have moved on to the 3DS.

The first game I played was my friend Max's Pokemon Red. The first one I owned was actually Pokemon Yellow, which I got for Christmas in eighth grade. I still have the cartridge.

Pokemon Yellow, the special edition. So many memories. I still have it too!

I still remember my misguided frustration getting Bulbasaur-I would keep exiting and entering the house, hoping the lady would give it to me. x__X

Blue - Got that around June 2000 (my brother got Red). I got Red for myself later on then Yellow for Xmas 2001(?).

Purchased Silver very soon after its release (my brother got gold, which I later stole hehe). I bought Crystal on eBay in 2006/7-ish.

I still have these 6 - just looked back through them and my Level 100 Mew is still on Red :D

I totally stopped until I saw Argos selling White and Black for £22.99 combined in March this year, got White 2 a few weeks later, then X and Y from Tesco when they were on sale during the summer :D

I really regret not getting any generation III and IV games, but they were released when I was in college/uni and was not at all into gaming. I still sometimes look around in GAME or CeX to see if they have any copies, but they are really over priced (seriously: £38 for a pre-owned copy of AS/OR when Tesco are selling them brand new at £28 - WTF?!)

I started playing pokemon with Firered version, back then when I was 14. I didnt play it on handheld, but using the gba emulator.( I cant find any Gba console on any stores )

None of the above. My first exposure to Pokemon came in the form of PMD: Red Rescue Team. My friends had gotten me into Pokemon, but I didn't know about the distinction between the main series and spinoffs yet. Imagine my surprise when the game I was playing was nothing like the ones they were talking about!

My first main game was Leafgreen, and Emerald soon after that.

Pokemon Blue on emulator. Quickly abandoned that cause I couldn't trade Pokemon between ROMs and my OCD demands that I literally catch them all. So I got a few games, and started with LeafGreen. First one I finished was SoulSilver though (voted for Silver on the poll since SS wasn't on there)

I played Red and Blue, but never owned them. I just kinda messed around on other people's files and killed their legendaries and started my own files multiple times.

But, at the age of 7 or 8, I finally OWNED silver. And that was the first one I finished. So I consider that my first game

I first played FireRed online in a computer because of a friend that showed it to me like almost 3 years ago. Then I played it as a ROM on an emulator because I couldn't buy a GBA and I only play in emulators now that I can't buy a 3DS much less older consoles

The TCG was where I officially made my start, but in terms of the games themselves... I guess technically my cousin's copy of Red Version was the first I officially played, but the first one I actually owned was Yellow Version. The anime's influence was just too strong, I guess. Well, that and I couldn't bring myself to play a game with upside-down Koffing!

Blue version! I started with Bulbasaur (as the included manual suggested things would be easier with him).

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom