• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your first Pokemon game?

First Pokemon game played?

• Red/Blue/Yellow

Votes: 43 41.7%
  • Silver/Gold/Diamond

Votes: 23 22.3%
  • Sapphire/Ruby/Emerald

Votes: 20 19.4%
  • Diamond and Pearl

Votes: 14 13.6%
  • Black and white

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Current gen

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
I grew up watching the show since the Kanto era, followed through with Johto, gave up on it when Hoenn came along and wasn't a fan of all the new pokemon from that generation (and still aren't, sorry ORAS I feel nothing)

With the games though, I can't say I started until really 4th gen. I did occasionally pick up my brother's LeafGreen but had no idea how to play the game

It wasn't until Diamond when I saved my quarters, nagged my parents to the store to get the game, and understood how to play the game (I didn't even want Diamond, I wanted Pearl but was yelled at by my dad for wanting the "pink" game...)

Even then though I was only good on what type is good over another, once Black & White came out I understood the meta-game...

Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness on the GameCube. Which is still my favorite Pokémon game.

Then after that was Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team which I bought concurrently with buying a DS Lite.

And the first main series game I played was Diamond.

My answer is kinda full of technicalities. The first Pokémon game I played was Blue, and only for a few weeks. It left no mark on my life, I did not gel with it, and afterwards I just moved on with other things.

Way, way later, I learned about something called "Pokémon Mystery Dungeon". The name intrigued me so I got Blue Rescue Team on my DS. This was my entryway back into the wider Pokémon fanbase and I would end up getting Diamond soon after.

Although Blue was technically the first main Pokémon game I ever placed, it was never the one that got me into the main Pokémon series. Diamond was the one that truly caught me and I consider that my true main start. And even then, I call myself a Pokémon Mystery Dungeon fan first; I would genuinely not be here without those spinoff games.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom