• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your first Pokemon game?

First Pokemon game played?

• Red/Blue/Yellow

Votes: 43 41.7%
  • Silver/Gold/Diamond

Votes: 23 22.3%
  • Sapphire/Ruby/Emerald

Votes: 20 19.4%
  • Diamond and Pearl

Votes: 14 13.6%
  • Black and white

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Current gen

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
Mine is kind of weird. Pokémon Stadium was the first Pokémon game I ever played, but the first handheld Pokémon game I ever played was a copy of Emerald a relative of mine borrowed. First I ever owned was FireRed, which I believe I got for Christmas months later.

Legend has it that the Charizard I had back then still resides in my brother's Black 2 cart to this day. :p

EDIT: I can officially confirm that this rumor is, in fact, true.

EDIT 2: This Charizard now resides on my OR cart. Welcome home, old friend.

Last edited:
Platinum, but my brother finished it instead of me. So the first game I finished? SoulSilver. I can't play them both now (Platinum, broken) (SoulSilver, incompatible now in my DSi and 3DS). *sigh* I wish I can play SoulSilver now, so I can transfer my Pokémon to my White 2.

My first Pokemon game was technically Yellow. Problem was that I didn't have the patience at that time to fully appreciate it and got frustrated with having Pikachu and couldn't get past the first gym. My first Pokemon game that I actually played all the way thru was Silver and I loved every minute of it! Kind of wish I could go back and tell my younger self to catch a Mankey or something....prolly would have been a lot happier lol

My first game was actually Heartgold.
My first game was a remake, sort of odd in a way.

Pokemon Ruby was the first game of the franchise that I played though sadly I had to give it away since I own a 3DS years later. Replace it with remakes though.

Blue. Loved every minute of it. A guy down the road from me had it for a few months beforehand, and we used to tag-team it together. Then I got it for my tenth birthday in 1998. I played the hell out of it that night.

The show introduced me.....I grew up with the first season....I cried when Ash released Butterfree

I first played Red on PC around 2002. Then later Blue, Yellow, Silver, Gold and Crystal as well. The very first that I legitimately owned was Emerald when I bought a Gameboy Advance SP.

Blue way back when (working it out I'd placed it about 1999). My parents bought my sister Red and myself Blue, but my sister ended up never playing it so she gave it to me so I ended up with both :3

My first was Pearl. I borrowed it from a family member after reading the manga.

First three games were Ruby in early 2004 (my friends had FR/LG guides at the time), then I got LeafGreen in 2005 after Emerald came out (I debated getting Emerald since it was new but even my 8 year old self put 2+2 together and realized it would be a lot like Ruby). Then in 2006 I got Emerald finally. From there it took off, my cousin, who was around 20 at the time, gave me all his Gen 1, 2, and 3 games, I had every game ever made at that point, got a DS from my grandpa along with Diamond, got Platinum, SoulSilver, Pearl, you name it, I have every game now except Gen 2 because they all died, I lost Red and Blue and only have Yellow left from Gen 1.

The first Pokemon game that I ever played was FireRed, which I got around Christmastime. However, I was 8 years old and had no idea what I was doing, and I got stuck at Rival 2 (Nugget Bridge Rival, I don't count that starter+pidgey fight). At the time, I was more into the cards than anything else. I used to have a lot of fun trading them with the few friends I had at that age. About six months later, however, I got both Pokemon Emerald and Red Rescue Team for my 9th birthday. Those were the games that moved my main interest from the cards to the games. Shortly after, I bought LeafGreen, a stupid waste of money; I could have just restarted FireRed, but either I didn't know I could, or just got scared. I got a DS for Christmas the next year, complete with both Diamond and Pearl versions, and the rest was history. To this day I believe I have every Pokemon game (released in the US since), save for PokePark 2, the original Rumble, and the Trozei! games.

Crystal version, I believe I had bought it in either 2003 or 2004. No longer in my possession, I gave it to one of my brother's friends.

My first 2 pokemon games were Fire red and Saphire and currently i'm playing ORAS and XY and pokemon generations

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom