• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your first shiny. How? when? where?

The first I got was the red Gyrados, but I've gotten a few through breeding in sapphire

Besides the shining Pokemon in Silver that everyone has, my first shining Pokemon was that Electrike on the route south of Mauville. Unfortunately, it has an Adamant nature, which only assists it in contests. ._.

My Shiny Pokemon

I caught a shiny rattata in silve rnad my friend gave me his shiny ponyta and in firered I have a shiny purple quaqqsire

Gyarados (duh), Caterpie (Bug Catching Contest, I got 3rd place), Koffing (Looking for Weezing).

Mine was a gold magikarp, but I had a shiny green Lileep before that. The gold magikarp my bro always says is his because HE caught it but it was on MY firered.. He has a red gyarados because of G/S/C but he doesn't have a REAL shiny like I do :p

red gyarados

how do i catch one in crystil do i fish for it at lake rage or sruf for it

Red Gyarados

I dont know how to catch it in crysatl version i now i have to go to lake rage but do i sruf for it or fish for it some1 plz tell me how and thanks for ur help

My first, and only shiny, was a trapinch I caught in emerald. It's just three levels shy of being a shiny flygon at the moment. ^^

My first one I got was from GameStop when I did the Berry Glitch Fix...In that process they give you a Shiny Zigzagoon.

And, just recently on April 8th, I was EV training my Marowak when I came across a Shiny Wingull. Caught it and was excited as hell. Showed my friend when I went to his house on that Monday and all he could say is "You're a Dick." He said that because he found a shiny Girafarig in the Safari Zone and it ran from him. :p

Dave

Other than the given shiny in G/S/C, I now have 16 shinies, including Mewtwo, Espeon, Torkoal, Groudon, Rayquasa, Lombre, Poliwag, Poochyena, Numel, Kyogre (2 of them), Marill, Kingdra, Tentacruel, Whismur, and Sandslash. I really love the green Espeon, and am very happy with the others as well (Kyogre, Groudon, and Mewtwo). I'm looking for a shiny Bagon now, then I'll try for a Beldum. When the Nintendo pokemon event comes to NY, I'll see if they just give a Celebi or if they give a ticket to find it. If they give a ticket, I'll go shiny hunting for Celebi. If anyone has a shiny Latios or Latias they want to trade and they live near New York City or near Washington DC/ Maryland, let me know...

Dave

Thanks for the info about Celebi from JAA.

About 4 hours after I posted my reply, I got a shiny Lapras from FireRed (EXTREMELY good luck, since I had just gotten a shiny Mewtwo off of the same game!). The Lapras isn't very remarkable on the GBA, but looks really cool on XD. I also evolved the shiny Numel on XD - it is a great brick red as a Camerupt on XD, instead of dark grey as on the GBA.

I suppose Shining Gyrados, but if you mean one that I actually found by dumb luck MYSELF, then it'd be a shining Heigani (corphish) that I found in my Emerald game while fishing.

I thought the pink color was rather cute on it, and I couldn't pass up an opportunity to catch a shining Pokemon in the least.

I eventually evolved it into a Crawdaunt, and I have dubbed it the name "rosada" (pink in Spanish, plus, it's also female, so it fits rather well).

The first shining pokemon I caught was the red Gyarados. But enough about that. The only other shining pokemon I caught was in the Ruby version: A shining Oddish. Then, I evolved it into a shining Gloom. The rest, sadly, is history.

I know how to get a shining zigzagon if you want one you have to have a sonic or costem robo game for game cube which there free if you call the nintindo people. if you have one then you trade something to your pokemon ruby or sapphire game.ps does any one no how to get a shining groudon.

My first non-Gyarados Shiny was a Metapod on Gold. But now I can't find it anymore in the Box. ;_; That's about the only Shiny I've encountered in the wild.

my first one i found was in a tree, i was looking for a heracross and found a shiny sperrow.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom