• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your first shiny. How? when? where?

Shiny Geodude in Oreburgh Mine, just ran into it randomly. When it evolved my mum said it looked like a pile of turd. XD

:lol: i named my shiny graveler Meatwad but i may just rename it PileOfTurd now

& if i had a pound for every "MY FIRST ENCOUNTER WAS SHINY BUT I HAD NO BALLZ!!" story i've heard i'd be a rich man...

A shiny Wurmple in Hoenn Route 102, I guess it was a stroke of luck. I had restarted my Sapphire again for the third time, and then the little critter showed up. It evolved into a shiny Cascoon Probably around 2005..? But then I lost it when I restarted Sapphire once more, and that was before I even knew how valuable the shiny Pokemon are...

I was 12 and never heard of the Internet!

Mine was a female shiny Tentacool on that water route east of Mauville in Ruby. Its now a Tentacruel on my current game. Whats lame is I have over 500 hours on my Pearl, and I haven't seen one in that entire game. I do have that Gyrados from Soul Silver and an event shiny Pichu.

Mine was a female shiny Tentacool on that water route east of Mauville in Ruby. Its now a Tentacruel on my current game. Whats lame is I have over 500 hours on my Pearl, and I haven't seen one in that entire game. I do have that Gyrados from Soul Silver and an event shiny Pichu.
Lol, I have the exact same Tentacool, too, though I just cloned it without evolving it. I obviously have, like, 8 copies of it, but I should be palparking it soon, as I might need it and my Emerald is a bit glitchy. Met it right between Pacifidlog and Ever Grande, caught it when I was trying to see if I could see Mirage Island, lol.

But if it's the first one I actually met, shiny Floatzel on the way to Volkner's city. I reset because I felt I took too long beating Volkner thanks to the stupid puzzle over there, and met it just by the berries, but my fagtastic Infernape had to kill it when I was trying to get it to the red. I raged. Hard.

I was replaying yet again as Leaf on LG. I was messing around on Route 2, and then I saw a shiny pidgy. I turned off the game and said "Why can't a shiny pidgy appear on my main profile?!"

Shiny Gyarados.

If you won't count that, then I'm going to say a shiny Paras. Found in the Safari Zone while on a bus. I kinda made some gasping noise that caused people to stare. Then I got lucky and caught it. So yeah.

Is it abnormal that I'm up to Red in Heartgold and at the Elite Four in Diamond and I've never seen a shiny in the wild? (Obviously discounting red Gyarados. It doesn't count.)

Admittedly I haven't looked for them, but still, never seen one come up.

Is it abnormal that I'm up to Red in Heartgold and at the Elite Four in Diamond and I've never seen a shiny in the wild? (Obviously discounting red Gyarados. It doesn't count.)

Admittedly I haven't looked for them, but still, never seen one come up.

I've played through about 80 hours in Emerald (Damn you, shitty little Battle Frontier and no replay value...), over 100 in FR, and over 45 in Gold without seeing a shiny until my Tentacool. It's all about luck, so you might lack it.

Granted, I did see that Floatzel I mentioned on my 15th hour I think, but I didn't (well, couldn't) catch that, so...

I think my first shiny was indeed the red Gyarados, but since that doesn't count, the first one was a Butterfree in Gold. Ironically, it appeared when I headbutted a tree at the Lake of Rage.

I encountered two more shinies in the same game of Gold. And those were two Noctowl. In a row. Just like that.

Besides these, I have yet to encounter another shiny.

My first shiny was Lake of Rage Gyarados in Silver. My second captured shiny ever was a Krabby in Silver (I found it in Cianwood by Rock Smashing rocks to look for a Shuckle). My first shiny after Gyarados was a Rattata in Silver, but I didn't have any PokeBalls with me to capture it ;_;

I encountered two more shinies in the same game of Gold. And those were two Noctowl. In a row. Just like that.
God damn, that's lucky. I remember spending forever trying to Headbutt for a shiny Noctowl (have 72 hours on my SoulSilver thanks to it), and just got so fed up that I settled for a normal one instead, which is now a 75-er, but still lacking.

I really should transfer my Tentacools soon...

My first "seen" shiny was a Starly, in the Safari Zone in Diamond. I was looking for a Carnivine when this dude appeared, but it ran away. Even if I did find what I wanted, I was still kinda pissed.

Time after, in Platinum, after succeeding in the Distortion World and catching Giratina, I went to Lake Acuity to register Uxie in my Pokedex. As soon as I surfed into it, BAM. Shiny Psyduck. Also caught him succesfully.
Finally, in SoulSilver, my first shiny was a Tentacool. I was about to lose him because I only had 3 Ultra Balls, but the last one made him stay.

But my most lucky game for shinies was Platinum, definitely. *shrugs*

I saw a shiny girafig in my cousins saphire while looking for a wobuffet in the safari zone. I was barely looking and ran away just before noticing it was shiny-_-

But then I discovered chaining and now I've got loads of shinies!

The first shiny I saw/caught was red gyarados back in the original Silver. Other than that, my awesome friend gave me a bunch of shinies... I think the first was a shiny sandshrew. :3

The first Pokémon I ever caught in Pearl was a shiny Shinx. At first I thought I was hallucinating, no way I found a shiny that quick. The second shiny I found was a Golbat in Mt. Coronet on my brother's Diamond game. My brother was stuck so he asked me to get him through it, and he was pissed when he found out I caught TWO shinies in the same week.

He got me back though by hatching a shiny Magikarp on my Pearl (I was trying to do the Masuda Method with Meister's Magikarp which I later found out doesn't work - and he STILL got a shiny from it :rolleyes:). Of course, this was before HGSS, so he went and evolved it. :banghead: Then about a month or two ago he was replaying Sapphire and found a shiny Wailmer.

I traded my Crobat and I think he released the Gyarados when he caught a better one in SS, so we're both down to one random encounter shiny each. All the others I got from events or trades.

My first I believe was a Shiny Golbat up in Spear Pillar (A good place to train in R/S/E got many Pokemon to lv100, including an lost Flygon that I didn't know what happened to. He just appeared and I was surprised (Actually this could have been a Shiny Zubat in another area but I am not sure).

I found a second Shiny Golbat up in Spear Pillar, but because I wasn't paying attention I accidentally killed it, when I noticed it it was dead.

I also once found a Shiny Zigazoon in Ruby but restarted the game. See I was too impatient to beat Collo or XD on the GC so instead of transferring it I went ahead and restarted the game >.>

Third Shiny happened in Gold, I decided to replay it (Gold not Heart Gold) and headbutted a tree before finding a Shiny Caterpie, now a Butterfree.

Mine is a very cool story. I had a Nincada swarm in Platinum (I love Shedinja and Ninjask) so I went towards Eterna Forest while walking to show my friend. I tripped on a cable and accidentally ran into the grass. In the VERY corner (1 tile and I would have missed it)... BAM! Shiny Budew. I was amazed. It is now an awesome Roserade, and the only random encounter shiny with my ID. :)

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom