• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your first shiny. How? when? where?

First shiny was a shiny koffing in gold. Unfortunately I didnt catch it because I thought it was just a glitch. And then I went and accidentally defeated the Red Gyarados...sigh. :banghead:

My first was the Gyarados on the lake rage, thought it was a virus of some sort! It was in my Crystal Version.

Shiny Poocheyena just outside Rustboro on Emerald, caught it and now it's a Golden Mighteyena

first ever was a shiny weedle, bug catching contest in silver or crystal, cant remember, but i didn't have a game to trade it to...
next was shiny shuppet, but it was like the second shuppet i ever saw, so i didnt pay attention to it, ran away, and though oh sht!!!
then i caught a shiny nidorino in safari zone in fire red, caught it, used it, but i stopped playing it for awhile and let my sister start is over, no clue why though....

My first was the Gyarados on the lake rage, thought it was a virus of some sort! It was in my Crystal Version.
Unless you're referring to a natural shiny Gyarados (and not the boss of the lake), that doesn't count, lassie. !_!

Shiny Poocheyena just outside Rustboro on Emerald, caught it and now it's a Golden Mighteyena
Goddamn, that takes me back to my gold Floatzel... that I FUCKIN' knocked out. >_>

For someone who's played for over 70 hours on the (crappy Korean) SoulSilver, 27 on HeatGold, and at least over 50 on each GBC/GBA games, my shiny count is... really on the down low. It's sad.

My first shiny were back G/S/C when I got met shiny wooper.
I catch it and named SHINER and evolved it to Quagsire.
Last year I found out that my silver's battery were died out. :bawl:

I miss him.

Not counting the ever-popular Red Gyarados, I think I remember mine being a green-ish Arbok that I encountered on Route 26. I remember my Game Boy Color screen making it look more like gold than green at the time, and for whatever reason I didn't catch it. The first shiny that I actually caught was my gold Pidgey, which I eventually trained until it was a gold Pidgeot. Since this was all on my Silver Version, that's all lost to time now.

Other than the Gyarados in Silver, my first was a Snover in Platinum. It was a random encounter on Mt. Coronet, I think. I honestly can't remember why I was there, I think I might've been training my Riolu. Anyway, I caught her without a problem (after a bit of freaking out), and evolved her into an Abomasnow.
However, that wasn't my first encounter with a shiny- I ran into a Wingull in Pearl but, being the n00b that I was back then, I killed it.

First one was a Roselia in the troph garden. I think it looks better than a roserade, though. :D
Then I uncovered a shiny anorith. It's kind of ugly. :(

In HG/SS I surfed for two spaces in New Bark Town and encountered a shiny tentacool.
Let's see if I can't get a shiny Ditto.

Re: Your first Shining Pokemon.

In Sapphire/Ruby (I can't remember which), it was Geodude that I caught at Route 111.

Gold Magikarp in Ruby, it was also my first time playing a Pokemon game.

I wasn't sure if it would retain it's shininess at the time so I just boxed it. I lost that game ... D':

Not counting the red gyarados.

In my sapphire version, I was soft resetting for a female mudkip, I got a shiny one my third attempt, and I kept it.

Besides the Red Gyarados, it was a Shiny Onix.

Not counting the red gyarados.

In my sapphire version, I was soft resetting for a female mudkip, I got a shiny one my third attempt, and I kept it.

Damn, you're lucky as shit. I was soft-resetting for ages trying to get a shiny Johto starter in Emerald, gave up after about 200 tries, and just got an average Totodile so I can rip people off in trades.

God, I regret that now.

But what I regret much more is how I killed my first shiny (gold Floatzel) thanks to a Critical from my bastard Infernape when I tried to get it to the red.

I caught a shiny Tentacool on Emerald about 4 months back, though it's of no compensation, really. I cloned it about 6 times, though. :p

My first shiny other than Red Gyarados was one I am proud about.
Shiny Ditto in Cerulean Cave in FireRed. Completely by accident and it was on Level 57.

My first shiny was in my first Pokémon game (Ruby). I was at my friend's house and was lucky enough to have the concept of shinies explained to me by her brother when he saw the shiny Tentacool on my screen. I was planning to catch it anyway, though, because I thought it would be cool to have a weirdly coloured Pokémon.

I was in Route 203 on Diamond, rematching trainers (yeah, I stil have no idea why I was rematching in a route full of weak trainers) when my Breloom's Toxic Orb poisoned it, and it was an annoyance outside of battle. I was out of Antidotes/Full Heals so I rushed back to Jubilife. On the way there I accidentally ran into some tall grass and boom! shiny Shinx.

I caught it with an ultra ball on the first turn. ;D

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom