• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your first shiny. How? when? where?

My first shiny Pokémon was a Psyduck. I found it in the Safari Zone, in my Diamond. I managed to catch it with one Safari Ball

This is how it happened...
So my friend owed me some of pokemon. They included a crown raikou, a darkrai, and a shiny charizard. There were a total of six. I was just borrowing his Arceus for the egg though. When I got the charizard it was my first shiny besides the red gyarados.
I never found one in the wild:(. I even have many over one hundred hour games. I think I might have caught one so long ago I don't remember it though.

Last edited:
I was playing my Pearl last year, training my Gible on Route 210-North(Where the fog is), and my first battle there was a lvl 25 female shiny Noctowl. Gible was able to weaken it with 2 Dragon Rages and a single Pokeball caught it.

In like pokemon red a tentcool looked goofy and I killed expecting somthing cool to happen I later learned I killed possibly the rarest tentacool ever :-(

The first (and only) Shiny I ever encountered in the wild was Machoke in Mt. Coronet. I was trying to find the area to catch Feebas and encountered him randomly. It was pretty sweet :)

My first shiny ever was a Natu in the ruins of alph on my silver version. long before the red gyarados.

my first shiny was actually a shiny starly(besides the first gyarados because whos wants to post about tht D=) in platinum and my second was on soul silver i keep seeing tencools and then a shiny one came but i couldnt catch it D=

Ponyta, i was heading up to the hot springs to heal my pokemon, near the middle of the Ember Road I ran into it, around '08 in September.

Re: Your first Shining Pokemon.

Still haven't got one. I mean, I've been playing since Blue, and aside from red Gyarados from Gold and Heart Gold, none have ever shown up.

My first shiny ever is the Red Gyarados. Soon after it I ran into my first wild shiny, a Delibird. I ran away from it because I thought that was the normal coloration, since it was my first time seeing one and I didn't know about shiny Pokémon back then. I don't regret it since I wouldn't have been able to transfer it to Gen III anyway.

The first shiny I ever saw (excluding the Red Gyarados) was a shiny Sneasel. I encountered it in my Silver version at night at Mt. Silver (outside the cave). Never was able to catch it.

Umm, well I have played Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed, and LeafGreen over and over again many times and have found not one shiny Pokémon. The first shiny pokémon I ever found was a shiny Diglett in my SoulSilver game. I only found one other shiny pokémon and that was a Sneasel on my Platinum. I don't know, shinies in Gen III don't like me! :D
All it is is pure chance.

I have horrible luck with shinies. I've only gotten the Red Gyaras from Crystal and SoulSilver. :/

Not counting Red Gyarados....my shiny Hitmonchan in Crystal. I got it from an egg.

After that was my shiny Ralts in Platinum. It took forever to chain for it...wasnt even female....

And my third was a shiny Marowak that I found in LeafGreens Victory Road.

My first-first one was the red Gyarados in Silver, then again in HG and SS. Between them, I managed to catch a shiny Ralts in Diamond which I evolved into a Gallade, then I traded it for a Salamence with Pokerus on this very site...
and I don't regret it one bit! Seriously, that 'Mence has served me well.

The first shiny I encountered (but didn't catch ;_;) was a Rattata in Silver. The only other shiny I've seen since (which I did catch) was a Hariyama in Sapphire.

The first Shiny I had was a Poochyena from Emerald... And for some reason, I deleted the game file. DX Then on a later file, I got a Shiny Slugma, deleted that one too.

On Diamond, I came across a shiny Roselia one time, and it was the most beautiful thing... And I didn't have any Poké Balls. I learned a very valuable lesson that day.

My first shiny Pokémon was a Lotad, I met it in Sapphire.
I remember, I was like ''Hey, what's up with those colours?''. I didn't know that i existed shiny Pokémon at time, but I got very happy! ^^

Red Gyarados in Silv-*brick'd*

Shiny Ralts in Pearl; radar'd.
Nonradar, shiny Shinx in Platinum, which I found whilst EV-training a seperate-from-the-above-Ralts shiny Kirlia.
Said Shinx is the only natural shiny I've ever encountered in the wild. Alt colours haet meh (, ,)

Edit; oh, but I recall having an oddly green Feraligatr in Silver, but I didn't know the difference and deleted the file later. So blah.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom