• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your first shiny. How? when? where?

Re: Your first Shining Pokemon.

Edit; oh, but I recall having an oddly green Feraligatr in Silver, but I didn't know the difference and deleted the file later. So blah.

Just FYI, Feraligatr's original sprites were green.

I only ever found two natural shines; my first one was an Electrike. I evolved it to Manectric and then used him a lot for contests, I nicknamed him Douro and I even got him a mate and bred them because I thought their kids could get the father's colours. Hey, I was 8 and had no access to Bulbapedia whatsoever. :p Now he is on my Platinum. ^^

Re: Your first Shining Pokemon.

Red Gyarados in Silv-*brick'd*

Shiny Ralts in Pearl; radar'd.
Nonradar, shiny Shinx in Platinum, which I found whilst EV-training a seperate-from-the-above-Ralts shiny Kirlia.
Said Shinx is the only natural shiny I've ever encountered in the wild. Alt colours haet meh (, ,)

Edit; oh, but I recall having an oddly green Feraligatr in Silver, but I didn't know the difference and deleted the file later. So blah.

please use a different color font, its making my eyes hurt i bet its making others hurt as well.

Anyways, my first shiny was a Roselia in my pokemon sapphire. I was just bored one day walking around and it came up and i was like huh this one looks different. and then after catching it and doing research and found out it was shiny.

It was my second pokemon I caught in SS. I was complaining about how the games stupid designer didnt put good pokemon in the first area in the game. The next pokemon...shiny Pidgey. The day the game came out in America it happened.

A Rattata I met on Route 31 in Silver version. I didn't have any balls when I found it so I was forced to knock it out. Sucks.

Venomoth in Pearl for me. Caught with a radar chain of 2 at that route above the Resort Area.

I think it was a zubat I got in granite cave on sapphire. I didn't know what was so special about it so I never trained it. I ended up starting a new game and learning about shinies -_-'

underleveld raticate in silver. needless to say, being that i was 8, instead of being all excited, i was beyond pissed it was a raticate, so i killed it xD

first shiny i caught, however, was either a banette in sapphire, or a mawile in ruby, one of those 2.

Hahakomori in Black, on the route north of Hodomoe, found in a shaking patch of grass.

Technically it was a finneon. I was filling up the pokedex and didn't realize it was shiny when I caught it. My meditite was my first concious shiny.

The first one I ever saw was a Wynaut, but it was in the Sinnoh Safari Zone, so I couldn't catch it. :complain:

The first one I did catch was a few weeks ago, a Nidorino on Route 13. (And only a few days later I caught a shiny Krabby!)

First: Graveler

How: Randomly

Where: Mt. Stark

Sadly I accidentally deleted my file and now I have no shinies.

First: Pidgey
How: Randomly
Where: Route 1 in FireRed

I was walking after having gotten the pokeballs and I encountered it while training my regular Pidgey. Ten minutes later, in Viridian Forest, guess what I encounter. That's right, a shiny caterpie!

when i've encountered random shinies i've often had similar happen...

caught a wild shiny machoke & a wild shiny shellos within a really short period of time

after months of SRing i got 2x shiny lugia (1 struggled to death) within about 2 days

had a shiny pichu then 2x shiny graveller - i KO'd the pichu (EV training in Spe & too late to stop earthquake... ugh!) & 1 of the graveller blew itself up - caught the 2nd though ("Meatwad")

not sure if the dates affect the probability or something?

Shiny Pidgey in Crystal. Found it on Route 29 (The one next to New Bark Town), but I didn't get it when I first started the game. I was back on that route for some reason much later :)

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom