• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your first shiny. How? when? where?

I think it was a Cyndaquil. I was trying to get a female Cyndaquil, so I kept resetting the game. It was a looong time ago, though. I think I lost it when Gold's battery ran dry just recently, UGH. DX

My shiny snover she is now an abomasnow with an OHKO (sheer cold)
my friend now has an action replay so getting shinies (which i don't use) is no problem :banana: :banana: :banana:

Gloom. Caught it on Route 120 in Emerald. Nicknamed him Sunny. He proceeded to become vileplume. Sadly, because I got him over 4 years ago I no longer have him.:-(

a few months back a zubat in shoal cave while looking for snorunt :p

just the other day i got a charmander nicknamed char now a black charizard

Re: Your first Shining Pokemon.

in total, i've only ever caught 4 shiny pokemon since i started playing the games. my first was a venonat on silver version that i won the bug catching contest with if i remember correctly. my second was a shiny drowzee on silver also. on platinum i found a shiny zubat in the mine in oreburg city. on sapphire i found a shiny numel, but i pal parked it onto my soulsilver version where it evolved into camerupt and still remains on my team.

My first ever was a shiny Gastly from LG. It's my only shiny besides Gyrados from HG.

My first non-Gyarados Shiny was a Snubbull, which I caught after a few hours of chaining. It was worth it. :)

My first encountered shiny was a shiny Exeggcute back in Silver. Unfortunately, while using false swipe I accidentally hit Cut and, well... it fainted. I did this right in front of my friends too.

Ugh.

My first captured shiny was a Shiny Ralts I chained for in Diamond.

Last edited:

My Shiny Chinchou in Emerald, since evolved.
I had been saving the free Dive Ball you get in game to catch a Relicanth because my cousin said I needed one to catch the Regis, and this little Chinchou with Green Glowing lights comes along.
Needless to say, I forgot about Relicanth.

Since then it's been Spinda, Pineco and Ledian.

First Seen shiny: I think it was a Shiny Espeon in the Time attack place in Emerald.

First captured: Shiny Wingull in Diamond

First (and only) was a shiny Oddish in Emerald

I'm pretty sure my first was a Zubat in Silver Version.

Well... as I was traveling to the sky pillar in sapphire version, I was lucky enough to stumble upon a wild latias. It escaped from me. Then, I found a Tentacruel and was about to run away from it until I noticed it was green. I caught it using an ultra ball. Not the best shiny, but, still a shiny.

well its shiny not shining and nyway i got a shiny caterpie now a shiny butterfree in leaf green, i got others but thats the one that comes to mind. I know i have a shiny Golbat in ruby and a shiny Gyarados like everyone else is G/S/C

My first was on diamond, which was a shiny Roselia, which i later evolved into a roserade. The next was on ruby(still play it alot) a shiny minum. Finally, i got the red gyrados on SS.

Other than the Red Gyarados in G/S/C, I found a shiny Oddish in the original G/S/C.

Later, I found a shiny Poochyena in Emerald, and a Shiny Machop in Diamond/Pearl/Platinum.

Well... as I was traveling to the sky pillar in sapphire version, I was lucky enough to stumble upon a wild latias. It escaped from me. Then, I found a Tentacruel and was about to run away from it until I noticed it was green. I caught it using an ultra ball. Not the best shiny, but, still a shiny.

That's an excellent shiny, sets up spikes real good :D

My first shiny was a magby, but it was tainted by an AR, so i left it in my Pearl (I never traded with it.)

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom