• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your first shiny. How? when? where?

Re: Your first Shining Pokemon.

A Growlithe in HG. Yeah, I've bad luck with shinies like that. Quite a lot of years, I had waited... :p

My first one was a shiny Spinda from emerald but I forgot to save and later on my game crashed.

Glad the two shinies I caught, I saved right after obtaining them.

You guys ever consider putting a Darkrai with dark void up on the first slot in your team? Could help tuning down the danger factor in encountering shinies that can Roar/Whirlwind you away like that. :D

I think my first ever Shiny was a Shiny Zubat, I cloned them in Emerald (My game, so please don't give me crap because I cloned them). Evolved into Shiny Golbats (They were cloned not Zubat), now one of them is a Shiny Crobat.

the first non-red gyarados shiny i found was a shiny wurmple. but it was way in the beginning of emerald, when you don't get pokeballs. boo-hoo.

shiny gyarados from GSC, then in RSE a shiny Graveler...then in DPPT another shiny graveler in pearl, a shiny Dusclops in Platinum and a shiny Staravia in Diamond

My first shiny pokémon was from gen 2 gold and it was my charizard from blue I used the time chamber thing to migrate him and he became purple he was awsome and I miss him I lost him after my gold version corrupted :(

Friend code: 4212 0908 8954

If you mean the first shiny you ENCOUNTERED, then Geodude in HeartGold for me. >.> Of course, I didn't get to catch it since it used SELF DESTRUCT as soon as I found it. u_u After that, I found a shiny Shinx in Platinum (which fainted due to an unexpected critical hit u_u), a shiny Shellos in Platinum (same file, too!) which fainted due to me not thinking I lowered it's HP enough, and a shiny Bidoof in Platinum (also the same file!!) which I actually managed to capture. F'ing hate Bidoof too... =/ The first shiny I've actually captured was the shiny Gyarados in HeartGold, but it doesn't really count IMO, since it's ALWAYS shiny. >.>

Shiny magikarp outside the dragons den in gold. I didn't even care at the time that I already had the red gyarados, I was just pumped that this was a unique, ultra-rare, legit shiny. I named it GOLDKARP.

My first was a Golbat i caught in Ruby.
I like Crobat's Shiny form, but Golbat's just green...

I found TWO shines in my only sapphire game. A shiny Sandshew and a shiny Whismer and then both evolved right away. I just love the look of the shiny Sandslash's red spikes on its back.:D

I was about to Pal park them in my Platinum version but the transferring is not working due that the time on my DS has changed X{

Last edited:

Barring the Red Gyarados, none. Been playing since Red, and never found a shiny.

Got Pokérus twice, but shiny, nooo…

My first Shiny ever (and only one other than Red G) was a Starly, but I like staraptor's shiny form. IT DYED ITS HAIR BLUE!BLUE!!

The usual, my first shiny was the red Gyarados, but because that is not a rare thing by any means, I, like the majority of the community, do not count it.

My first shiny ever I actually encountered today. I was breeding a Misdreavous to get a male one so that it could breed with my duskull and give it pain split. So, as I'm hatching female after female, I come across a shiny one, and flip out. I've been playing Pokemon for probably 10 years now, and this is my first ever legit, random shiny. I have named her Blair and plan to actually use her in a team, despite the fact that I've never really given Misdreavous/Mismagius a second look as a pokemon.

My first shiny was a Hoothoot in the original Pokemon which I trained to a majestic Noctowl and it was a part of my team until the end. I've caught a couple shinies in the past but Noctowl was by far my favourite because Ash had one in the anime as well. lol.

Not counting Red Gyarados, my first shiny was a female Medicham near one of the lakes in Pearl. You know, up near that snowy place...

I was going on a trip with the family at the time, so I was smooshed into the car with my brother at the time. I nudged him and turned my DS his way so he could see. I suspect he got jealous, but stayed pretty quiet about it. =3

Not counting Red Gyarados, my first shiny was a female Medicham near one of the lakes in Pearl. You know, up near that snowy place...

I was going on a trip with the family at the time, so I was smooshed into the car with my brother at the time. I nudged him and turned my DS his way so he could see. I suspect he got jealous, but stayed pretty quiet about it. =3

Very nice. I totally understand the need to show it to someone too lol. I hatched my shiny misdreavous at about 6 in the morning and my roommate (also a pokemaniac) was sleeping on the couch. I shook him awake and showed him the DS :D He wasn't mad, in fact quite excited, but he promptly fell back asleep :D

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom