• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your first shiny. How? when? where?

it was a shiny starly at route 201... i was running to sandgem after maybe mespirit fled from the lake. i caught it and evolved it into a staraptor. i also got a shiny electabuzz whom i caught at the route before sunyshore. both were lost when i resetted the game.

My first shiny, besides the Red Gyarados, was...

Gyarados. I found a red gyarados in the wild... although no one will believe me...

and I can't find the game cart it's in (FUCK) so D:

Not counting red gyarados back in gold, it was a shiny Bronzor in Diamond. Forgot what route it was but it was the one under cycling road. My next shiny was in the dragon's den(that was the name right? correct me if i'm wrong) in blackthorn city. it was a dratini. I was so sad to see it having a Relaxed nature.

I've never caught one myself, but I bought a Pre-owned Pearl game and it had a Shiny Shaymin, Staraptor, Pikachu, and weirdly enough, Dugtrio. o_O

A jynx in Crystal, about seven or eight years ago. I forgot what I named her now. I couple of months later I also got a shiny golbat, again I've since forgotten his name.

I thought my first was my shiny Drowzee in LG (don't remember where I got it) but now, looking at the sprites for Igglybuff, I'm pretty sure I hatched a shiny one in SS first.

The first shiny I found was a Pidgey on Route 1 in FireRed. I already had another Pidgey, but I kept this one anyway, until I restarted the game to get all three starters.

First shiny was on Gold. I met and KO'd a shiny Houndour T-T I love Houndoom and I didn't realize it was shiny until I had KO'd it with a super effective move.

Aside from that, at the first 30 min of playing P, I found and caught a shiny Geodude. When I hit my 350th hour of game play, I found a graveler. KO'd that one unfortunately with a flying type attack of all things :\

I think it was a Tentacool by surfing (maybe fishing while surfing) on the water route after Lilycove City (I forget it's name) on Sapphire.

I forget what level it was. I can't just go check because I reset the file years ago.

I caught a shiny Diglett in my FireRed. However, I started a new game and now is gone forever.
A while before, my bro found a shiny Rapidash in FR, but only had a Master Ball. Which is how I learned the valuable lesson to always stock up on PokeBalls.

My first shiny was when I still played Diamond, before I got SoulSilver. I was trying to catch all the Unowns and I guess I tried too hard, I encountered a blue Y Unown. Luckily I stocked up on Pokeballs because I didn't have anything to weaken Unown. I threw a couple Ultra Balls and finally caught it. About 30 minutes later I finished my Unown collection. I guess I might go for the rest in shiny later.

A fe months back I stumbled upon a shiny Drowzee in HG south of Jubilife (purple coloured) which is now a level 30-something Hypno named Morpheus.Not very powerful, but treasured and loved all the same.
For some reason chaining has never worked for me; just luck.

Gyrados. But a legit Non Gyrados was my Shiny Nidoran from my Silver (now a Nidoqueen)

Along from that same Silver, I have a Shiny Quagsire and a Shiny Steelix. Funny thing about the Steelix is I found it when I was LOOKING FOR A SHINY. How random is that? EDIT: Forgot to say, I got it as an Onix.

My first (non Gyarados) was an Ekans on my Silver. I later caught a shiny Registeel in Ruby.

I remember having a shiny something that wasn't the red gyarados in gold but I can't remember it. The last legit shinies I do remember are my two shiny gravelers from Soul Silver caught in the same area in the same week.

Firered, The path to Mt. Ember, a ponyta with blue fire.
Killed it. XP

First one i caught was a blue and white voltorb on my emerald in new mauville. named it bluey.

A Raticate on the route between Ecruteak and Olivine in my Silver version. I didn't know about shinies back then, so when I saw the sparkle I was like :O

I caught it and used it right away xD I was amused.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom