Your first shiny. How? when? where?

Reaction score
Re: Your first Shining Pokemon.

I've never seen a wild shining pokemon, but I was breeding Caterpie for trade and one of the hatchlings came out golden, which I have evolved into a very trippy looking Butterfree.

the Galar Champion
Reaction score
On Silver, my first besides Gyarados was a Ratatta near the Lake of Rage (that place must attract shinies!), but I didn't have a clue what shinies were so didn't catch it. I later encountered a shiny Zubat in Tohjo Falls on the same game, I tried to catch it but ended up making it faint. The first shiny I caught was a Zigzagoon on Ruby, west of Petalburg, but I've since started a new game - I made Groudon faint and was determined to have another go at catching it!

Reaction score
I was fishing in the Resort Area looking for the level 100 Magikarp, and I found a shiny level 82 Magikarp. I failed at catching it.

Reaction score

For some reason I let my brother play a little on my game, and he found a shiny Zigzagoon. I got kinda mad that he found it. Anyways, something went wrong and I didn't catch it... So I guess it wasn't "my first shiny Pokémon" in lots of ways. That would be the red Gyarados, I guess. Boring...

Last edited:
MegaEvolutionMegaProfesr!
Reaction score

I encountered a Shiny Shinx, Naughty natured, I think. I don't have my games or DS anymore, but Luxray's line will be a favorite for a while because of the shiny. It was certainly useable, because a +Attack nature is optimal, while the stat to be dropped is mostly just optional for a Luxray.

I did have RedG--I never knew it was special at the time.

Reaction score

i never caught mine but i do have some.My friend has a cheat to get all these pokemon and i thought wow cn i trade you some so i got a shiny mew,Arceus and articuno. Lucky hey

Reaction score

During my first ever playthrough of Pokemon Gold (this was back in April of 2000), I was going through the Union Cave and came across a shining Zubat. I immediately caught it. I remember thinking 'That's bloody strange!' LOL...I kept it in my party and raised it through the next two evolutionary stages. I was very proud of that Crobat.

Has built-in glasses
Reaction score

Whismur in Emerald.

My jaw dropped.

Offline for a while
Reaction score

My first Shining Pokemon caught me by surprise. I remember I was playing Emerald. I was surfing on a pond in the Safari Zone and a wild Pokemon appeared. Much to my surprise, it was a blue Psyduck. I was a bit confused since it was the first time I ever encountered a Shiny Pokemon. I showed my friend and he told me to not let it get away and catch it! Of course, I was able to catch it! I also remember the first Shiny I met in Pearl. I was out on a catching spree, trying to get all the Unown forms in the Solaceon Ruins. An Unown appeared, it was the 'O' form. I wasn't surprised that I found a Shiny actually, I assumed the Shiny rate increased because of all the Pokemon I was catching!

Mewtwo Master
Reaction score
These are my firsts for each generation.
In Gen II: Shiny Ditto caught in Gold.
In Gen III: Shiny Koffing caught in Emerald.
In Gen IV: Shiny Magicarp caught in SoulSilver, just a few moments ago. It was kind of funny too. I was just fishing for a bunch of Magicarp so I could use them to do trades between my carts. I was doing it on Route 30 at the pond behind the Cherrygrove City Pokémon Center.

Roobushin smaaaaaash!!!
Reaction score

I'm usually very unlucky so my first shiny almost gave me a heart attack. I was training a Manaphy around the volcano in my pearl version (I forget the name) and I saw a shiny Camerupt. I just about died.

wants Chain of Memories!
Reaction score
I'm usually very unlucky so my first shiny almost gave me a heart attack. I was training a Manaphy around the volcano in my pearl version (I forget the name) and I saw a shiny Camerupt. I just about died.
The volcano in question is Stark Mountain.

And my first Shiny was a Ratatta in... I think LeafGreen on Route 1. Fortunately, I had just gotten Pokeballs. But the game got wiped somehow, and I didn't find another Shiny until the Gyarados in SoulSilver.

Reaction score

I guess my first was a gyarados. But since then i've come to meet a zubat, mankey and buizel! Good times!

Too much water
Reaction score

An orange Zigzagoon when I was wandering around after E4 in Emerald. Long time after that I Palparked it with a golden Magikarp and a golden Swablu. I never got any other shiny in IV generation, besides red. Gyarados xD

Very Fine Dodger
Reaction score

My first shiny Pokemon is my Arcanine from Pokemon XD.

2 slow...needs trick room
Reaction score

2nd gen = THE RED GYARADOS
3rd gen = The 'shiny pidgey' story happened to me.
4th gen = Staravia (with a good nature)
5th gen = coming soon.

3rd level thief
Reaction score

The first shiny I encountered was a green oddish, in Emerald. It was in that patch of grass right out of Slateport City, on your way to the bike pass. I saw the silouette appear and I thought "ohh, another oddish" Then it wound up being green. I knew exactly what to do: Put it to sleep and slowly get it down. When I had it down enough, I went to get a pokeball.

I DIDN'T HAVE A POKEBALL AND I GOT SO MAD I NEARLY THREW MY SP ACROSS THE ROOM.

Aside from the Gyarados I haven't seen one since.

Psychic Type Master
Reaction score
What: Shiny Trapinch
When:2005
Game:Emerald

I was freaked out, i thought it had a disease....so i catch it and turns out it had pokerus....and ive gotten alots of other shinies since then....Grimer.....Gyaradoes...Raikou..Entei....I also had a Zigazagoon but I my si stole it and i gave trapinch away

◓Gypsy Vanner Horse
Reaction score
Gyarados

My first wild shiny was shortly after it the Gyarados, I was in the ice cave, and I encountered a shiny Delibird.
Young me: Don't have time to catch it... I'll return for you later... RUN! Another Delibird... it's red... this one is red as well, so is this... DID I FIND A RARE ONE?! MUST CATCH IT!
Then I roamed the cave for almost two days (not fully, but whenever I played the game), and finally decided that I missed out on it... :(

But the first one I CAUGHT was in FireRed, a shiny Phanpy, later Donaphan! FireRed has since deleted the save file and ran away... :'(