• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your first shiny. How? when? where?

Whismur in Emerald version, Zubat in Ruby, and Geodude in Diamond.

In that order. Haven't found one since.

My Whismur wasn't found in the Rusturf Tunnel, but outside it. Zubat was found in Dewford Cave, and Geodude in Oreburgh Mine.

I had a Geodude Selfdestruct on me before.

The first Shiny I ever saw was a Pineco in Generation II, but I can't recall in what route I was headbutting trees. It self-destructed, though, plus I didn't realize I had found an extra-rare Pokémon then because Shinies were not quite understood in that time.

Afterwards, I spent a long time without finding a single Shiny, but last year I re-played my Sapphire Version and was fishing for Feebas when I got a Shiny Carvanha! I caught her, alright, and have yet to transfer her to my SoulSilver Version to properly train her. She's a Sharpedo now.

And then I found a Shiny Unown (B sprite) in the Ruins of Alph in SS.

Can we count the red Gyrados from Gen IV? lol.

First shiny was Larvitar in SS!!! It took me THAT long. While my friend gets a shiny starter in Emerald. Starter!!!! Then, he finds a shiny Tentacool AND Pelipper. All in 1 game. But yeah, I found a shiny Larvitar in Mt. Silver. My first and only shiny that I found. I haven't trained it yet. I might train it in Black/White.

The first one I saw was in Sapphire. I was in the Safari Zone, trying to catch a Pikachu with a Light Ball. I found it, couldn't catch it, and it ran away...

A few days ago I caught a Shiny Buizel in Diamond. I got it outside of Eterna City.

My first shiny was a Tentacool. I was surfing outside of Pacifidlog town on route 132 and ran into it. I think I caught it, I'm not sure since I re-started the game. I was upset about it at first, but the shiny Electrike I found on route 118 made up for it. :3 (these were in my Ruby version)

The most disappointing one, though, is when I ran into a shiny Graveler in Union Cave (I think, it might have been a different cave). I got its health down to a reasonable level and went to get a pokeball, but I didn't have any. (Gold Version)

I remember back in Emerald, I liked to train in the Smeargle cave for some reason. So.one day, I was just sweeping a bunch of them for EXP, and then I found a shiny one. I didn't know what shinys were back then, and I didn't realize it was alternatively colored until after I OHKO'd it. It was a sad day. lol

However, I have a shiny Octillery that I found while fishing after that Shiny Smeargle incident (that evolved from a Remoraid), and I have a Shiny Blaziken that I chained for.

And yes, I have the Red Gyarados from HeartGold. I haven't touched it after I caught it, though.

Tricky... Can't remember whether I caught someone else shiny in Silver as well as the Gyarados. If I forgot that generation, then it was most likely a shiny Whismur I caught in the Vendanturf Tunnel. I was travelling to Rustboro town.

If not, then it was the shiny Zubat I caught in Mt Moon while travelling through for the first time (in that game).

my shinys were
tentacool with blue gem in sapphire
green carvanha in emerald
black machoke leaf green
orange gravler platinum
got all off these just walking around
but the best was after all the soft reseting i got green mewtwo in leaf green,it took me about a month soft reseting

I have beaten (in order) Saphire, SoulSilver, Platinum, and FireRed (and reached the Elite Four in Yellow before having my game erased :< ) and I have not seen ONE FREAKING SHINY!!!

I know I have posted the above information before, but I wanted to share a story.
*Sees blue Shellos* O_O The last Shellos I saw was pink! It's mah' first shiny! YES!!! But where's the shiny anim-[information overided by excitement] *catches* *looks at Pokedex entry, then at forms. Sees the whole "West Sea" "East Sea" thing* FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-...!!!

One day I was EV training with the Pokemon in that cave below Veilstone City (I believe) and I caught a shiny Geodude. I was like, O________________O

Then in SoulSilver I caught a shiny Jigglypuff in the Safari Zone.

Here's what happened.

Back in the days when Ruby and Sapphire were the newest games, I was really enjoying myself. I played Ruby version constantly, and I loved all the new features, such as abilities, and especially secret bases. I had a Secret Base I was especially proud of. It was on Route 120, at the southernmost point of the route. I built it out of that bush right near a small pond. There's a patch of loamy soil right in front of it, and a hidden Kecleon directly to the left of the entrance. Right behind it is the cave where one can find Registeel. Do you know that place? Doesn't matter. Anyway, I was headed there one day from Fortree City. I remember thinking to myself how inconvenient it was that the game didn't enable you to Fly directly to your Secret Base. Now, anyone familiar with Route 120 will know that it is possible to avoid stepping in tall grass entirely when passing through that route, with the exception of a single tile on the northernmost part of the route. This was long before I got into the habit of regular repel usage, mind you. Plus, it's that really long grass you can't bike through, and I was just impatient. So I step on the one tile of long grass, and what do you know, I find a wild Pokémon. I groan at my bad luck and prepare to curse out the offender, when I notice something odd. The Zigzagoon sliding across my GBA's screen seemed different somehow. Then, it locked into place and the cry played, but the "Wild ZIGZAGOON appeared!" didn't appear right away. It waited until a swirl of golden stars flew around Zigzagoon, accompanied by a dinging sound effect. Then the text appeared. I immediately threw an Ultra Ball at this newcomer; I was well stocked on Poké Balls of all sorts ever since the last shiny I had found; another Zigzagoon, right after I had just used up the entire contents of my Poké Ball bag in my failed attempt to catch a Manectric. Anyway, this Ultra Ball succeeded in catching me my first shiny.

With a mustache.

my first shiny was in sapphire
i was in victory road and i was annoyed with all the zubats and stuff so i was in a pattern just to press run each battle
so when a shiny golbat appears guess what?

but on the upside i caught a shiny bidoof in pearl -_-

My first shiny? My first non-Red Gyrados shiny was the Pikachu-Colored Pichu from Gamestop. The only others I have are the shiny legendary beasts, also from Gamestop, and, of course, the Red Gyrados. :-/
I've never had the pleasure to even see a random encounter shiny Pokemon. I've tried chaining before, but it's never worked. [Stupid Bidoofs!] So anyway, you guys are pretty lucky. Be proud of your random-encounter shinies, I know I would.

My first (and only) random encounter shiny was in Ruby when i was looking for Feebas. Damn man, i must of spent hours trying to find it. After seeing so many Magikarp, i ran into a shiny one, haha XD

I caught it but i thought it was weird that it was a different color, LOL.

I was trying to get a Venonat in SoulSilver because I want to have as much Pokémon as possible. So I went to route 24 and started running in the tall grass. After some Girafarig and Pidgeotto, guess what I found? That's right, a shiny Venonat. :D
And that was about 2 minutes ago.

It's either an Onix I ran into on victory road leveling my team (had no pokéballs though....) or the Drowzee I accidentally met while riding my bike around the daycare for an egg to hatch.

My only shinies right now are a red Gyarados and 5 Electrikes.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom