• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your first shiny. How? when? where?

yesterday. i've been playing pokemon games since blue and my first legit shiny was YESTERDAY!!
Steelix, originally an onix

My first shiny was the red gyarados in the lake of rage in soul silver, i dont know if that counts, second was from the shiny legendary dogs event. (i was late for raikou and entei so only got a shiny suicune :banghead:

Last edited:
My first shiny was a Pidgey. Yes, before the Lake of Rage Gyarados.

Me: *shuffles around in grass, searching for Entei/Raikou*
Game: A wild Pidgey appeared!
Pidgey: *cries*
*stars appear*
Me: OMG it's a shiny! *throws Great Ball*
Great Ball: *shakes* *stops shaking*
Game: The Pidgey was caught! Give it a nickname?
Me: Yes! I caught a shiny! *nicknames Pidgey' Shiner'*

discounting that gyarados, i've never seen a shiny.

I was playing with a mate who found a shiny gyarados though, not the evnt one but its worthless as a shiny.

Well, other than the red Gyarados, I believe the first shiny I caught was a Purugly on route 222 in Pearl.

My first Shiny (NOT counting the Gyarados at the Lake Of Rage), I restarted HeartGold today, got Celebi, was in Union Cave, caught a Rock Smash HM slave Geodude, the VERY next battle, BAM! There it was, a Golden Geodude, I caught it, and now it's fucking up Team Rocket in the Slowpoke Well!

well my friends cheateeed to get some shiny legendds ( wwish they hadnt) they gave them to me.....
i havent even seen a wild shiny on my platinum,heartgold,ruby,saphire, or silver. but i have seen an uncheated one on a r4 card ( tentacool) i hate shiny arcues!( i just wish it wasnt my best one)

me and my bro used to soft reset for moltress on fr then get bored and just try to catch it.

never even seen one on any of my games or shared games

Um... Yeah... Shiny Gastrodon me and my bro' argued as to wether it was shiny... I KO'd it for exp. :dumb:
Later got shiny Gyarydos on SS but everyone got that... (almost...)
EDIT:Upon further research we have discovered it was probably shiny but they look so indistinguishable! Brown and Pink compared to Green/Brown and Pastel Pink! What were they thinking!

Last edited:
My first shiny was actually in Pokemon Rumble, so i'm not sure if that counts. It was a yellow caterpie. As soon as I saw it, I switched to Giratina and KO-ed it. A Giratina. vs a Caterpie. Im sucha noob.:embarass:

I am not quite sure but I think my first shiny was a Girafraig in the Safari Zone in Pokemon Ruby.

My first shiny was a Bronzor in Diamond. It's now a Bronzong.
I remember yelling at my cousin because he didn't catch a shiny Bronzor he bumped into in his Pearl.

My first shinny was a golden geodude. I named it first.
It took six years for me to find a shiny... Worth the wait.

My first shiny was the red gyarados in the lake of rage in soul silver, i dont know if that counts, second was from the shiny legendary dogs event. (i was late for raikou and entei so only got a shiny suicune :banghead:

Same here, i didn't know about the shiny dogs event, so i only got Suicune.
Anyway, my first shiny besides the red Gyarados, was a shiny Igglybuff which hatched from the daycare egg in Pokémon Crystal version.

my first shiny was a ghastly in the tower of dead spirits thing in leaf green. I just randomly came across it.

I have played each game for at least 100 hours and have yet to find a shiny. :( I have all the shiny beast, gyarados, and pichu however.

My first shiny was a Zigzagoon in sapphire. I had just restarted the game when he popped up. I catched him, nicknamed him Ziggy and transferd him to emerald. He is now a happy hm-slave at lvl 91 :)

Edit: Zigzagoon, not Zangoose.

Last edited:
My one and only random shiny (Not red Gyarados, or recent shiny dogs) was a Marill in Platinum (so it really was my first shiny). I met it on April 21, 2009 at level 22 on Route 215. Since I had just started, I had no idea what shinies were, but it was a strange color, so I caught it and then looked up information until I found out about shinies.

My starter was water, so Azum ended up replacing my starter. I feel a little guilty, but shiny > starter. I didn't even mean to, but I just kept using my shiny.

I've been wanting to chain for a shiny Ponyta, but I still haven't gotten around to it...

The only thing i have saw is red Gyrados but when i was really young around 4,5 or 6 i played pokemon all the time i might have saw a shiny without noticing ive only found out about shinys.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom