• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your first shiny. How? when? where?

other than the red gyarados........ geodude in mt mortar(ss).IT LOOKS PURE GOLD!! i dont want to evo it cause shiny gravelar looks really ugly. i named it Geo(bet you cant figure out were i got that name,lol). ive been chainin for 2 days:no luck
tiny pic lol and does any1 have shiny unown???

Last edited:
It was after DP came out, I was bored and playing ruby, surfing by Mt. Pyre. Then... Bam! Shiny Wingull. I was like OMG it's got green stripes!! I caught it. I used Pal Park it's now in a Gen IV game. I plan to Poketransfer it.

About 4 years ago, in Pearl, I caught a shiny Dustox. I REALLY don't like Dustox, but I was so excited that it was shiny, that I named it Sexyhot.

My only other shiny was a Ponyta. IT WAS SO BEAUTIFUL.

Machoke in FireRed.

At first, I was confused, as I didn't know about shinies. I just enjoyed its unique coloring and caught it. A shame I lost my FireRed.

At least I have my Fabulous, Brave-Natured Escavilier in Black.

The first Shuckle I encountered in White was Shiny. It was in a Double Battle with Beeheyem, so I quickly killed Beeheyem, and then planned on using a Net Ball on Shuckle (note none of my Pokemon knew False Swipe). But then Shuckle used Power Trick, and I got tense. So I decided to Master Ball it, because it was the first natural Shiny I've ever found. I nicknamed it Blue Shell, and I plan on training it... eventually.

Most shiny encounters are random.

There are a few tricks some people use to get shinies more easily than normal, such as the Masuda Method, however.

So for example if I saw a shiny wild Pokemon, can restart the game and get another Pokemon?..
that doesnt make sense :XD2:

So for example if I saw a shiny wild Pokemon, can restart the game and get another Pokemon?..
that doesnt make sense :XD2:
No, if you restart the game when you encounter a Shiny, chances are you won't find another for a while. I would catch that Shiny the instant I see it.

Shiny encounters are completely random. No one will ever know when they will encounter a shiny. I believe there is a 1/8261 chance (or something to that matter) of finding one.

No, if you restart the game when you encounter a Shiny, chances are you won't find another for a while. I would catch that Shiny the instant I see it.

Shiny encounters are completely random. No one will ever know when they will encounter a shiny. I believe there is a 1/8261 chance (or something to that matter) of finding one.

I thought you can get like 2 in 8 thousand something..?

The first shiny I ever saw was a Shiny Milotic in Pokemon Emerald. In the Battle Pike.:saiyan:

Anyhows, few months later a caught a Shiny Mightyena in Emerald. To this day that's the only game I found random shinys in.

Pokemon Emerald: I think it was the first time I went to the Safari Zone. I went to the small pond in the center of the zone. I went fishing and all of a sudden, a Shiny Psyduck appeared! I was excited, but confused since it was my first Shiny. My friend got really excited and told me to catch it quick, which I did!

Pokemon Gold. Shiny Tyrogue. Actually, not the odd egg. It just so happens to be one of the pokemon that cracks out of it.

Pokemon Gold. Shiny Tyrogue. Actually, not the odd egg. It just so happens to be one of the pokemon that cracks out of it.

Well, since the Odd Egg is only Crystal, I guess you got lucky while breeding the Hitmon-family.

In LeafGreen, my first shiny was a gold-yellow Pidgeotto. I freaked out because Pidgeotto at that level knew Whirlwind. Luckily, I caught it with the first Ultra Ball.
Then, the very next day, I caught a purple Slowpoke, and traded it with a friend so I could get a shiny Slowking, which has a blue collar instead of a red one.
In Pearl, on my very first try, I caught a shiny Palkia. It was more pink than white. I used my Master Ball because I was so worried I would knock it out if I ever TRIED to attack it. However, like an idiot, I traded it away for a Lugia, since I never had XD, and Lugia was pretty much event only at the time.
Recently, I caught a shiny Nidoran (currently a blue Nidoking), and obtained a shiny Entei and shiny Raikou.

Re: Your first Shining Pokemon.

My first shiny was in Soulsilver (Haven't been a fan for long) in the safari zone. SoAwesome! is one of my highest leveled pokemon. Shes a Gloom now.

My first shiny was an Emolga on Route 10. I managed to catch it with an Ultra Ball.

Aside from trading/events/Odd Egg/Red Gyara, my first was a Shiny Vanillite in White. I've been playing since 2004, so it's about dang time I got my own shiny.

I got mine in Diamond. it was a shiny geodude.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom