• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your first shiny. How? when? where?

The first shiny I saw was a Poochyena on the first route in Sapphire. I ran from it, Pokemon were all around level 40, I probably never would have caught it, anyway.The first and only shiny I actually caught was a Vigoroth in Pinwheel forest in Black 2. I was actually with Cheren at the time. I guess I'm lucky he didn't defeat it. >.>

I recently played Soul Silver. I still didn't catch the Gyarados, apparently.

Ignoring the red Gyarados, my first 'real' shiny was a shiny Rhyhorn I encountered in Victory Road in Crystal, which I also caught. This was kind of major for me, because for YEARS before that I had never encountered a 'real' shiny. It kind of helped with my like of Rhyhorn actually.

Come to think of it, I had more luck finding shinies in GSC and HGSS than any other game.

Re: hi

My first shiny was the red gyarados in SS. but then after the elite four I went back to the lake of rage and caught another one that just appeared while fishing which only now I realise was an actual random shiny.

actually not suprizing enough it is shiny gyarados! but apart from that my first is shiny ponyta on pearl.

Kamui (male Roselia) and Don (male Girafarig) were the very first shiny Pokemon that I found and captured in my Platinum game.
Kamui was in Route 208 while Don was in Route 214.

Last edited:
My first shiny was a Linoone I found back in my RSE days. I was walking through the fenced area right before you get into Lilycove, when a Linoone with red stripes (instead of brown) popped up. I didn't notice the sparkles, but it was female and I thought red was just the female version of Linoone. I caught it anyway for good measure, then later realized what it was.

Crystal version would have housed my first shiny in the red Gyarados, but I never ended up getting that far in the game.

My first was a shiny exploud in victory road in rse I caught it and got it to like level 70 then I deleted it later in a new game also in diamond I found a shiny machop and geodude with a hour of each other

In Crystal version after getting the odd egg back from the Pokemon Center in Violet City (I think). While passing the Day Care Center it hatched into Togepi and for some reason I saw sparkles when it appeared in battle. This might have happened only cause my cousin restarted my game 10x during that year.

So you can Togepi was my first Shiny

All pokémon players should have met a shiny gyarados in their lives, me too.

But my first caught shiny is a shiny bidoof,,, i was training... I think in the first grass after twinleaf town...

My first and only shiny is a Zigzagoon that I encountered in Ruby Version on Route 119. I did encounter a shiny Pidgey in Firered on one of the Sevii Islands but I had no Pokeballs... Now I have at least one with me at all times.

My shinies are Red Gyarados (HG), green Dragonite from Alder (W2) and a very lucky Electhabuzz (whom I evolved) whom I found by a chance when I was leveling up Pokemon with the help of a Poke Radar on Route 222 (Pt)

Gyarados, obviously but I hope he doesn't count. The first one I met, was a Golden Geodude^^ in Ruby, I believe it was the Team Magma's tunnel that was leading to Groudon.

Not counting Gyarados or the shiny egg you can get on Crystal, a shiney Exeggute in the Sevi Islands.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom