• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your first shiny. How? when? where?

Not counting Red Gyarados, my first one was Graveler on Iron Island. Self-Destructed, of course... >.<

photo.JPG

First Shiny in Gen 6. Murkrow. Was a nice surprise. I'll use it when I playthrough my Y copy :D

Besides the obvious Gyarados (which i lost in time) my first shiny was a Numel which i finally got over to my Black 2 all the way from Emerald. I havent leveled it up to a Camerupt yet but once i move it into my Y, ill try. I probably saw more shiny Pokemon even before but my young and uneducated self probably killed them knowing my luck....

My small list consists of a Shiny Numel, Magmortar, Giratina and Garchomp.

A Piloswine in the Giant Chasm while Team Plasma was still there. I named it Gleam and used it in my team for a while, but not having Icicle Crash or Ice Shard kinda sucked. Still helped me a lot with Shauntal.

Not counting the shiny promotional legendaries or the Gyarados from Gold/HeartGold, mine was in HeartGold, south of Goldenrod City by the Daycare. I don't recall if it was an accident or if I was hunting low level Pokemon to train on for some reason... either way, out popped a shiny Drowzee. Not the Pokemon I would have picked to be my shiny. Still...

My only shiny is wierd, and sticking with my luck with shinies, worthless.

Way back when I was 6 or 7, playing Emerald, I accidentally put two Shroomish in the day care. I didn't, however, have the money to bring them out. Apparently, though, those shroomish didn't exactly have a g-rated lifestyle, and turned into breeding machines. Long story short, by the time I bought them out, I had more than enough baby Shroomish. It turns out, my young and ignorant self didn't realise one was a shiny. After derping around in my boxes last saturday, I found out it was true (I was doing the Pokérus storage glitch seen Here When I found it)

On my FireRed game I encountered a shiny Exeggcute in the Safari Zone, but after throwing around six or seven Safari Balls it eventually fled. Then a few days later while playing on my LeafGreen game I encountered a shiny Meowth on Route 5, this time I managed to catch it.

Just now in my Y I've encountered a horde or Mime Jr. One of them is a shiny. And I'm out of Pokeballs. Thank goodness I'm not crazy about shinies, otherwise I would've been mad right now

My first ever shiny was on a friend's game, a while before I really got into pokemon. I was just derping around Cerulean Cave when a green Golbat appeared; not knowing anything about it I thoight it was a glitch, so I killed it; I then told my friend about it, he nearly beat me to a bloody pulp that day, also I think it was his birthday, hahaha good times:p

My actual first caught shiny was a shiny western Gastrodon on my brother's Diamond ver...

...Sadly, it was stolen along with my DSi XL a few months ago:/

My first Shiny happened this Sunday. I used the Honey that Trevor gave me to enter my first Horde Battle, and lo and behold there was a Shiny Scraggy in the mix. I caught that sucker and it's been a boss on my team.

About two weeks ago I was hunting for eevee in Castellia. It was a yellow rattata. I accidently killed it cause I didn't have my zangoose with false swipe yet. :(

Ironically, my first Shiny encountered by myself wasn't until just yesterday: a Shiny Ariados in Terminus Cave. Paralyzed it, only needed one Dusk Ball. =)

I was in Petalburg Woods in my Sapphire Version, looking for a Shroomish to add to my team. Then, all of a sudden, a shiny Zigzagoon appears and I catch it. I end up lending the game to an idiot friend of mine because he owed me and I wanted him to do the arduous task of Feebas fishing for me. But then he decides to delete my file and start his own, deleting the shiny Zigzagoon in the process. To add insult to injury, he even went and caught the Feebas that he was going to catch me.

But here's the kicker: He gives the game back to me, and it turns out he caught me a shiny Feebas in his new file. He apparently had no idea it was shiny.

I got a Japanese Kricketot (spelling) from the GTS in gen 4. It was a bit of a race against time as he wanted a combee, so I had to breed my Vespiquen fast as ---- and hope nobody beat me to it. Fortunatly, they didn't.
(Unfortunatly, I was stupid enough to evolve it and save so it's named "KRICKETUNE" and I really hate all caps names)

Caught myself a shiny Shinx back in Gen IV by using the pokeradar. Might not have been through luck but the anger of continuous failing and the joy of finally seeing that sparkling grass made it worthwhile. Also, i may have seen a shiny psyduck back in GenII but can't say for certain.

This isn't my first shiny, but I just HAD to share this with someone who cares! I just now caught a shiny Petilil in my White 2 game on Victory Road. So exciting, I think I'll evolve it and replace Sunflora with it on my team, I really like how shiny Lilligant looks. My first shiny was a Vulpix in LeafGreen though, so this makes me second legit shiny found and caught in game! So exciting!

I think it's funny that shinies are easier to find now but still I haven't caught one myself yet... the only shiny I ever met was a Rhyhorn in Leaf Green. In the Safari Zone. You know how it ended. BUT! Actually, I have caught one shiny. I mean, the red Gyarados of GSC still counts... no?

My first shiny (other than Gyarados in Lake Of Rage) was a Makuhita in Granite Cave on my Ruby Version. I'm currently SRing for a Shiny Groudon on the same game. I'm at 887 Soft Resets right now. Wish me luck!

My first shiny (other than Gyarados in Lake Of Rage) was a Makuhita in Granite Cave on my Ruby Version. I'm currently SRing for a Shiny Groudon on the same game. I'm at 887 Soft Resets right now. Wish me luck!

Haha, good luck. I wasn't so ambitious, as even if it does come up as a shiny, the legendary trio in R/S/E have a b*tchin' capture rate.

Depending on whether you caught it or not.
My first shiny I encountered was a Tentacool in Emerald. Unfortunately for me, I didn't know what shinies were back then. I just told myself, "Wait, is this Tentacool purple-and-green-coloured? Is my eyes playing tricks on me?". I was still a small child, so I went to my brother. He called it a glitch and we left it at that.
I learnt about shinies awhile after that. It was frustrating to know.

The first shiny I caught was a shiny Wingull in Emerald as well. I was distracted while going across the grass and looked away from the game screen, then I heard the shiny "bling" and turned back at it. I quickly caught it with a Net Ball.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom