• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your first shiny. How? when? where?

My first shiny was a female Espurr in Y version. Can't wait until it evolves. :3 I was so thrilled to see it, I've never really had much luck with them. My mind barely responded, as I basically just kinda went: "Wait, what? This thing's different somehow." I'm just glad my first shiny was something so damn awesome. (Not counting the time when I was traded a shiny Mightyena and that got deleted due to some shenanigans. @_@)

*Insert Red Gyarados here*

Shiny Poochyena is my first shiny from Emerald. I was just training in there.

Same happened in FireRed and it was shiny Diglett.

However, no luck in later games... :(

My first shiny happened in Pokemon Sapphire. After beating the game and giving my main party Pokemon to my friend for safe-keeping, I decided to start a new game. Anyways, just starting out, no badges to my name, and only my starter and a Zigzagoon to accompany me. I got to Route 104 (Where Mr. Briney's cottage is) and was just trying to get through to the next town. I wasn't planning on catching anything, until I got attacked in the bushes by a shiny Taillow! Needless to say, that Taillow become a permanent part of my team, eventually evolved into Swellow, and now I like to imagine she's in retirement. I still have her on my Black 2 cartridge, and I'll probably move her over to Y when that happens.

Only other shiny Pokemon I have are a Shiny Dustox I caught in Platinum, and a shiny Alomomola I just caught yesterday in Y using the chain-fishing trick. My only regret with the Taillow is that I was only 11 years old at the time, so my genius 11-year-old brain decided the best name for a shiny taillow was "SHINY" in all caps.

If only there were some way I could change that...

I've returned to this thread after my first post a million years ago because it's finally happened. My first was last night, around a quarter to midnight. I was playing X, looking for Pumpkaboo on Route 16. I had just gotten a little ways into my search when a shiny Skorupi appeared. I threw an Ultra Ball at that thing so hard.

[video=youtube;qDSRw6lBOgI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDSRw6lBOgI[/video]
I got video proof, yeah it was pretty crazy

Mine was in Pokemon Sapphire at the area where a sandstorm always occurs. I thought Cacnea had a gender color differences at 3am, caught and saved. Later on, I checked and saw the red star. I was all skskadlsasadl' AWWWW YEH.

You mean after the red Gyarados?

Mine was an Oddish that I randomly found in my Ruby game. Unfortunately for me, I restarted my file and lost it. So by default, the first shiny I kept was my yellow Dustox. I found it as a Cascoon, not even eight hours after I first started my Emerald game.

I...am...freaking...out. Well, I'm a lot calmer now but I was really wound up earlier. I bred a shiny Delibird earlier tonight. It was the first time I have ever bred any shiny. Ok so I was telling everybody and all. That was at around 10pm I guess? Then at around 130 I was still playing and I very very unexpectedly hatched ANOTHER SHINY. This one was a Duskskull.

I was seriously looking at the thing in slow motion afraid to move too much like something would happen to it LOL like I'd accidentally delete or whatever. I kept looking, saying aren't these supposed to be black??? Not maroonish? I couldn't believe it so I went to check for the red star thing.
so that's 2 tonight and btw I live in the US and I have been using a foreign Ditto.

Also, IDK if it has any bearing on this or not, but last night I bred many, many, many eggs from that thing. Like it was doing that thing where you drop off the baby go to the PC, go outside & talk to the guy to check compatibility and he goes "guess what?"
Yeah so...maybe that's why?

I never played the original GSC so I never had red Gyrados. My fist was an Orange Parasect in LG Safari Zone.... with only 2 safari balls left i almost had a heart attack.. But i did catch it... then like two weeks later I caught a Red Geodude in Mt moon on the same game. Also so far in X ive found a Phantump, Poliwhirl and Dwebble... I've never been this lucky in my life.

All this talk about the first one makes me wonder what ones i missed before i knew what they were or wasn't paying attention.

First shiny, let's see... I think it was a Tentacool way back in Ruby.
I remember feeling really bad when I started over my save file and lost it. :p

I...am...freaking...out. Well, I'm a lot calmer now but I was really wound up earlier. I bred a shiny Delibird earlier tonight. It was the first time I have ever bred any shiny. Ok so I was telling everybody and all. That was at around 10pm I guess? Then at around 130 I was still playing and I very very unexpectedly hatched ANOTHER SHINY. This one was a Duskskull.

I was seriously looking at the thing in slow motion afraid to move too much like something would happen to it LOL like I'd accidentally delete or whatever. I kept looking, saying aren't these supposed to be black??? Not maroonish? I couldn't believe it so I went to check for the red star thing.
so that's 2 tonight and btw I live in the US and I have been using a foreign Ditto.

Also, IDK if it has any bearing on this or not, but last night I bred many, many, many eggs from that thing. Like it was doing that thing where you drop off the baby go to the PC, go outside & talk to the guy to check compatibility and he goes "guess what?"
Yeah so...maybe that's why?

Congratulations on being so lucky! :D

Sounds to me like you were blessed from the Masuda method of obtaining shiny Pokemon.

Just ran into a shiny Haunter in X. First wild shiny I've ever knowingly encountered. I've RNG'ed plenty of eggs before, gotten some in trades, and of course I've had my fair share of Shiny Gyarados over the years, but never have I encountered one in the wild.

Beside red Gyarados and events, my first shiny was a Seaking in Leafgreen captured in the safari zone. After that, I caught a shiny Donphan in Heartgold, a shiny Fearow in Soulsilver and a shiny Croagunk in X :).

Apart from the red Gyarados, the first shiny I got was a Patrat that someone offered me for a Chimchar in GTS negotiations.

However, I consider my real first shiny to be my shiny Porygon in Pokemon Platinum, because it was the first one I got on my own. I was really determined to get a shiny by myself, and I loved Porygon's shiny colors, so I tried the Masuda method. I was prepared to hatch as many eggs as it took, but it only took about 73 eggs. I wasn't expecting to get a shiny so soon, so I was shocked when it happened. I saved the game right away (and probably a few more times just to be safe).

I have a few other shinies now, but that Porygon is still my favorite. :)

A Mantine in Heart Gold. I had no pokeballs, so I had to run.:bawl: I encountered a horde of foongus in Y, and one was shiny. I caught her and named her ...Toadette:-D

003.jpg
My very first shiny ever. Caught it as a Spinarak in my original Pokemon Emerald Version back when i was 8 or 9 years old (I'm currently 16).
I still have it 7 or 8 years later, i will never EVER trade it EVER, and it remains my most valued Pokemon I currently own.

My very first shiny pokemon was a Scraggy. I personally don't like Scraggy so I traded it for a Zekrom. My second is better. I had been trying for only two days and had soft reset at most 500 hundred times when a beautiful shiny Totodile appeared. I had a free day in band at school when I found it so I ran around yelling "OH MY GOD SHINY TOTODILE!!!"

My first shiny was a Roselia in Platinum. I still use him and plan on transferring him with PokeBank as soon as it releases!
I was using the PokeRadar, though, so I was somewhat expecting it. Not to say I wasn't excited and surprised, though.

I also have a shiny Aegislash (my BABE) and Ninetales from X and a Bisharp I was traded, if that counts.

My first Shiny was a Whismur in Pokemon Ruby. He appeared when I was leveling up my party near Rustboro city. I remember I was overwhelmed, because I had never ecountered a shiny before...But it have a sad ending. I caught it, but I didn't notice that my GBA has extremely low battery. Right after Whismur's dex entry popped up...the screen went black.
That moment was the worst I ever had in my gaming history. I could me very emotionial of everything back then, so I was near breaking my Gba. It still works though.
That Whismur still haunts me to this day :(

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom