• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your first shiny. How? when? where?

Not counting the red Gyarados, my first shiny was an Oddish in Gold. My sister beat me to it with a shiny Snubbull in Silver though.
Strangely, I've had three more shiny Oddish accross different games since then.

My first shiny ever, besides the Red Gyrados in HG/SS, is actually in my Pokémon X(before X/Y I had Platinum, SS, and Black), after my save data got corrupted and I had to reset, while I was running through Shining Cave, trying to get an Old Amber, which I did end up getting. A wild pokémon swooped down from above, a blue-spiked Ferroseed.

I also, sometime recently, accidentally Masuda Method'd a Fennekin.

My first and only shiny to date was a Tauros caught on Safari in Soul Silver. I didn't use it but it was nice to own.

Action Replay.

Just kidding. When I was searching for Magmar in the Burned Tower I came across a shiny Koffing. Sadly, I never got the Magmar...

My first shiny was a Cleffa that came from the egg you received from the Daycare Couple in Crystal version. My first encounter shiny was a Wurmple in Ruby Version.

I only recently got back into the Pokemon series so my first shiny was a Drapion, encountered in a patch of grass Route 19 in X. First shiny that I was actually looking for was a Gothorita in Pokemon Village, just to test out the PokeRadar.

My first Pokemon game was Sapphire. There was this time when you need to do the mission for Wattson, where you need to turn off/on the underground thingy. I encountered a blue Voltorb! At that time I didn't even know about shiny Pokemon, so I thought, "Maybe Voltorb has different colors.....". So I went and search for other colored Voltorb (green actually). Never found one. LOL

first of lol dragonite funny thought

my first shiny (beside gyrados) was in soul silver when i found a blue unknown...

WHY!!!!!! *SOB*

p.s. i though i'd metion this my freind once found a shiny graveler in a horde. he sent out a flying type and they all used magnitude. ROFL

Mine was a Kricketune in Diamond, the first Pokémon game I owned. Found it only a day or two after I got the game, so I freaked out. Somehow, I ran out of PokéBalls trying to catch it. It was horrible.

my first encounter with a shiny was a Shiny Zubat in LeafGreen. Unfortunately I had no Poke Balls left when I found it. :-(

My first caught shiny was Blitzle in Pokemon Black, was so exciting since Blitzle is my favorite Pokemon line in Generation V.

The first not red gyarados shiny I ever saw was a Delibird in pokemon Silver.

The first one I actually caught (delibird bust out of all the pokeballs I tossed at it) was a tympole in white. If I saw any between the delibird and the tympole I can't remember them. I haven't seen a shiny since then.

My first Shiny was in Black2, a Tangela I found outside Giant Chasm, that little part that links into Route 12 (I think). I near about crapped myself. I managed to burn it without KO'ing it and got him in a Dusk Ball... ending up evolving him into a Tangrowth named Tupave.

My second shiny I caught yesterday, actually - a Barbaracle in the Friend Safari. Whoot.

I was just browsing the tall grass in Pokemon Diamond, when when I wild shining, pink and gold Sneasel appeared! I trained him to an almighty Weavile, and Weavile is now in my top 10 favorite Pokemon!

------

Assuming the Red Gyarados in Gold/Silver/Emerald doesn't count, my first one ever was a shiny wurmple while I was training my Torchic in emerald.. My second was a Frogadier in a friend safari in Y. That's pretty much all I've found so far.. I'm not at all lucky with finding shiny pokemon :(

My first(and so far only) shiny was a Wingull in black. Not super exciting.

My dream is to have a shiny Ponyta/Rapidash! I love the blue mane and tail! :D

My first shiny was a Psyduck in Platinum. I found it at Lake Verity when I was looking for a Golduck (which I never did find).

My first shiny was a shiny weedle i caught in pokemon y :3
He's a green beedrill with blue eyes now :D

My first shiny was back in Gen II. I had heard about shinies beforehand, via my brother. He advised my to keep reloading my save until I got a shiny legendary, so I did. Which legendary? That should be obvious. (Unfortunately, my Silver cartridge broke and I lost it.)

The first shiny that I wasn't trying to get was a Hariyama in Sapphire.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom