• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your first shiny. How? when? where?

I don't ever remember a shiny in my early, early days, and besides the Gyarados in my original Gold game, my first (and completely legit, random, and unexpected) shiny was in either Diamond or Pearl, in the Lost Tower. I was just trying to get away from the place after getting my HM, and I ran into a purple, sparkling Murkrow. (Of course, it had to be the Pokemon notoriously hard to capture.) I had lots of balls (go ahead and giggle), and ended up catching it with what I believe was some ten balls away from my last. Needless to say, I was fricken ecstatic. C'mon, PURPLE!

In my first SoulSilver (sadly with all my best Pokemon and now lost), I remember being in the Safari Zone, using objects to my heart's content, when I ran into a tan Rattata. I was like, "Oh yeah!", because Rattata is easy to catch and won't even have a chance to run away. Caught it!

Then, in my SoulSilver II, I was going into Union Cave to train and stock up on entries before my Bugsy battle, and I saw a green Zubat. Awesome, right? Caught it easily, and this one, at least, still resides in my PC, completely within my access. I realize I've been, pretty much, the luckiest person ever to see, let alone capture, three unexpected shinies without even trying, and I thank the PokeGods (a.k.a. GameFreak) for allowing this to happen.

/end spiel

My first shiny was a Bronzor in Pokemon Diamond in Wayward Cave. I freaked out. It was around 2009.

A couple months ago EV training a Blissey in Heart Gold. I can't remember the name of the route but I was surfing and I ran into a shiny tentacruel, I was elated.

My first Shiny Pokémon? It isn't Gyarados, but instead Hoothoot back in Gen II. And it happened just a few steps after receiving the first batch of Poké Balls!

My very first would be a Geodude in Platinum. Was just running around for a Gible and stumbled upon it. :eek:

The first shiny I saw was a shiny Zubat, way back when Crystal was first releaased in the UK. I didn't catch it. :( Later, I hatched a shiny Cleffa from the egg you're given but that had a 50% chance to be shiny so I don't count it.

For me, my first proper shiny was on my first playthrough of Emerald: a shiny Seviper. I had just got the game and didn't know what Seviper looked like, it was the first Seviper I had ever seen. It took me a while to figure out he was shiny.

Well my first not masuda method hatched shiny was the Pichu I ahtched this afternoon I was like "Pikachu colored Pichu! Pikachu colored Pichu!" while he was doing his adorable animation in Heartgold now he's gonna be on my Soulsilver team with my shiny Chikorita, Cyndaquil, and Totodile

Re: Your first Shining Pokemon.

my first ever shiny pokemon was a spinda in sapphire and at the time, i was 8 and had no idea what a shiny was so i KO'ed it. my friend then came over to me and looked at my game and saw a green spinda fainting and said, "What did you do!? You just missed a 1 in 8192 chance!!!" :banghead: im 12 now and am STILL trying to reclaim that shiny.

Oh, I remember my first shiny very vividly! It was a few years ago whilst I was playing Pokemon Crystal. I was just about to go back to Azalea through the forest and right when I got to that pink section a step away from the exit, something appears. I was like, "Nuuu, stop bothering me! >_<" But then a Caterpie popped out, all gold and shiny. I was glad I got invaded.

Shiny Abra in Sapphire just after arriving to Dewford...yes, I got it.

Minus the Red Gyarados in Silver, a shiny Taillow in Ruby. Why oh why didn't I trade it before starting a new game? ;_;

I think it was either a pidgey or a ratatta in Crystal. I didn't catch it because I didn't have any pokeballs D:

I had a shiny Numel in Sapphire. I lost the save file since then. :(

I found my first shiny very recently, compared to most of you.

It was a Floatzel in Platinum that I found in Victory Road. Unfortunately, it has terrible IVs.

I ended up finding a shiny Zubat in Emerald later, although I KOed it because my team was too strong. My weakest Pokémon knocked it out in one hit. :(

I did find a shiny Magikarp in the Lake of Rage in SoulSilver, and a shiny Psyduck on Route 34 in HeartGold. I like shiny Psyduck's coloration better than Golduck's but oh well. It evolved and that's that.

I randomly caught a shiny Clampearl in Emerald. It has since evolved to a Huntail.

Not counting the red gyarados.

In my sapphire version, I was soft resetting for a female mudkip, I got a shiny one my third attempt, and I kept it.

...Third attempt?

I F**KING HATE YOU!

Mine was a Shiny Slugma. I got it in Emerald. I thought something was wrong with it at the time, lol

I transfered it to Diamond, but now I've traded it away for legit Arceus. :)

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom