• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your first shiny. How? when? where?

Re: Your first Shining Pokemon.

In pokemon FIreRed, I was playing in Mt Moon when suddendly...
*stars appear on the screen* WILD ZUBAT APPEARED!!
NO WAY!! IT'S COLOR IS DIFERENT!!! I was 11... *sigh* nice memories :B

Hmmm, other than the red Gyarados, my first shiny was a Snorlax which I met at the Bridge in SS, accidentally made it faint though, then later on SS, I caught my first shiny, a Tentacruel I named Jaden ^^

On the original gold version, I ran into a shiny Hoothoot on one of the earlier routes. I was a kid and was still watching the TV show. So I said, "Dude! That's Ash's Shiny Noctowl!" Of course, I didn't have any Pokeballs. I still regret it to this day. lol j/k
But seriously. I've never seen any another shiny Pokemon since. Except good ol' Red Gyarados.

Only shiny I've found is the red gyarados in SS.
I'm that unlucky. :C

tho I soft-resetted for a shiny charmander in FireRed but I dunno if that counts.

First Shiny Pokémon was a Bibarel in Diamond when using the PokéRadar. I thought I was walking into a normal rustling leaves bush but it was a Shiny bush! Too bad it broke the chain I was having though...

Other than Red Gyarados that goes back to Gold/Silver/Crystal, it was a Fearow that I randomly encountered after beating Diamond and going on Route 225 I believe. I unfortunately traded it to someone else, suffice to say, I regret doing that. Though, I am glad that Fearow wasn't my only shiny capture.

My first shiny Pokémon was none other than Pikachu (caught in FireRed). I was on holiday in Southern England and it was a hella sunny day. Pikachu appeared and I remember tilting my GBA this way and that, thinking the odd colouring was a trick of the sunlight. <:3 ♥
My second (and last, legit one anyway) was a shiny Buizel.

I've had insanely good luck with shinies over the years, though my first shiny encounter wasn't so lucky. The first shiny I encountered that wasn't a red Gyarados was a gold Growlithe on my Gold version. I was so excited and determined to catch it! I was cautious when lowering its health. I didn't want to knock it out. Then I got the ultimate slap to the face when it friggin' roared at me and the battle ended. I died a little inside. D:

The first shiny I caught (that wasn't a red Gyarados) was a shiny Poochyena on my Emerald version. I ran into it merely 17 minutes into a new game, just after I got Pokeballs. It became a permanent member in my team. I was so proud. :'D

I have NEVER seen a shiny pokemon in any of my games (Red Gyarados doesn'
t count). My friend found a shiny fearow in Diamond though (on Friday the 13th hehehe)

Besides the red Gyarados? It was a shiny Dunsparce in Gold. I wish I still had it. I can still remember when I encountered it. In the cave, wild encounter as usual (I was looking for a Dunsparce anyway) when suddenly "PINGPINGPINGPING" *Dunsparce's cry*. EPIC.

Only ever caught one shiny (not counting L.O.R) a ratacate with a timid natur i only showed it off (most of my friends had much better luck then me) but then my little sis was realy pissed at me one day and deleted my file on diamond(it hade 50 something hours on it)
iv played on my new diamond file for 147 hours no shinys for me
iv played 121 hours on my platnum no shiny
iv played 184 hours on heart gold no shinys(not counting L.O.R)
iv played 232 hours on emraled no shinys
iv played 87 hours on leaf green no shinys
iv played 163 hours on ruby no shinys
and finaly my good old sliver my first game that i spent 219 hours of my child hood on NO FUCKING SHINYS BESIDES L.O.R!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IF I DONT GET ONE MOTHER FUCKING GOD DAMN SHINY IN BLACK/WHITE IM GOING TO ON A HUGE ASS RAMPAGE!

Last edited:

I've never had a legit shiny, well except for the Lake of Rage Gyrados..

Wow my first Shiny.... was Red Gyarados back in Crystal.

But in the 3rd Generation, Leaf Green, I happened to come across a Shiny Female Nidoran. I raised it to become a Nidoqueen and I have made it a member of my team.

Oh, and I have a Shiny Gyarados, from Lake of Rage. But who doesn't own that bugger? ;-)

Red Garaydos and a shiny slowpoke in LG, whish I'm going to evolve into a slowking in Diamond! ^______^

Shiny Registeel i caught it in Pokemon Emerald and i didn't know it was shiny until my friend showed me his.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom