• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your first shiny. How? when? where?

~AntonioBIO~

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
Your first Shining Pokemon.

In my first Pokemon game, Gold Version, I was surfing, and then I found a Shining Krabby, and I didn't even realize it. I ran away from it, because I thought it was a glitch in the game. Then, I was searching for a Shining Shuckle because I saw an episode about it, and I thought it was cool. But instead, I found another Shining Krabby! This time I caught it because I saw stars coming from it, so I knew it was a special Pokemon. Never found the Shining Shuckle, though. When I was training my Chansey on Route 7, left from Saffron City, after two hours of training, I found a Shining Abra, and I was thinking, "No way!" I was right, because I saw that I didn't have a single Pokeball in my pack. As you can see, I don't have good luck with Shining Pokemon. I switched off the game, turned it back on and bought new Pokeballs. I tried to search for the Abra again, not realizing finding a shining is 1/8000 chance. I was about to leave the route, but then, a Shining Kadabra appears, and I was really lucky. I caught it and trained to an Alakazam. It is a cool, purple Alakazam. Please post your first Shining Pokemon.

Annoyingly enough, I've never run into a wild shining pokemon. My first, and only shining pokemon is that Gyarados. :-(

The first was the Red Gyarados. But besides him, I think it was a Shinny Fearow. Can't remember much of my long-dead GSC days. XD.

My first Shiny Pokemon was a Weepinbell *has a James/Weepinbell moment flashback*. I caught it in that little patch of grass you have to Surf to, near that Ice Path that leads to Blackthron City. I remember very well, I used my Master Ball on it because I had no other Poke Balls. I trained it and raised it into a Victreebell with a blue mouth, and then I think I traded it for my friend's pink Crobat.

Apart from the Red Gyarados on GSC I have never come across a wild shiny Pokemon legitimately. However on Silver I used some kind of cheating thing to get every shiny Pokemon.

I think that my only shiny pokémon that I didn't cheat to get was the shiny Gyarados. The others would just be gamesharked, because I like shiny pokemon <3

I've got a shiny Pidgey (Autumn) and a shiny Spearow (Sunlight). Does anyone know if they retain their shiny if they evolve?

Yes, they will still be Shining Pokemon if they evove. Don't worry ;-)

LT you are SO evil... steal my favourite Pokemon's pre-evo... XD Other than the red Gyarados... my first ever was a Tentacool. Then on Leaf Green I found a shiny Ratatta.... I think that's it. XD

Actually, now I seem to remember coming across a shiny pokémon in the wild once without cheating, on either Crystal or Gold, but I can't remember for the life of me what species it was.

I get a shiny Chikorita in Pokémon Silver. When that happened, I even knew what was a shiny. XD

Shiny Swinub appears!

Go Raticate! Quick Attack

CRITICAL HIT

Swinub fainted.

::Yells at Raticate::

End of first shiny pokemon story (Gold).

well its shiny not shining and nyway i got a shiny caterpie now a shiny butterfree in leaf green, i got others but thats the one that comes to mind. I know i have a shiny Golbat in ruby and a shiny Gyarados like everyone else is G/S/C

I saw a shiny Zubat when I was looking for a Teddiursa in Crystal. In the Dark Cave.

I wasn't really paying all that attention to the screen, due to me getting ticked off when Teddiursa refused to appear, and when the little thing did, it ran away. Hypnosis phails.

Anyway, I heard a little sparkle thing, so I went "WTF" and saw a purple Zubat. It was level two. But I somehow didn't kill it and caught it, and trained it. I realized then that I hate Zubat and it's line.

After awhile, my Crystal sucked. So I started over, and forgot about my Zubat (that had evolved into a Golbat by then). I didn't really care.

On my next playthrough, after trying to hatch my egg into a Pichu or Elekid, a shiny Cleffa pops out. I debated on keeping the shiny Cleffa, but I screwed it and kept going. I never did get an electric pokemon... It was like I was doomed to Cleffa.

So I deleted THAT game, and now I'm going yet another playthrough. Will I find a shiny this time? Will I delete the game? WHO KNOWS! *mystery*

In LG, I ran into a shiny Paras. I caught it, but I'm pretty sure my cousin deleted that file. I wasn't affected.

And the red Gyarados of course.

That gyarados was my first, but In G/S I managed to get a rapidash (which looks very cool btw), and a donphan.

In Ru/Sa/Fr/Lg I have a Voltorb, Psyduck, Paras, Altaria, and Linoone.

... How do you have that many shiny ones naturally? o_O Or did you cheat? XD

Between Ruby and Fr, I have over 350 hours played, so that number of shineys isn't too strange.
Most of them appeared while I was EV training:
Paras while Atk training, Psyduck while Sp.Atk training, Swablu while Atk training (fighting nuzleaf that appear in the same area as swablu), and Zigzagoon while Speed training.

Voltorb was just a fluke.

First shining Pokémon.. Crystal version..I was in Mt.Motar, I found a shiny Machop, was dissapointed at the colours. There wasn't much of a difference.. quite annoying but I caught it.
Since then the only other one I've found is a Shiny Volbeat in Sapphire, now being trained in Leaf Green. ;)

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom