• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your first shiny. How? when? where?

Re: Your first Shining Pokemon.

my first was in dimond(that was accualy my first game) it was a bibarel (eehh i dont really like it but it was my first so ... ok ill keep it) instead of brown its yellowish-brown, it was also in the marsh so i even thought i wouldent get it, my second was in emerald and it was a shiny golbat in the cave of victory road! and my third that was just 2 weeks ago was in soul silver on the road below blackthorn city it was a scarmory, i keep trying to catch them and failed then a shiny one came along and i caught it and was SSOOOOOOOOO HAPPY!!

My only shiny was the Red Gyarados in HG. -_- And that doesn't really count.

.....Soul Silver,Gyradoes (Obviously) since it was part of the game XD.

Mine was in Gold and not counting the red gyarados, it was a shiny zubat in slowpoke well.

Red Gyarados... though I know I have caught some other shiny Pokémon too way back my GSC days... I forgot though, 'cause back then I never really cared...

my First Shiny Pokemon, even tho ive been playing since Blue Came out, And Not Counting The Gyrados, Was in Fire red like Last Year ha. it Was A Shing Ponyta. Nothings cooler Than Blue flames :p

I was very exited when I found my first, because I was the last of my friends to get one. In Pearl, I was walking in the trophy garden looking for a Castform, and I found a shiny Roselia. The funny thing was that right after, I found the Castform.

I've been playing Pokemon ever since it came out and the only shiny Pokemon I've encountered is the Red Gyarados in Crystal and SoulSilver. T_T

In addition to the Shining Gyarados in Silver, I also caught a shiny Spearow which I later evolved into Fearow.
I had gotten a shiny Celebi from a trade.
And I think this was right before I stopped playing because it's vague, but I also got a shiny Cleffa from an egg I was hatching.

All gone now though, since the battery in the cart died...

I've been playing Pokemon ever since it came out and the only shiny Pokemon I've encountered is the Red Gyarados in Crystal and SoulSilver. T_T

I was like that, too, until a few years ago when I stumbled across a shiny Floatzel out of nowhere before I even finished the main Diamond quest, and sadly, killed it because of the MOTHERFUCKIN' CRITICAL.

I mass-cloned the next shiny I got (you'd think having a 100 hours on FR with both it and E's National Dexes complete would help), though.

Mine was in gold version. The weird part is that it WASN'T the red gyarados. I killed the thing, having no idea how rare shinies were. It was only monts later, when I was searching for chansey to trade for an aerodactyl, that I found a shiny Nidorino! By THAT time I thought that these might be rarer than I originally thought, so I caught it and promptly raised it to a nidoking as one of my teammates! (And I did eventualy catch a chansey in that patch of grass!)

Shiny Venonat in Gold's National park during a bug capturing contest((NOT HG). I found him the first day I got the game, before the red gyarados story. He still lives on my platinum game as Azul for his eyes. ^_^

Shiny Venonat in Gold's National park during a bug capturing contest((NOT HG). I found him the first day I got the game, before the red gyarados story. He still lives on my platinum game as Azul for his eyes. ^_^

... wouldn't you have needed to abuse the Pokesav, then? GSC aren't exactly compatible with any of the games after them, never mind the ones on the DS...

My first (and only) legit shiny is a shiny Psyduck, found in the Safari Zone. I was lucky enough to catch it with one Safari Ball!

Shiny Zubat in Mt. Moon in FireRed.
had no clue what a shiny was til years later. thankfully i caught it and ported it to HG.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom