• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your first shiny. How? when? where?

Re: Your first Shining Pokemon.

I've never seen a wild shining pokemon, but I was breeding Caterpie for trade and one of the hatchlings came out golden, which I have evolved into a very trippy looking Butterfree.

On Silver, my first besides Gyarados was a Ratatta near the Lake of Rage (that place must attract shinies!), but I didn't have a clue what shinies were so didn't catch it. I later encountered a shiny Zubat in Tohjo Falls on the same game, I tried to catch it but ended up making it faint. The first shiny I caught was a Zigzagoon on Ruby, west of Petalburg, but I've since started a new game - I made Groudon faint and was determined to have another go at catching it!

I was fishing in the Resort Area looking for the level 100 Magikarp, and I found a shiny level 82 Magikarp. I failed at catching it.

For some reason I let my brother play a little on my game, and he found a shiny Zigzagoon. I got kinda mad that he found it. Anyways, something went wrong and I didn't catch it... So I guess it wasn't "my first shiny Pokémon" in lots of ways. That would be the red Gyarados, I guess. Boring...

Last edited:

I encountered a Shiny Shinx, Naughty natured, I think. I don't have my games or DS anymore, but Luxray's line will be a favorite for a while because of the shiny. It was certainly useable, because a +Attack nature is optimal, while the stat to be dropped is mostly just optional for a Luxray.

I did have RedG--I never knew it was special at the time.

i never caught mine but i do have some.My friend has a cheat to get all these pokemon and i thought wow cn i trade you some so i got a shiny mew,Arceus and articuno. Lucky hey

During my first ever playthrough of Pokemon Gold (this was back in April of 2000), I was going through the Union Cave and came across a shining Zubat. I immediately caught it. I remember thinking 'That's bloody strange!' LOL...I kept it in my party and raised it through the next two evolutionary stages. I was very proud of that Crobat.

My first Shining Pokemon caught me by surprise. I remember I was playing Emerald. I was surfing on a pond in the Safari Zone and a wild Pokemon appeared. Much to my surprise, it was a blue Psyduck. I was a bit confused since it was the first time I ever encountered a Shiny Pokemon. I showed my friend and he told me to not let it get away and catch it! Of course, I was able to catch it! I also remember the first Shiny I met in Pearl. I was out on a catching spree, trying to get all the Unown forms in the Solaceon Ruins. An Unown appeared, it was the 'O' form. I wasn't surprised that I found a Shiny actually, I assumed the Shiny rate increased because of all the Pokemon I was catching!

These are my firsts for each generation.
In Gen II: Shiny Ditto caught in Gold.
In Gen III: Shiny Koffing caught in Emerald.
In Gen IV: Shiny Magicarp caught in SoulSilver, just a few moments ago. It was kind of funny too. I was just fishing for a bunch of Magicarp so I could use them to do trades between my carts. I was doing it on Route 30 at the pond behind the Cherrygrove City Pokémon Center.

I'm usually very unlucky so my first shiny almost gave me a heart attack. I was training a Manaphy around the volcano in my pearl version (I forget the name) and I saw a shiny Camerupt. I just about died.

I'm usually very unlucky so my first shiny almost gave me a heart attack. I was training a Manaphy around the volcano in my pearl version (I forget the name) and I saw a shiny Camerupt. I just about died.

The volcano in question is Stark Mountain.

And my first Shiny was a Ratatta in... I think LeafGreen on Route 1. Fortunately, I had just gotten Pokeballs. But the game got wiped somehow, and I didn't find another Shiny until the Gyarados in SoulSilver.

I guess my first was a gyarados. But since then i've come to meet a zubat, mankey and buizel! Good times!

An orange Zigzagoon when I was wandering around after E4 in Emerald. Long time after that I Palparked it with a golden Magikarp and a golden Swablu. I never got any other shiny in IV generation, besides red. Gyarados xD

2nd gen = THE RED GYARADOS
3rd gen = The 'shiny pidgey' story happened to me.
4th gen = Staravia (with a good nature)
5th gen = coming soon.

The first shiny I encountered was a green oddish, in Emerald. It was in that patch of grass right out of Slateport City, on your way to the bike pass. I saw the silouette appear and I thought "ohh, another oddish" Then it wound up being green. I knew exactly what to do: Put it to sleep and slowly get it down. When I had it down enough, I went to get a pokeball.

I DIDN'T HAVE A POKEBALL AND I GOT SO MAD I NEARLY THREW MY SP ACROSS THE ROOM.

Aside from the Gyarados I haven't seen one since.

What: Shiny Trapinch
When:2005
Game:Emerald

I was freaked out, i thought it had a disease....so i catch it and turns out it had pokerus....and ive gotten alots of other shinies since then....Grimer.....Gyaradoes...Raikou..Entei....I also had a Zigazagoon but I my si stole it and i gave trapinch away

Gyarados

My first wild shiny was shortly after it the Gyarados, I was in the ice cave, and I encountered a shiny Delibird.
Young me: Don't have time to catch it... I'll return for you later... RUN! Another Delibird... it's red... this one is red as well, so is this... DID I FIND A RARE ONE?! MUST CATCH IT!
Then I roamed the cave for almost two days (not fully, but whenever I played the game), and finally decided that I missed out on it... :(

But the first one I CAUGHT was in FireRed, a shiny Phanpy, later Donaphan! FireRed has since deleted the save file and ran away... :'(

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom