• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your first shiny. How? when? where?

My first shiny was in Gold version when I found a Shiny Chinchou at random, which didn't look shiny at first, but I still caught it to make sure.

My first shiny was a pink metapod ^_^ of course I evolved it into a butterfree my friends were jelous I had a pink butterfree

^^^that was in the orignal gold version

Last edited by a moderator:
My first shiny was a Scyther on Gold, found during the Bug-Catching Contest...
But I thought something was wrong with the game, so I turned it off... *facepalms*

Unova Victory road, Shiny Deino. KO'd it. Should have just Masterballed and been done with it. Now I really want one, but GTS is a frustrating place to search for foreign 'mons.

I've already posted in this thread, but I need to say this again, since I just lost the Pokémon forever due to a corrupted save file on Platinum. T.T

An Absol, found on Route 120 in Ruby. A male, naive nature, and I raised it to level 65.

R.I.P. Absol.

Mine was Oddish in Emerald. I can't remember what the route was but it's the one with Day Care Center.
I was just randomly running into bushes and then I ran into a shiny Oddish.
I didn't know what shiny Pokemon were but I caught it anyway. She's now Bellossom and happily in my Platinum version.

The first one I ever saw was a Nincada in Emerald. Didn't catch it though, cause I didn't want it. xP

Plus, I didn't know how valuable shinies were back then lol. I've caught four others: Rattata in FR (which is now a Raticate), Aron in Emerald (which is now a Lairon), Kricketune in Platinum (which I traded away), and Zubat in HG (which is now my beloved Crobat).

Crobat is the only shiny I have that is actually a Pokemon I'm a fan of though. xP What I'd give for a shiny Ponyta or Shinx...

Mine was a shiny Zigzagoon in Ruby.
I ended up releasing it a few days later, because I didnt need it.

Re: Your first Shining Pokemon.

mine was a togepi! even though i used the poke radar to find him, I loved him! and that same day, while I was training him, I found a shiny snover!!! I didn't even notice she was shiny until I saw the sparkles.

in black, I went into the dark grass, the music for a double battle played, and one of the pokemon was a Timburr. i didn't see the sparkles, but then I looked at him and...... "HOLY-!"

Besides the Gyarados, I got Pete the Pidgey.

That's about it.

Mine was a Spinda in Sapphire. Too bad I was 5 and thought my game was glitching. My best friend came over to see what I was doing and saw a green Spinda fall and see the message "The wild Spinda fainted!" He asked what I did and I told him. He then explained to me exactly what a shiny is :boom:

I got a shiny Arceus through the GAME store event. Go figure. I had no idea about the moves other than Judgement though, so I got rid of them. Now I can't get them back.

Last edited:

my first shiny was a zubat from sapphire
a friend took it then started a new game

but i just recently found a shiny golbat in fire red... happiness much...

since then i have obtained over 30 ligit shinys from MM and SR including raquaza and darkri

my first was on ss, a tentacool, my second was on platinum, a graveler, my third was on black, a golbat (forgot to trade it a way and back when I started over what a bummer)of course there's the gyradose in the lake of rage but I don't think it should count cause everybody gets one and the shiny dogs from the event but they shouldn't count either :\

A golden Magikarp in Sapphire. I about pissed myself and immediately evolved it into my beloved Red Gyarados.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom